Best Sport's Moment in Your Life (Poll)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rank the Best Sports Moments

• 1. Miracle on Ice

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • 2. Kirk Gibson's HR

Votes: 7 19.4%
  • 3. Mike Jones-The Tackle

Votes: 15 41.7%
  • 4. The Catch- Rev. Ike

Votes: 8 22.2%
  • 5. Jonathon Quick's shutouts for 1st LA King's Stanley Cup

Votes: 2 5.6%

• Total voters

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
CGI recommended that someone start a thread in regard to this. Let's vote on the best ones in your life a sports fan?
1. Miracle at Lake Placid: In the midst of the Cold War, the Soviet Union fielded a professional hockey team that crushed everyone in the Winter Olympics for decades. America had been doubting herself, wondering if its best days were behind her. Then this upstart USA hockey team starting beating teams that it had no business beating, faced the Soviets. The moment transcended sports and it's hard to explain to those of you that never experienced those times.

2. Kirk Gibson's HR in the 1988 World Series: Kirk was supposed to be too injured to play. In the 8th inning of Game One in the 1988 World Series, guys in the Dodger dugout could hear someone pounding a baseball. Tommy Lasorda came in and there was Gibby hitting baseballs on one leg. "I can hit for ya," Gibson said. Lasorda didn't give a chance to change his mind, and there went a hobbling, real life Roy Hobbs to the plate in the 9th inning with 2 outs. Eckersley threw the one pitch that Gibby could hit on one leg, which he acknowledged in later interviews, and Gibson hit it out of the park. My God....

3. Kurt Warner dropped back with Jevon Kearse, the Freak, coming at him. He launched the ball early and Ike Bruce adjusted for it, and caught the damn thing and "No one will catch him today!!!!"

4. The Tackle: Mike Jones saves Super Bowl 34 on the one yard line. Period.

5. Jonathon Quick's Shut Outs in the First King's Stanley Cup win: He had two as goalie for the Kings in 2012

Yes, I omitted the Lakers. Do your own poll for them (*flexes.)

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
C'mon Mack, quit talking about Covid and start voting! @Mackeyser

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Best sports moment of my life was The Tackle. Such a simple play, but Mike Jones sealed the game for us.

Binnington's Game Seven performance to win the Stanley Cup for the longest suffering franchise ever, along with Alex Pietrangelo - a captain that a lot of so-called Blues fans hated just because he took Backes' spot as the captain - lifting a game-winning goal when Marchand was skating to the bench.

Game Six of the 2011 World Series (yes, I can't pick; I was riveted to my seat. Twice we were down to our last strike. Twice we rallied. And then David Freese with the dagger to the Ranger's hopes, a home run to straight away center.) And we completely shut up Nyjer Morgan, thanks to Freese, and Chris Carpenter dueling with Roy Halladay and winning. Hands down the most exciting baseball playoffs ever.

Game Seven against the Mets was so exciting. I felt crushed after Rolen was robbed of a home run. Molina silenced the Mets fans with his first postseason home run. Then you had Waino, a highly-touted rookie, freezing Beltran with a curve in a moment that will live on forever. And in the World Series - a WS where a writer actually wrote "Tigers in three" - you had little David Eckstein coming up in the clutch multiple times, and Waino finishing what he started by striking out Brandon Inge with a slider. Oh, and let's not forget So Taguchi homering off of Billy Wagner, who was considered one of the most talented pitchers in his era, bullpen or starter.

I'm hoping we make new memories this season, and if we do, I believe they'll be just as good as the ones I listed here.

Edit: Oh, and the Mizzou/KU game in 2007. We won a game that we were predicted to lose. And we didn't just win: we dominated KU.

@LoyalRam Don't be salty because Mizzou was, is, and always will be the better team. :p

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Best sports moment of my life was The Tackle. Such a simple play, but Mike Jones sealed the game for us.

Binnington's Game Seven performance to win the Stanley Cup for the longest suffering franchise ever, along with Alex Pietrangelo - a captain that a lot of so-called Blues fans hated just because he took Backes' spot as the captain - lifting a game-winning goal when Marchand was skating to the bench.

Game Six of the 2011 World Series (yes, I can't pick; I was riveted to my seat. Twice we were down to our last strike. Twice we rallied. And then David Freese with the dagger to the Ranger's hopes, a home run to straight away center.) And we completely shut up Nyjer Morgan, thanks to Freese, and Chris Carpenter dueling with Roy Halladay and winning. Hands down the most exciting baseball playoffs ever.

Game Seven against the Mets was so exciting. I felt crushed after Rolen was robbed of a home run. Molina silenced the Mets fans with his first postseason home run. Then you had Waino, a highly-touted rookie, freezing Beltran with a curve in a moment that will live on forever. And in the World Series - a WS where a writer actually wrote "Tigers in three" - you had little David Eckstein coming up in the clutch multiple times, and Waino finishing what he started by striking out Brandon Inge with a slider. Oh, and let's not forget So Taguchi homering off of Billy Wagner, who was considered one of the most talented pitchers in his era, bullpen or starter.

I'm hoping we make new memories this season, and if we do, I believe they'll be just as good as the ones I listed here.

Edit: Oh, and the Mizzou/KU game in 2007. We won a game that we were predicted to lose. And we didn't just win: we dominated KU.

@LoyalRam Don't be salty because Mizzou was, is, and always will be the better team. :p
ha!

bluecoconuts

Legend
For me, the Kings win by default. Not that it's a bad thing, I love the Kings and I loved that moment, and remember it very fondly, but I was too young for Miracle on Ice (which would easily be #1 for me, I mean, how can it not?), and was an infant for the Dodgers WS win... Rams won their Super Bowl before I moved to the states.

So the Kings it is.. Not that it's a bad thing.

My top three though:

1- 2012 Stanley Cup win, 2014 was a more impressive run in my opinion in terms of what they overcame, but 2012 was awesome, the way we dominated Vancouver in the first round, just blowing by everyone as the 8th seed on the way to the first cup win.
2- 2014 Stanley Cup win.. coming back from being down 3-0 in round one, all the game 7's on the road, the brawl with Chicago, OT games in the finals, and a win in double OT. Just awesome.
3- Rams NFCCG win over the Saints

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
Angels win game 7 2002 World Series

I was in attendance

which btw @OldSchool (hehe) was thee last WS title in SoCal :cool:

Miracle on Ice / The Tackle next

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Angels win game 7 2002 World Series

I was in attendance

which btw @OldSchool (hehe) was thee last WS title in SoCal :explode:
The California Angels don't count....They could only win with a former Dodger as the team's Manager... ~OldSchool
@OldSchool

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
The California Angels don't count....They could only win with a former Dodger as the team's Manager... ~OldSchool
@OldSchool
Well, technically in 2002 they were the Anaheim Angels, a name I would have preferred they kept in lieu of that utterly embarrassing LA ANGELS OF ANAHEIM, phuc me :rolleyes:

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I should have included Bowling for Dollars Los Angeles, with Chick Hearn hosting. Winners got turkeys come holiday time....

CoachAllred

Hall of Fame
Not even remotely a hockey fan, but "miracle on the ice " was my vote, because it was
so much more than a hockey game. It has to be the most iconic moment in US sports history.
It has to be the most watched sport event is US history as well.

My favorite Ram moment is still the Ricky Proehl catch. My family and I were snowed in and I was scared
the entire time that the power would go out. Came off the couch and hit the ceiling when it happened

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not even remotely a hockey fan, but "miracle on the ice " was my vote, because it was
so much more than a hockey game. It has to be the most iconic moment in US sports history.
It has to be the most watched sport event is US history as well.

My favorite Ram moment is still the Ricky Proehl catch. My family and I were snowed in and I was scared
the entire time that the power would go out. Came off the couch and hit the ceiling when it happened
"Proehl in the corner, with a grab..." That was a great moment

Liberator

Pro Bowler
I am a bit too young to ever have appreciated the superbowl winning team or even 2001. But I do remember the last few years of the GSOT (feat. Bulger) so for me one of my biggest moments was beating the Sea Cocks in Seattle in the playoffs in 2004 lol.

Obviously beating the Cowboys and Saints are up there but a big one for me was the game against the Titans in 2017 to clinch the west. Wasn't sure I'd ever see the Rams back in the playoffs and to do it on Christmas eve with family coming over was a great time.

But for me the biggest moments of my life spots wise was probably Chelsea winning the champions league in 2012. Entire run from Napoli on made no sense logically but was such an amazing trip. Habs beating Boston in 2014 was pretty damn special but Kreider knocking out Price kind of ruined it. Would have beat the Kings I tell ya!

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

this one really pulled the nation together. and nobody here cares about yacht racing. who does?

it was the fact the americans named an event theirs, they'd held the cup for 132 years, never lost it to another nation because they always changed the rules to suit themselves. and these underdog aussies proved to be too good to deny.

it was like a public holiday here the day they won that cup. it finished in the morning here around 8 or 9 am.

the funny thing was they had designed a new keel that proved to be such an advantage. and after they won, the idiots, they showed it to the world for all to see. then everyone started using that keel but built much better boats than what australians could afford to build and the australians haven't sniffed another victory again.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

this one really pulled the nation together. and nobody here cares about yacht racing. who does?

it was the fact the americans named an event theirs, they'd held the cup for 132 years, never lost it to another nation because they always changed the rules to suit themselves. and these underdog aussies proved to be too good to deny.

it was like a public holiday here the day they won that cup. it finished in the morning here around 8 or 9 am.

the funny thing was they had designed a new keel that proved to be such an advantage. and after they won, the idiots, they showed it to the world for all to see. then everyone started using that keel but built much better boats than what australians could afford to build and the australians haven't sniffed another victory again.

We gave up sail boats for other ships...

View: https://i.imgur.com/1v398Ij.jpg

Texram

UDFA
Mike Jones' tackle. We had gone to a friend's house with our four month old daughter. She begins crying when the final drive started. We race home. She falls asleep on the way. I pick her up and take her inside. I watch the final two plays and begin screaming inside my head celebrating while slowly rocking her. We shared a beautiful moment together...even if she was asleep.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Mike Jones' tackle. We had gone to a friend's house with our four month old daughter. She begins crying when the final drive started. We race home. She falls asleep on the way. I pick her up and take her inside. I watch the final two plays and begin screaming inside my head celebrating while slowly rocking her. We shared a beautiful moment together...even if she was asleep.
I would have died....lol

CoachAllred

Hall of Fame
"Proehl in the corner, with a grab..." That was a great moment
Yes Sir buddy. We had been waiting years for a Ram moment like that one.
That Tampa Defense made me a hell of a lot more nervous than Titans.
I knew we could put up points on Titans, but that Tampa 2 was something else.