Best Super Bowl chances

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...n=fb-nf-sf174757311-sf174757311&sf174757311=1

6) Los Angeles Rams

The Rams are rolling, with Todd Gurley and Jared Goff driving an offense that ranks fourth overall, second in scoring, sixth in passingand ninth in rushing. Los Angeles is strong in point differential (plus-123), turnover differential (plus-9) and sack differential (plus-12). Sean McVay is proving himself to be a gem of a coach -- offensively, I don't think he ever does the same thing twice in one game. My concern is about the quarterback position, as well as Goff is playing. It's clear he's going to be very good for a very long time. But as of right now, the difference between Goff and Carson Wentz is considerable. Wentz brings a different element to the field, an attitude that says I know I'm going to get the job done. He's so much surer of what he's doing. I'm not sure Goff has the same kind of conviction, and I have a hard time envisioning him as a Super Bowl quarterback in Year 2.

socalrams90

Starter
Eagles are cowboys of last year. We might see them get exposed in the next 2 weeks.

Goff's style is built for a decade plus of playing time. Wentz puts his body in danger too much for my comfort level.

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
You still watching last year's film on Goff, Mr. Brandt?!?

I keep hearing other guys describing JG16 as unflappable. Last week, for instance: Goff directing traffic on the TD strike to Reynolds was very Joe Cool.

The Ramowl

Starter
Eagles are cowboys of last year. We might see them get exposed in the next 2 weeks.

Totally agree, and in the Eagles at Rams game, the biggest unknown is the Eagles. We have played against the Vikes and Saints, we have a frame of reference, they don't. I think the Seahawks Eagles game will be close, and if it is, it means we have a good chance. Imagine the power rankings guys faces if we beat the Eagles (nevermind, they would give the first spot to the Patriots ugh)

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Didn't someone say, at the line, Goff does more adjusting than anyone since Peyton Manning? Goff is special. Very special. Tough too. We can't let these Debbie Downers try and make us feel bad about not taking Wentz.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
Didn't someone say, at the line, Goff does more adjusting than anyone since Peyton Manning? Goff is special. Very special. Tough too. We can't let these Debbie Downers try and make us feel bad about not taking Wentz.
Yep part of the praise from Romo. Goff is making a lot of analysts look like dumbasses, nice big old pile of crow. :D :fighting:

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
My concern is about the quarterback position, as well as Goff is playing. It's clear he's going to be very good for a very long time. But as of right now, the difference between Goff and Carson Wentz is considerable. Wentz brings a different element to the field, an attitude that says I know I'm going to get the job done. He's so much surer of what he's doing. I'm not sure Goff has the same kind of conviction, and I have a hard time envisioning him as a Super Bowl quarterback in Year 2.

That is one GIANT assumption on Brandt's part. And I'd argue that the difference between Wentz and Goff is not that considerable when you look at the difference in the teams they have played, and the Rams have had a tougher schedule yet the production is very similar.

If he thinks that Goff doesn't feel like he can get the job done he hasn't seen much of his play because Goff is very, very confident.

This is bullshit/supposition.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
That is one GIANT assumption on Brandt's part. And I'd argue that the difference between Wentz and Goff is not that considerable when you look at the difference in the teams they have played, and the Rams have had a tougher schedule yet the production is very similar.

If he thinks that Goff doesn't feel like he can get the job done he hasn't seen much of his play because Goff is very, very confident.

This is bullcrap/supposition.
People look at Wentz having 10 more touchdowns. Which I think is somewhat a fair assessment. But only if you look at the entire body of work. If you can conclude that Wentz is playing better just by looking at stats? Yeah, you’re full of shit. And a bad analyst.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
People look at Wentz having 10 more touchdowns. Which I think is somewhat a fair assessment. But only if you look at the entire body of work. If you can conclude that Wentz is playing better just by looking at stats? Yeah, you’re full of crap. And a bad analyst.

Exactly right!

And the level of competition matters. The Eagles have blown out some bad teams..........

I'm not saying they aren't good, but Brandt's premise here is shit.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
My concern is about the quarterback position, as well as Goff is playing. It's clear he's going to be very good for a very long time. But as of right now, the difference between Goff and Carson Wentz is considerable. Wentz brings a different element to the field, an attitude that says I know I'm going to get the job done. He's so much surer of what he's doing. I'm not sure Goff has the same kind of conviction, and I have a hard time envisioning him as a Super Bowl quarterback in Year 2.

I'm glad I didn't say it.....Gil has tough skin fellas...he can take the heat.

It appears...when watching the games...highlights too for those that care...he's just doing so much more post snap....the look offs...firing into tight windows....the scrambling...it's like watching Elway at Stanford....mix of Randle Cunningham and Jawarski.....a red-headed Russel Wilson...just a bunch of plays....touch throws...bullets....

Main point...it's gonna be hard to catch them for the best record....and it's gonna be tough to beat them in their house in the winter.

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
Main point...it's gonna be hard to catch them for the best record....and it's gonna be tough to beat them in their house in the winter.

Based on what, exactly? They don't have a storied home-field advantage there -- it ain't like Seattle, Lambeau, or Mile High.

A few bad turnovers or even consecutive 3-and-outs for the O, and that crowd will turn on them...quickly.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Ehrmegherd.... Why does anyone let Brandt do anything anymore. He is half senile!!

tempests

Hall of Fame
Wentz brings a different element to the field, an attitude that says I know I'm going to get the job done. He's so much surer of what he's doing. I'm not sure Goff has the same kind of conviction, and I have a hard time envisioning him as a Super Bowl quarterback in Year 2.

Won't really know how young QBs respond under playoff pressure until they get there.

Peyton Manning was as composed and confident a field general as there ever was, but just about every January he turned into another QB, and not in a good way.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

I agree on beating them outdoors in winter..........that's why we have the saying defense travels. So does the run game.

:whistle:

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
honestly, bias aside, idk how the rams arent the favorites. when you got relatively equal teams give me the team that is nearly completely healthy all the time

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...n=fb-nf-sf174757311-sf174757311&sf174757311=1

6) Los Angeles Rams

The Rams are rolling, with Todd Gurley and Jared Goff driving an offense that ranks fourth overall, second in scoring, sixth in passingand ninth in rushing. Los Angeles is strong in point differential (plus-123), turnover differential (plus-9) and sack differential (plus-12). Sean McVay is proving himself to be a gem of a coach -- offensively, I don't think he ever does the same thing twice in one game. My concern is about the quarterback position, as well as Goff is playing. It's clear he's going to be very good for a very long time. But as of right now, the difference between Goff and Carson Wentz is considerable. Wentz brings a different element to the field, an attitude that says I know I'm going to get the job done. He's so much surer of what he's doing. I'm not sure Goff has the same kind of conviction, and I have a hard time envisioning him as a Super Bowl quarterback in Year 2.

Haha, oh man. How do they come up with this shit.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm glad I didn't say it.....Gil has tough skin fellas...he can take the heat.

It appears...when watching the games...highlights too for those that care...he's just doing so much more post snap....the look offs...firing into tight windows....the scrambling...it's like watching Elway at Stanford....mix of Randle Cunningham and Jawarski.....a red-headed Russel Wilson...just a bunch of plays....touch throws...bullets....

a1qkXBv.jpg

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy

Romo said no QB since Peyton Manning has a young QB had control at the LOS. Its also been said he has changed the play at the LOS like 70%... We got a great one folks!!!

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Based on what, exactly? They don't have a storied home-field advantage there -- it ain't like Seattle, Lambeau, or Mile High.
It's gonna be freezing cold in January in Philly. I don't think I've EVER seen a Rams team play well in the cold in the playoffs. Never.