Best Type of Running Back?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Which Type RB Do You Prefer?

• Total voters

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Remember when we could do this with Todd Gurley? It was a smart play by him...

View: https://twitter.com/fabian_football/status/1624512808863043584?s=20&t=qfJaucPhVVRo0vVQscJz-Q

The Gazelle: I group Gurley, OJ Simpson and Dickerson in this category. They were different in a lot of ways, but they were big and could turn on the jets to leave defenders behind. Bell Cows.

The Bruiser: The great Earl Campbell, SJAX, and Jerome Bettis would relish making contact, which in Earl's case, shortened his career. They all liked to hit others scaring defenses and knocking those like "The Assassin" Jack Tatum out on the goal line...or almost anyway. Bell Cows.

The Weapon: Marshall Faulk, Ladanian Tomlinson and Barry Saunders. Marshall was unbelievable. He ran routes as well as any receiver in the NFL AND could make defenders look silly trying to tackle him. Tomlinson was very similar. Now Barry Saunders could make you miss him like Faulk and Tomlinson, but he also seemed indestructible. Saunders quit on his own terms, at the very top of his game. People thought he would unretire and be back, but he never did. Still Bell Cows.

Late Rounder: Todays RB, drafted outside the 1st round. Guys like Cam Akers who aren't bad RB's, but will never be able to put a team on their shoulders like three other groups could. They are cheaper and disposable after one contract and often work with a couple other decent backs in rotation.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
A healthy one on a rookie contract that can get a 1st down when called on.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Remember when we could do this with Todd Gurley? It was a smart play by him...

View: https://twitter.com/fabian_football/status/1624512808863043584?s=20&t=qfJaucPhVVRo0vVQscJz-Q

The Gazelle: I group Gurley, OJ Simpson and Dickerson in this category. They were different in a lot of ways, but they were big and could turn on the jets to leave defenders behind. Bell Cows.

The Bruiser: The great Earl Campbell, SJAX, and Jerome Bettis would relish making contact, which in Earl's case, shortened his career. They all liked to hit others scaring defenses and knocking those like "The Assassin" Jack Tatum out on the goal line...or almost anyway. Bell Cows.

The Weapon: Marshall Faulk, Ladanian Tomlinson and Barry Saunders. Marshall was unbelievable. He ran routes as well as any receiver in the NFL AND could make defenders look silly trying to tackle him. Tomlinson was very similar. Now Barry Saunders could make you miss him like Faulk and Tomlinson, but he also seemed indestructible. Saunders quit on his own terms, at the very top of his game. People thought he would unretire and be back, but he never did. Still Bell Cows.

Late Rounder: Todays RB, drafted outside the 1st round. Guys like Cam Akers who aren't bad RB's, but will never be able to put a team on their shoulders like three other groups could. They are cheaper and disposable after one contract and often work with a couple other decent backs in rotation.

All the gazelle's you mentioned were franchise backs, although SJAX was as well and he's listed as a bruiser. Faulk, Tomlinson and Saunders were franchise backs as well.

I voted for gazelle, but I'd take any one of those that is a true, every down franchise back that has to be accounted for by the D on every single play. The kind of guys who can take it to the house on any play, running or passing, and can get tough yards too.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
All the gazelle's you mentioned were franchise backs, although SJAX was as well and he's listed as a bruiser. Faulk, Tomlinson and Saunders were franchise backs as well.

I voted for gazelle, but I'd take any one of those that is a true, every down franchise back that has to be accounted for by the D on every single play. The kind of guys who can take it to the house on any play, running or passing, and can get tough yards too.
franchise back = bell cow