Big WHIT -- WPMOY

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

IE Rams

Pro Bowler
Man, I had stuff going on last night and wake up to this.

It’s about time for this. We all knew Big Whit has deserved this for a longtime coming.

Congrats, sir! Ram legend. :clinkingbeer:

Tano

Legend
Barack Obama Applause GIF by Obama

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That right there is a good man with a good wife and support system. Very glad he's a Ram.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped

i hate it when people say it's a kids game.

a kids game is what only kids play.

this is a professional sport and business. one of many around the world where trillions of dollars is spent to watch them play. do you think people will pay money to watch a kids game?

So, you don't get it.

Got it.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
What a man, what a leader.
Whit is a very impressive human being on many levels. What an incredible signing to bring in to change your team's culture.... you need that guy.
Damn!

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker

i hate it when people say it's a kids game.

a kids game is what only kids play.

this is a professional sport and business. one of many around the world where trillions of dollars is spent to watch them play. do you think people will pay money to watch a kids game?

I think you are misconstruing the point being made through that cliche. Whit was acknowledging what a privilege it is to become a rich man playing a game that most of us played as kids just for the fun of it. It’s a showing of respect and humility towards a fan base that supports the league with money earned doing things that nobody would do just for fun. I found that comment refreshing and admirable.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I literally cried at his speech. That's exactly what I'm hoping to do with my original stories: give back to the communities. Make a positive difference in this world.

I couldn't be more proud to have Whit as our left tackle, on our team, in our communities. He earned this award in quintuplicate.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
I think you are misconstruing the point being made through that cliche. Whit was acknowledging what a privilege it is to become a rich man playing a game that most of us played as kids just for the fun of it. It’s a showing of respect and humility towards a fan base that supports the league with money earned doing things that nobody would do just for fun. I found that comment refreshing and admirable.
It's a kid's game when played by kids, for fun, and to a great extent all games begin with kids. But imo pro football is or has become a quasi war game, with forces deployed in complex formations and maneuvers, logistics issues of all kinds, and real casualties... to knees, ankles, brains etc.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
there's no context in which it can be called a kids game.

there's nothing to "get".

Got it so Whit and the countless players that call it a kids game don't get it but you do. Excellent

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Note that he said he's gonna work and live in LA. Think that's what he meant. Staff hire incoming??? :hug:

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
good on them.

doesn't make it true.

Good on you, I'll let you tell big Whit he's an idiot. Meanwhile you're doing a good job of convincing people that the athletes are wrong in this.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Good on you, I'll let you tell big Whit he's an idiot. Meanwhile you're doing a good job of convincing people that the athletes are wrong in this.

never called him an idiot and not trying to convince anyone of anything.

just said i hated it when people called it a kids game. then i was told i don't get it, like there's something to get.

that's when you joined in.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
The term kids game is not to be taken literally. Obviously men are playing it and being paid and risking life and Limb,
but most American boys grew up playing it in their front yards or the street or playground. Played it for fun. To be able to grow up and play a game for a living. A Kids Game is something us as kids dreamed of and it is a Kids game turned into a big business.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
never called him an idiot and not trying to convince anyone of anything.

just said i hated it when people called it a kids game. then i was told i don't get it, like there's something to get.

that's when you joined in.

It’s a kids game.. that they get to keep playing and get paid for…. Hence their gratitude.

The disconnect here is with you, not everyone else.

We KNOW it’s a business.. etc… and, yet… it’s a kids game.