Big 10 championship

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

FRO

Legend
Anybody else watching? I've enjoyed the game.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
@FRO Watching a bit, switching between games.
Be nice to see a team like Iowa in the playoffs, very solid working class team

Memphis Ram

Legend
Great game. Wanted Iowa to win though.

Connor Cook reinforced why I hope the Rams wouldn't even consider him in the first couple rounds, if at all.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I was rooting for Michigan State. Dantoni is a very good coach and deserves to get a shot in the playoffs.

Plus Iowa band sings the chant "We aren't Penn State". 4 years removed from the scandal and they cant let it go. Bunch of assholes IMO. New staff, new players, new cheerleaders. Why do it? And I have always respected Ferentz but why isn't he telling them to drop it.? So, I can't root for them.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Besides that, they have a heck of a Defense and are doing it with mostly three star recruits. King is a stud corner. Very impressive.

Iowa is very similar to Michigan State.

I agree about Cook. He has never impressed me. I don't understand how he is considered a first round talent. I dont want the Rams to draft him.
In this particular game he had very few opportunities to throw to open targets. Iowa blanketed their WRs. I thought MSU had better WRs. But I thought it was a great opportunity for Cook to takeover and display his first round talent. I didn't see it. He is not accurate enough.

FRO

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah Cook wasn't impressive at all. He was very inaccurate. He looked the same tonight as the other times I've seen him. He wil make a really nice throw or two, then he'll be wildly inaccurate on a bunch more. I wouldn't touch him in the first two rounds.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Glad Michigan State won just thought they have a better chance of beating Alabama and as a Big Ten guy that's the goal every year. As to Connor Cook and I'm not an excuse type of guy, but his shoulder is still hurting and Iowa has one of the best defenses as well.

IMO, Cook's a winner and he's extremely smart as well. Now before I make my decision I need to see more from Goff, Lynch & Cook, but Cook has all the intangibles you look for in a field general, but so did Foles and look where that has gotten us.

Another reason I rooted for Sparty is Mark Justin Dantonio former defensive coordinator for The Ohio State University and in the end for me, that's what really matters.:whistle:

Memphis Ram

Legend
Glad Michigan State won just thought they have a better chance of beating Alabama and as a Big Ten guy that's the goal every year. As to Connor Cook and I'm not an excuse type of guy, but his shoulder is still hurting and Iowa has one of the best defenses as well.

IMO, Cook's a winner and he's extremely smart as well. Now before I make my decision I need to see more from Goff, Lynch & Cook, but Cook has all the intangibles you look for in a field general, but so did Foles and look where that has gotten us.

Another reason I rooted for Sparty is Mark Justin Dantonio former defensive coordinator for The Ohio State University and in the end for me, that's what really matters.:whistle:

Did Cook hurt his shoulder as a freshman or something? What I saw was what I've seen from Cook all the time. And you have to question why he wasn't even a captain of his team from what I understand.

And this doesn't help.

View: https://twitter.com/Deadspin/status/673369409247944704/photo/1

And this after being named MVP after completing only 50% of his passes and throwing a pick. What did he get it for? Picture perfect handoffs to the real MVP?

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Did Cook hurt his shoulder as a freshman or something? What I saw was what I've seen from Cook all the time. And you have to question why he wasn't even a captain of his team from what I understand.

And this after being named MVP after completing only 50% of his passes and throwing a pick. What did he get it for? Picture perfect handoffs to the real MVP?

Not his fault, he was named to MVP, how is that on him? As to not being named captain? You and I both know that is a team thing. The coaching staff might name captains that are not integral parts of the team for moral purposes.

Cook is very smart and by all accounts a good leader and no his shoulder has not hurt since his freshman year. Again, there might be better options, but he's very smart, has a big time arm and has size and athletic ability to move the chains, there are far worse options, but I'm sure you will reply that there are far better options too.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Not his fault, he was named to MVP, how is that on him? As to not being named captain? You and I both know that is a team thing. The coaching staff might name captains that are not integral parts of the team for moral purposes.

Cook is very smart and by all accounts a good leader and no his shoulder has not hurt since his freshman year. Again, there might be better options, but he's very smart, has a big time arm and has size and athletic ability to move the chains, there are far worse options, but I'm sure you will reply that there are far better options too.

Didn't blame him for being MVP. But, I didn't like that classless move accepting the trophy. And you are correct, there are better options. And I question the all accounts, too.

FRO

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

And this doesn't help.

View: https://twitter.com/Deadspin/status/673369409247944704/photo/1

Yeah that was the same Cook that has played since he was a freshman. He will make a throw or two that makes you think he could put it all together and be really good. He is just too inaccurate to draft in the first two rounds.

Stel

Starter
I know I'm a broken record, but sub 60% college passers rarely turn into quality starting NFL QBs. Cook has never had a season where he completed 60% of his passes and is a career 57.8% passer (and his completion percentage has gone down each year). In fact, he has completed at least 60% of his attempts in only 19 of 41 career games. Not a first round pick, IMO.

Athos

Legend
Was watching the Giants game for a bit as Manning passed a HOF for yards.

Saw his career % was 59.3. I'll take Manning like production all day. Won two SB for his teams with big time plays.

IF Cook can be Eli....

Maybe I'll change my mind. Especially if we draft Cook and start to actually go with a more vertical passing game, rather than this retarded shit Cigs runs.

Stel

Starter
Was watching the Giants game for a bit as Manning passed a HOF for yards.

Saw his career % was 59.3. I'll take Manning like production all day. Won two SB for his teams with big time plays.

IF Cook can be Eli....

Maybe I'll change my mind. Especially if we draft Cook and start to actually go with a more vertical passing game, rather than this retarded crap Cigs runs.

Manning was a career 60.8% college passer, 62.4% his last year.

Athos

Legend
Manning was a career 60.8% college passer, 62.4% his last year.

Yes. And he's 59.3% for his NFL career. Point being. I'd take that production from Cook with Eli-like play.

Stel

Starter
Yes. And he's 59.3% for his NFL career. Point being. I'd take that production from Cook with Eli-like play.

Okay. Problem is, Cook has yet to complete 59.3% of his passes in college. Very few QBs get more accurate in the NFL than they were in college.

He may become a 65% passer with a career 100 QB rating and win the Super Bowl 10 times. Odds are against it, however.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah Cook wasn't impressive at all. He was very inaccurate. He looked the same tonight as the other times I've seen him. He wil make a really nice throw or two, then he'll be wildly inaccurate on a bunch more. I wouldn't touch him in the first two rounds.
I've probably seen 10+ games of Cook, and they all look the same.
I cant fathom the kid being a 1st rounder. Never seen him look accurate, always plays behind a solid Oline with a solid running attack. Thinking that the NFL is where his accuracy is going to improve is thinking Kyle Boller is an NFL QB

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
WOW ,that was a tough loss , that last 7 minutes was killer ,but good luck to Michigan State the rest of the way

The Rose Bowl is a pretty good consolation prize

GO HAWKEYES !!!!

rose-bowl-hn.jpg