Bills cheerleaders halt season after lawsuit

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
They're getting paid the Industry standard...which basically translates to post 2008 "you should feel lucky you have a job" wages. Sad times.
Does anybody here remember the terms "merit raise" or "market value increase?" Do those even exist anymore?
No. Now we have people marching in the streets and protesting for a $15/hour minimum wage like the pinheads in Seattle just passed. Merit means you managed to roll out of the rack in the morning and drag your ass into work.

We give merit raises for non-tipped employees. Our servers make about $25 - $30 bucks an hour. Their merit raise comes from the guests they serve (and an artificial minimum wage increase). But I will absolutely not give raises on a time worked basis. Ah hell - this is gonna get political - ain't it.

I'm out.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
No. Now we have people marching in the streets and protesting for a $15/hour minimum wage like the pinheads in Seattle just passed. Merit means you managed to roll out of the rack in the morning and drag your ass into work.

We give merit raises for non-tipped employees. Our servers make about $25 - $30 bucks an hour. Their merit raise comes from the guests they serve (and an artificial minimum wage increase). But I will absolutely not give raises on a time worked basis. Ah hell - this is gonna get political - ain't it.

I'm out.
Yeah i disagree somewhat on your definition but like you said...i won't go there...here. :)

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Isn't being a cheerleader just a portfolio-builder? I mean, are there actually career cheerleaders? I figured it was just a way for them to step into more lucrative job opportunities in the modeling world. I can't tell ya how many times I've read "former cheerleader for _______" in some of the more, uh, classy publications.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Pay the fuckers and leave them alone is what I say, they're a draw and they bring people to your games, for some, like the Cowboys, they're a huge contributor to that draw.

Nobody deserves to be treated like an animal or a slave just by the design of their job, that's some 18th century style thinking, and there's why that's in the past.

Ken

Starter
Name
Ken Morris
They don't do it for the money. They know they won't make much. Its more of a pastime. They should be paid better, though. And dunk tanks and auctions should be optional. IMO Many do it because they were competitive dancers before college and they love dancing.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
They're getting paid the Industry standard...which basically translates to post 2008 "you should feel lucky you have a job" wages. Sad times.
Does anybody here remember the terms "merit raise" or "market value increase?" Do those even exist anymore?

These owners are billionaires and are only gonna get richer. They can't set aside 300k for their cheerleaders and pay for their uniforms/travel? I hope they boycot.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
These owners are billionaires and are only gonna get richer. They can't set aside 300k for their cheerleaders and pay for their uniforms/travel? I hope they boycot.
Big business is STILL using the 2008 crash as an excuse to cut pay, benefits and restructure the middlle class.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I have no issue with the pay, and they know going in they are going to make some good money at some events and that they will do charity work for free. They know how much they will make on game day, and they know they have to put in the work during the week at practices. None of that is a secret and none of that is wrong. They don't do this as a career, it's a hobby and a way to build a resume or network.

However.......

Sitting on the highest bidders lap, getting dropped into a dunk tank in a bikini and being subjected to that type of treatment is fucked up and should stop right away. WTF thought that shit would be a good idea? I don't blame them for making a stink about that, it's pretty boorish behavior.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
LOCAL High school cheerleading teams will get to cheer now and probably make a cupple thou for their program and be happy as hell.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
There is enough money in the NFL to pay the Girls better.

However I won't ever understand the female prerogative to knowingly dress in a very sexual manor, showing your wares, and yet get angry when treated like a sex object. I have been present at many a bar fight over such nonsense. Where one guy gets gets a bit too suggestive and gets a beer thrown on him and then the chick gets another guy, who also lusts after the girl, to beat the first guy up. I am not questioning the right or wrong of it on behalf of men. But it just seems like the girls want to have their cake and eat it too when it comes to not being treated like a sex object.

If I take a job pumping septic tanks, I expect to get some shit on myself now and then.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
A significant number of those girls are there to latch on to a football player as well,and I agree dressing like they do and being aghast at being treated like sex objects when they've made themselves one is the worst kind of confused,I get the no groping meme their person should not be violated ,but they line up wide and deep for those jobs cry like five year olds when they don't get them, they start out doing it for the love end up wanting a better deal than they signed on for,sounds familiar.:cool:

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff

Mojo, I'm with you man. It use to be that a raise was based upon the value you brought to your company. Now that value only means job security and no longer raises.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I don't understand where the "$2 an hour" comes from. $90 for a 9 hour game day is $10 an hour.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I'll agree on the surface it looks unfair, but is it really? Isn't this just like an internship or something? There are literally thousands upon thousands of girls who try to make these teams, and I'm willing to bet most are informed in advance of what the job entails/what the compensation is. I maintain this is just a way for these girls to boost their portfolio. In a way, they're using these teams as a stepping stone, so some shitty wages isn't necessarily a bad trade-off. What's the average length of time a cheerleader spends with a team? Like 4-6 years? And don't they have other jobs as well at the same time?

The supply is low and the demand is extremely high. You don't HAVE to be an NFL Cheerleader if it's so horrible. But in the end, NFL Owners will probably throw a token their way in light of this recent "development", but I don't expect wholesale changes as a result.