Big whit on the herd

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
What a great interview. I liked the questions, nothing stupid. They were things that I wanted to hear about. Whit gave good answers, no cliché answers. very interesting. Hope he is with the team next year

tklongball

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Really is a fantastic interview. Thanks for posting.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
Best interview of this Rams special season. :yess:

We Love You "Big Whit"
image.jpeg

$_1.JPG

Flint

Pro Bowler
Big Whit gives a good interview. Anyone else notice for the last few weeks Cowherd has been proclaiming the Chargers as the best team in LA. He’s usually not even talking about the Rams when he says this which seems kinda weird.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Love the fish/fish tank story. That one hits home with me big time.

Soooooooooooooooooooo Cool

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Rams right on the money with Andrew Whitworth for NFL Man of the Year nominee

Los Angeles Rams star offensive tackle Andrew Whitworth is up for 2018 Walter Payton NFL Man of the Year.
https://ramblinfan.com/2018/12/05/los-angeles-rams-it-wont-be-easy-for-teams-looking-for-next-mcvay/

Prior to last season, the Los Angeles Rams were able to convince Andrew Whitworth to come on board with the intention of providing a much-needed boost to the offensive line, which was exactly the case.

When looking at all of the struggles the year before during the limited action Jared Goff saw as a rookie, the Rams knew improving their offensive line to provide their young quarterback with better protection was a top priority heading into Sean McVay‘s first season as head coach.

Some questioned the decision by Whitworth to join a team like the Rams coming off a four-win season after spending the first 11 years of his career as a member of the Cincinnati Bengals.

But when seeing how the Bengals are on the verge of missing out on the playoffs for a third year in a row while the Rams continue to battle for the top seed in the NFC, Whitworth clearly knew what he was doing.

Whether it was his veteran experience or just the leadership skills he would bring to the table, it was easy to understand why Los Angeles was so high on Whitworth during the 2017 offseason. And when seeing the impact he’s made both on and off the field over the last two years, it’s also easy to see why he quickly became a favorite for Rams fans.

This week, 32 nominees were announced for the Walter Payton Man of the Year award, which honors players for their amazing dedication to community service away from the football field.

When looking at all of the work and service he’s accomplished this year once again, the announcement of Whitworth as the team’s nominee shouldn’t come as a surprise at all to Rams fans, as this seems like an easy decision.

While there were numerous reasons to choose Whitworth when looking at some of the work he’s done this year, the one thing that most recently stood out the most was the offensive lineman’s decision to donate his game check to the victims of the Thousand Oaks shooting.

Heart broken this morning! I’m just sorry to those affected. I don’t have words that I feel can help. But I promise to find a way to help support our community through this tragedy!
!

— Andrew Whitworth (@awhitworth77) November 8, 2018

Football players always receive heavy praise for their accomplishments on the field, but it’s kind gestures like this from Whitworth or anyone else that make fans love them even more. Even if Whitworth doesn’t go on to win the award since there are a handful of candidates that have done plenty of amazing things as well, it’s the impact made in the community that matters the most since this is what every player truly cares about.

Flint

Pro Bowler
Whit has been an invaluable addition but I wonder what the plan is for the future, I think he has one more year then what? He’s very good but not what he once was and susceptible to the outside speed rush. And then there’s Noteboom, I think it’s great that he’s been able to learn from Whit and get stronger but at some point you have to play. And both guards are solid so you don’t want to move him there, so do you just wait til Whit retires ? I guess it’s a good problem to have but at some point you have to find out if Noteboom can play.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Whit has been an invaluable addition but I wonder what the plan is for the future, I think he has one more year then what? He’s very good but not what he once was and susceptible to the outside speed rush. And then there’s Noteboom, I think it’s great that he’s been able to learn from Whit and get stronger but at some point you have to play. And both guards are solid so you don’t want to move him there, so do you just wait til Whit retires ? I guess it’s a good problem to have but at some point you have to find out if Noteboom can play.
Its a very large consequential pending question for this 2019 Ram team. Its no secret that When LT Andrew Witworth lined up on Goff's blind side....poof! Goff was a bona fide NFL starting QB.

Snead & McVay do have options available if AW does not retire after this season concludes. AW has a very big cap hit in 2019 $16 million for his services. McVay & OC Kromer may plan to cut down on the snaps that AW gets each game blending & mixing in OL'er Noteboom in the 2nd & 4th quarters of each game. Whatever by "planned design" to insure that the 37-38 yro old 2019 version remains healthy & fresh & NOT worn down & tired late into the season. Plus continue to rest AW during the week in the same manner as they have done this season.

We might even see a trial balloon in the next 4 games where Noteboom is eased in to relieve AW @ LT post.

Rams stand a good chance to draft another LT maybe a future clone of AW in this draft too, to add to the OL talent to ensure that Goff remains unmolested. The rest of the NFL are now fully aware of Goff's Achilles's. Never know AW may find LA & the Rams Organization is a good place to work for in his future new occupation as an OL Coach as Kromer moves further into the OC role.