Bills sign ex-Ram Tyrunn Walker

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
https://www.buffalobills.com/news/bills-add-defensive-tackle-tyrunn-walker

eazbqmwaevr9xfmyey6s.jpg

The Bills announced the signing of defensive tackle Tyrunn Walker.

Walker joins the Bills after spending 2017 with the Los Angeles Rams. He played in all 16 games making four starts and producing 22 tackles, 1.0 sack and four passes defensed. For his career, he’s played in 58 games with 85 tackles and 4.5 sacks.

He joined the NFL as an undrafted free agent with the New Orleans Saints in 2012. He is a native of New Iberia, Louisiana and played his college football at Tulsa. He is entering his seventh NFL season and in addition to the Saints and the Rams he has also spent time with the Detroit Lions.

The Bills have released defensive tackle John Hughes with an injury settlement.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
I'm still trying to figure out why we kept smart over this guy
Probably the first year contract for Smart is a lot cheaper than the vet minimum for Walker.

And I have no problem with Smart but I liked Tyrunn Walker as a solid backup.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
I just remember smart getting pushed around last year. Hopefully he's better this year

AllGasNoBrakes

Air Traffic Controller
I just remember smart getting pushed around last year. Hopefully he's better this year

I wouldn’t hold my breath. Smart was the one who got crossed up on Lamar Jackson’s TD run. If you’re going to be an undersized D Lineman you need to at least be agile.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Our 2nd season 6th round pick DT Tanzel Smart (TS) has yet to show me anything. His best position is the 3 tech post where the Rams have the experience of Aaron Donald & Dom Easley both signed to play that post. We saw from last Thursday's game that when 5th yr DL Ethan Westbrooks was permitted to show off his 3 tech skills he got two quick sacks of the QB....that's 3 deep right there. UDFA rookie McKay Murphy is another 3 tech DL'er

The under 6-1 300lber TS got to start early last season @ NT & failed quickly. If our 2018 6th rd selection Nose Tackle Sebastian Joseph-Day can walk then he stands a good chance of filling the 2017 TS position on the master roster this season. TS appears like a future WWC.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Walker & Goff at Eagles game heading back to locker room after warm ups.

Walker.jpg

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Cheaper. We have plenty of depth and talent on the DL. Smart may not make the team.

And there will be many more cases like that, of the team bringing in cheaper players for depth, as more players get their second contract. It's the nature of the NFL cap.