Big play potential - I like it

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Last night... Another big play to Givens. Nice!

But what I particularly like is the big play potential we have with Foles' stronger arm.
  1. This will force the defense to defend a bigger field
  2. Explosive plays like that can swing momentum and/or act as a dagger to finish off an opponent
The ability to do this has been a huge void the last two seasons. With Foles, we have it back.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

yes, it's great to have a qb who can get the ball downfield in a hurry again. 25 games of meh are over.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
I just hope that Foles doesn't get Bulgerized by out leaky line!

FRO

Legend
Keenan's bomb to Givens the week before shows that even the backup QB has an arm. So does Mannion. Foles really calmed some of my fears on the guy. To me he is similar to Carson Palmer. He may throw an interception or two that have you throwing the remote through the TV, but on the whole is a pretty good QB. Foles issues aren't due to his arm talent. Very good arm and good accuracy. I'm excited to watch him go through the year and solidify himself as the long term answer.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Love the big play potential, but play action isn't going to be as successful if this team doesn't get it's running game going.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Love the big play potential, but play action isn't going to be as successful if this team doesn't get it's running game going.

This in a nutshell the offensive line will it ever be any good under this regime?

lockdnram21

Legend

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
It's an old and worn saying, but "as goes the OL, so goes the offense." Until this OL actually jells and can keep 5 on the field together, this team will struggle offensively and that's a fact. Depending upon the big play is a fools folly, IMO. It's exciting to watch and makes good copy, but consistency and sound execution is the path to success.

Speedr@m

Rookie
Last night... Another big play to Givens. Nice!

But what I particularly like is the big play potential we have with Foles' stronger arm.
  1. This will force the defense to defend a bigger field
  2. Explosive plays like that can swing momentum and/or act as a dagger to finish off an opponent
The ability to do this has been a huge void the last two seasons. With Foles, we have it back.

IMO they have big play potential out of several WRs. Obviously Givens and Tavon but also Britt who can get deep. Quick has that potential too but I see more in the others. Cook has the skill set but I'm not sure he can be relied on.

Once Gurley is ready the Rams should have some serious playmakers at their disposal

It might take minute to see some of this stuff but if we can just have a little good fortune with injuries we could be on to something

RamzFanz

Damnit
IMO they have big play potential out of several WRs. Obviously Givens and Tavon but also Britt who can get deep. Quick has that potential too but I see more in the others. Cook has the skill set but I'm not sure he can be relied on.

Once Gurley is ready the Rams should have some serious playmakers at their disposal

It might take minute to see some of this stuff but if we can just have a little good fortune with injuries we could be on to something

Cookie in the seam has been their bread and butter all TC. He's been Foles' favorite target. I expect a big season from him because they are keeping those plays under wraps.

I'm calling a TD in the seam to Cookie game one.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I'm seeing flashes...and damn Tre Mason looks good to me....I think the line is still trying to find its rhythm....it'll come...Rhaney isn't the answer at RG....It'll allow all the WR's to become big play threats....Britt, Quick, Tavon, Bailey, Cook, as well as Givens (proud of that guy...stick with it #19)

PFaulk

Rookie
Name
Dan

Absolutely agreed.

But I do suspect Gurley will help that cause quite a bit.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
yea look what happens when you can actually hit a receiver in stride. I lost count last year of how many deep throws the recievers would have to stop or change direction to catch then get tackled. let's see the talking heads try and shit talk our recievers this year with a QB with an actual arm