Best Super Bowl chances

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
It's gonna be freezing cold in January in Philly. I don't think I've EVER seen a Rams team play well in the cold in the playoffs. Never.
Did you not see the 1989 playoffs?

Rams went into Philly and won the Wild Card round 21-7. The next week, they headed up the Jersey turnpike to the Meadowlands and beat the Giants in OT (won on the infamous Flipper Anderson TD, where he ran into the tunnel after scoring).

So yeah -- it's been done.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Rams went into Philly and won the Wild Card round 21-7. The next week, they headed up the Jersey turnpike to the Meadowlands and beat the Giants in OT (won on the infamous Flipper Anderson TD, where he ran into the tunnel after scoring).

Plus we have 5 players off the top of my head who have played in cold weather. Watkins, Woods, Robey-Coleman, Whitworth and of course Barwin.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title

I did....led by the infamous Jim (don't call me Chris) Everett.....Those were different Rams....wanna guess ED was there....monster Ram line...

I keep thinking about the db Henley...did he do something in those games?

Plus we have 5 players off the top of my head who have played in cold weather. Watkins, Woods, Robey-Coleman, Whitworth and of course Barwin.
The one key name...I'd really like to see...is missing....who could it be?????

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
I did....led by the infamous Jim (don't call me Chris) Everett.....Those were different Rams....wanna guess ED was there....monster Ram line...

ED was no longer a Ram at that time (traded to Indy in '87). Rams' workhorse RB that year was Greg Bell.

The one key name...I'd really like to see...is missing....who could it be?????

Hey, you know WHO ELSE hasn't played a cold weather playoff game?!? Carson Wentz; that's who.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
The Eagles are 1-1 against teams .500 or better. Wake me up when they beat somebody.

Ram65

Legend
My concern is about the quarterback position, as well as Goff is playing. It's clear he's going to be very good for a very long time. But as of right now, the difference between Goff and Carson Wentz is considerable. Wentz brings a different element to the field, an attitude that says I know I'm going to get the job done. He's so much surer of what he's doing. I'm not sure Goff has the same kind of conviction, and I have a hard time envisioning him as a Super Bowl quarterback in Year 2.

Wentz is very confident and focused at the moment.

Eagles have not been challenged much so let's see how he does in the coming weeks. Vegas has the Eagles as the favorite to win the Super Bowl. They have a very solid and deep team. If the bounces go right for the Rams I could see them getting to the Super Bowl with Goff this year.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...n=fb-nf-sf174757311-sf174757311&sf174757311=1

6) Los Angeles Rams

The Rams are rolling, with Todd Gurley and Jared Goff driving an offense that ranks fourth overall, second in scoring, sixth in passingand ninth in rushing. Los Angeles is strong in point differential (plus-123), turnover differential (plus-9) and sack differential (plus-12). Sean McVay is proving himself to be a gem of a coach -- offensively, I don't think he ever does the same thing twice in one game. My concern is about the quarterback position, as well as Goff is playing. It's clear he's going to be very good for a very long time. But as of right now, the difference between Goff and Carson Wentz is considerable. Wentz brings a different element to the field, an attitude that says I know I'm going to get the job done. He's so much surer of what he's doing. I'm not sure Goff has the same kind of conviction, and I have a hard time envisioning him as a Super Bowl quarterback in Year 2.
I liked the 1st half of this^, the 2nd half ...

your opinion.gif

giphy.gif

Blow it.png

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott

Plus in the era of FA not a big deal. Back in the 70's you had play ers that sdoent their entire careers with one team, at least the top players.

Look at the grand now. Both starting WRs played in Buffalo the last 4 years. Same with Rovey-Coleman. Thern players like Barwin, Sullivan, and Whitworth have played for cold weather teams... Webster played in Denver.

So not a big deal.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...n=fb-nf-sf174757311-sf174757311&sf174757311=1

6) Los Angeles Rams

The Rams are rolling, with Todd Gurley and Jared Goff driving an offense that ranks fourth overall, second in scoring, sixth in passingand ninth in rushing. Los Angeles is strong in point differential (plus-123), turnover differential (plus-9) and sack differential (plus-12). Sean McVay is proving himself to be a gem of a coach -- offensively, I don't think he ever does the same thing twice in one game. My concern is about the quarterback position, as well as Goff is playing. It's clear he's going to be very good for a very long time. But as of right now, the difference between Goff and Carson Wentz is considerable. Wentz brings a different element to the field, an attitude that says I know I'm going to get the job done. He's so much surer of what he's doing. I'm not sure Goff has the same kind of conviction, and I have a hard time envisioning him as a Super Bowl quarterback in Year 2.

Like Brady had that...

/sigh.

The crap people make up...