Biggest Misconceptions About St. Louis & the Rams- Part 1

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Re: Biggest Misconceptions About St. Louis & the Rams- Part

I must say, this was very well done. And it was good of you to mention the Blues; we have a reputation for being one of the most rabid fanbases in the United States.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich

STL-Rams said:
Tough assignment for me.. Hope I did it justice...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1243 ... ams-part-1

Excellent article, covers that misconception well .
I would add that to the vast majority of the press St.Louis is located in "fly over country". There is more media in LA that wants the Rams back than there is media in the entire state of MO plus the Metro East, so the drumbeat is loud,but just AS untrue as it is loud.
Nice touch mentioning KMOX ,if you listen to that station at night people from Miss., Ala., La., Ark. ,Kentucky.,Tenn. call in all the time to talk Cardinal baseball and come to the LOU for weekend series helping the teams attendance.
If you took the demographics OF the actual attendees of both teams games you could probably make the case that EVEN in the worst Rams years the city of St.Louis proper supports the Rams MORE than they do the Cardinals even after that remarcable season ending run they had last year.
The Cubs games ALWAYS sell out and many time HALF the stadium is Cubs fans.
Little appeal to authority here, I've been a lifelong Cardinal fan ,wasraised in a town 100 miles south of St.Lou,the town had NO black people.The first black mans hand I ever shook was Curt Flood,the second was Bill White and the third was Bob Gibson,I loved the Cardnals,yet I've been to more Rams games than Cardinal games and ten times as many Gridbirds games as either.

So yeah it's a terrible misconception and one Stan Kroenke, I am certain, was aware of when he bought a share of the Rams with the proviso that they be moved to St.L. Heck I'll even go so far as to say, Kroenke wants to disprove THAT same misconception IMO.
It's the Lou's team to lose, they ( the powers that be ) can run Kroenke off like they did Bidwell but Stan Kroenke is twice the team owner Bill Bidwell is. The city of St Louis has things going their way football wise,they really can only freeak it up at this point.
Nice article ,I'll be looking forward to the next.

STL-Rams

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Memento said:
I must say, this was very well done. And it was good of you to mention the Blues; we have a reputation for being one of the most rabid fanbases in the United States.

Thank you very much for the kind words. Much appreciated.

STL-Rams

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thordaddy said:
STL-Rams said:
Tough assignment for me.. Hope I did it justice...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1243 ... ams-part-1

Excellent article, covers that misconception well .
I would add that to the vast majority of the press St.Louis is located in "fly over country". There is more media in LA that wants the Rams back than there is media in the entire state of MO plus the Metro East, so the drumbeat is loud,but just AS untrue as it is loud.
Nice touch mentioning KMOX ,if you listen to that station at night people from Miss., Ala., La., Ark. ,Kentucky.,Tenn. call in all the time to talk Cardinal baseball and come to the LOU for weekend series helping the teams attendance.
If you took the demographics OF the actual attendees of both teams games you could probably make the case that EVEN in the worst Rams years the city of St.Louis proper supports the Rams MORE than they do the Cardinals even after that remarcable season ending run they had last year.
The Cubs games ALWAYS sell out and many time HALF the stadium is Cubs fans.
Little appeal to authority here, I've been a lifelong Cardinal fan ,wasraised in a town 100 miles south of St.Lou,the town had NO black people.The first black mans hand I ever shook was Curt Flood,the second was Bill White and the third was Bob Gibson,I loved the Cardnals,yet I've been to more Rams games than Cardinal games and ten times as many Gridbirds games as either.

So yeah it's a terrible misconception and one Stan Kroenke, I am certain, was aware of when he bought a share of the Rams with the proviso that they be moved to St.L. Heck I'll even go so far as to say, Kroenke wants to disprove THAT same misconception IMO.
It's the Lou's team to lose, they ( the powers that be ) can run Kroenke off like they did Bidwell but Stan Kroenke is twice the team owner Bill Bidwell is. The city of St Louis has things going their way football wise,they really can only freeak it up at this point.
Nice article ,I'll be looking forward to the next.

Thanks for the kind compliment as well as all the great background information.

I once got Gibson's autograph outside of the old Busch. Very cool thing for a kid.

FYI I post articles in here often and just posted today's Rams News and Notes at Noon. Thanks again.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member

First "their" needs to be "there."

Not trying to be a grammar Nazi, but it's so early in the article it might put some that are off.

Go STL go Rams. :mrgreen: