Big win for Mad Mike & the Fleet

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

fearsomefour

Legend
Mad Mike and the Fleet.

Playing the East Barstow Holiday Inn Lounge every other Saturday night, 9PM till closing.

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
Martz is coaching?? Damn... guess he has a fresh set of bridges to burn....

Last edited:

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sounds like a sleazy bar band name eh? Great game though, and note that the NFL has started to list highlights of the AAF on their site. THAT's when you know you've made it as a fledgling league, when it's clear the NFL is into what you're providing.

Here's the highlights:
View: http://www.nfl.com/videos/alliance-of-american-football/0ap3000001021713/Salt-Lake-Stallions-vs-San-Diego-Fleet-highlights-AAF-Week-5

The NFL Network has shown AAF highlights from day 1.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
That CB Kameron Kelly looked FANTASTIC! Loose hips and great break on the ball. He’s gonna be in the NFL somewhere soon.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Great game really felt bad for Salt Lake City as they had one heck of a drive for the TD and the two point conversion....Been really impressed with the kickers & punters in this league, they have been very good.

Donny Hageman has only missed on FG all year and the Fleet added him late to the roster. Both QB's battled as MIke Bercovici made a great throw to get the fleet in FG position taking nothing away from Salt Lake Stallion QB Josh Woodrum, who although threw 3 Interceptions, put his team in position to win the game.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Did Mike lose weight?

Everyone likes to make fun of the fat guy.
fatty-arbuckle-515108790-5af2fd6143a1030036b2d140.jpg

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
The AAF is describing itself as the NFL developmental league. That's their niche.

Orlando is undefeated btw... but I simply cannot root for Spurrier and our gator colors.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
The AAF is describing itself as the NFL developmental league. That's their niche.

The NFL missed out on an opportunity to create their own "minor league" and profit from it.

If it was NFL branded it would be successful right out of the gate and would last forever.

I'm not saying this won't work, but the NFL cold have sold franchises and flipped TV contracts into place as well as ad revenues. They have ALL the partnerships in place, they have ALL the contacts. People would have lined up to lay down big dollars for the franchises.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Orlando is undefeated btw... but I simply cannot root for Spurrier and our gator colors.

Garrett Gilbert playing well and I don't mind rooting for the old ball coach in this particular league. Actually found myself rooting hard for the Atlanta Legends last week as they are quite a story. Their Head Coach resigns before the season (Brad Childress), plus Michael Vick too as OC, when he realized he had to work.

Their DC takes over in Kevin Coyle who has never been a Head Coach and then after a couple of games, their new OC Rich Bartel resigns after starting 0-3. Coyle begs the unemployed Ken Zampese to come in and try something and Zampese, who was a colossal failure as an OC, when he finally got his chance and was not rehired by the Cleveland Browns takes over as their third OC and QB Coach and on their fist series last week, they drive the ball down to the 10 yard line and then their QB Matt Simms is sacked, fumbles and injures his hand and cannot return.

Enter hometown hero Aaron Murray, who rallies the Legends to victory over the Hotshots of Arizona...Great Theater.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
One thing i've noticed that's different from the NFL is that the players on the field are in control of the momentum swings instead of the parity police.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Mad Mike and the Fleet.

Playing the East Barstow Holiday Inn Lounge every other Saturday night, 9PM till closing.

I would be there. In a wife beater with a can of bud in my hand. :eek:

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The NFL missed out on an opportunity to create their own "minor league" and profit from it.

If it was NFL branded it would be successful right out of the gate and would last forever.

I'm not saying this won't work, but the NFL cold have sold franchises and flipped TV contracts into place as well as ad revenues. They have ALL the partnerships in place, they have ALL the contacts. People would have lined up to lay down big dollars for the franchises.
The NFL can’t sponsor a minor league. It’s not plausible. All other sports have their minor leagues playing at the same time as they are. Couldn’t possibly work that with NFL
And once you run a league at another time there is all sorts of issues with players union etc.
Only way it could ever work is as an “affiliate league” which the AAF is attempting to pull off.

Ram65

Legend
Long highlights. I could tell the teams look much better than week one. A decent product. Wish they put a game on regular TV on Saturday nights like the first week. I'll count on you guys to keep me updated.

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler
Has he said that the QB is the best he has ever coached yet?

:sneaky:
Hah! I well remember Martzy saying that about some clown named J.T. O'Sullivan when he was OC of the Whiners. I still can't believe he said something as ignorant as that after coaching a future Hall of Famer like Kurt Warner.
Oh well Mikey was frequently as careless with his words as he was in his "shoot, we'll fix that" coaching style.

~ArkyRamsFan~