Bill/Bengals stoppage latest

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
For some reason, I'm not allowed to post on the original Hamlin thread.
I'm sure it's not because I quickly disagreed with someone suggesting I was operating in the same manner as someone who would ask, "When did you stop beating your wife" or another who suggested I was creating a straw man.

I have a healthy skepticism when it comes to the NFL and it's decision making. This comes from being a fan for decades and paying attention to the league. From concussions to collusion, this NFL has not earned the benefit of the doubt when it comes to big decisions like the one to stop the game between the Bengals and Bills.

Is this story the final word? No, I'm not saying that. But anyone buying what Vincent is saying without questioning it is carrying water for the NFL and I have no idea why they would.

View: https://twitter.com/DVNJr/status/1612639750984187904?s=20&t=2tcpNyGMFXHq94OoSNhPng

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
I guess I just don’t care.

I enjoy football. I enjoy the athletic display on the field, the competition and the excitement of uncertain outcomes. I enjoy the history and nostalgia of a game I played as a kid and have followed for decades.

My interest in “how the sausage is made,” on the other hand, is limited.

I know that there are dark shadows in the closet, and I get that some people want to shine a light on what’s in there. That’s fine for them.

Me… I just want to be entertained. Tell me about how the Bills gave their fans an unforgettable moment by returning the opening kickoff for a TD in their first game back. I’m all in on that.

A real-time recap of the decisions made by the league and officials immediately following Hamlin’s injury, with a slant of “the league is not telling the truth”… meh. That does nothing for me.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

I enjoy football. I enjoy the athletic display on the field, the competition and the excitement of uncertain outcomes. I enjoy the history and nostalgia of a game I played as a kid and have followed for decades.

I know that there are dark shadows in the closet, and I get that some people want to shine a light on what’s in there. That’s fine for them.

Me… I just want to be entertained. Tell me about how the Bills gave their fans an unforgettable moment by returning the opening kickoff for a TD in their first game back. I’m all in on that.

A real-time recap of the decisions made by the league and officials immediately following Hamlin’s injury, with a slant of “the league is not telling the truth”… meh. That does nothing for me.
It doesn't have to do anything for you and you don't have to care, either way.

That's what's great about a good message board/forum... the free exchange of ideas, perspectives and information.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
It doesn't have to do anything for you and you don't have to care, either way.

That's what's great about a good message board/forum... the free exchange of ideas, perspectives and information.
Hence my presentation of my ideas and perspectives on the subject.

Again, I’m not telling you or anyone else that you should not care about the details.

There is, though, an inherent message in articles like this that asks the reader to be shocked or appalled on some level. I am responding to that by stating, “not my concern.”

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hence my presentation of my ideas and perspectives on the subject.

Again, I’m not telling you or anyone else that you should not care about the details.

There is, though, an inherent message in articles like this that asks the reader to be shocked or appalled on some level. I am responding to that by stating, “not my concern.”
Well, much like so much of so many of us post...

That's your opinion.

Just like it's my opinion that when people go to lengths to explain that they don't care about something but then proceed to dissect it and shed a negative light on it, they really do care about it.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
Well, much like so much of so many of us post...

That's your opinion.

Just like it's my opinion that when people go to lengths to explain that they don't care about something but then proceed to dissect it and shed a negative light on it, they really do care about it.
What I care about is the enjoyment of the game. So, while I don’t care whether canceling the Bengals/Bills game was the first or second thought of the league, I did feel inclined to state my opinion that too much focus is being placed on such details.

And, with that, I’ll leave this thread to those who do wish to discuss the details.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

What do or don’t you care about ?

I like all the above you described & I’m sure a lot of us feel some what the same?

I view things through my own eyes though & if you’re talking about last Mondays game. To me it was more like this National Championship game.
The Bills were going to lose anyway & the coach did the right thing.I’d say when it comes to Life or Death he had to make the right call for the betterment of the Bills.
If Bills players go on the field,the odds are another player or 2 were going to get hurt especially the odds increase if your minds aren’t right.
—The media over played it & we can talk all about The Rights & Wrongs. I’ll just say in a perfect world he (Hamlin)was living in. If God Bleesed him! Thanks to God!
As Mcvay just said about Yeast that God is good & Mcvay is blessed.
The Rams players have a lot of True Believers & their spirit fuels them & the team.An example of Bill players are Von Miller & Roger Saffold. I feel blessed as a Rams Fan that they were Ram players that made a difference with Sean Mcvay’s Super Bowl Runs.