Best Ram of all time

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

MDRams55

UDFA
Name
Josh
For me its hands down Isaac Bruce I've always been a huge Bruce fan but it was untill i saw this <a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siZHH6GC24s" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siZHH6GC24s</a> that really made me respect him more in a time where most players only care about money he truly cared about his team and organization and still does today, and for him to say basically he felt disgusted wearing another teams jersey is just badass. But I would like to hear other peoples opinions on who they think is the best Ram of all time

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Well, first of all ... welcome to ROD!

Second of all ... Hell yeah it's Isaac Bruce.
That's my man right there.

One could make a case for any number of Rams though, so this should be an interesting thread.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
really tough questions... I'm thinking...

Kurt Warner
Eric Dickerson
Marshall Faulk
Merlin Olsen
Dick Vermeil

So ... so many people to consider. I think just compiling the list of candidates is a significant challenge.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
MDRams55 breaks his cherry:
For me its hands down Isaac Bruce I've always been a huge Bruce fan but it was untill i saw this <a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siZHH6GC24s" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siZHH6GC24s</a> that really made me respect him more in a time where most players only care about money he truly cared about his team and organization and still does today, and for him to say basically he felt disgusted wearing another teams jersey is just badass. But I would like to hear other peoples opinions on who they think is the best Ram of all time

Let me add my welcome! :nana:

Bruce was my favorite Ram when the Rams were crap before 1999. I'd have to stick with him even though I like Warner quite a bit because of all the excitement he brought to the Rams.

GO RAMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think it has to be Deacon Jones for me.

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
I put Faulk number one followed by about 10 other great players I really liked over the years.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
I'd reluctantly say it's Faulk. There's so many players that it could be, but he was the driving force/leader for one of the greatest offenses of all times and our only Superbowl.

sloramfan

Starter
even before the very sad news today, i would have for sure said deacon jones..

but a close second was kurt warner

go rams

slo

paceram

Pro Bowler
MDRams55 said:

WOW - That is a pretty tough question since there were so many great players (Deacon Jones, Merlin Olsen, Orlando Pace, Isaac Bruce, Torry Holt, Marshall Faulk, Jack Reynolds, Roman Gabriel, Elroy Hirsh, Tom Fears, Norm Van Brocklin, Henry Ellard, Bob Waterfield, Steven Jackson, Lawrence McCutcheon, Isiah Robertson, Nolan Cromwell, Larry Brooks, Rich Saul, Tom Mack, Eddie Meador, Jack Snow, Fred Dryer, Dennis Harrah, Eric Dickerson, London Fletcher, etc) who have played for the Rams!

A few of my personal favorites have been Roman Gabriel (I am showing my age!), Merlin Olsen, Deacon Jones, Jack Youngblood, Jack Reynolds, Kurt Warner, Marshall Faulk, Isaac Bruce and London Fletcher.

My personal opinion on who I think should be considerred as the Rams greatest players would be (Even I am not old enough to have seen Bob Waterfield, Norm Van Brocklin, Elroy Hirsh or Tom Fears!):
* Deacon Jones
* Merlin Olsen
* Marshall Faulk
* Isaac Bruce
* Orlando Pace

Sgt. Ram

the present moment is all you will ever have
Bruce is one of my favorites, but I have to say that Jack Youngblood is the reason I became a fan of the rams. So he's my favorite of all time.

nighttrain

Legend
David "Deacon" Jones, the DE that changed the face of football, created a stat, the sack, and a rule, the one that outlawed the head slap
train

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Today ... every Rams fan's "best of all time."

deacon-jones.jpg

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
paceram said:
WOW - That is a pretty tough question since there were so many great players (Deacon Jones, Merlin Olsen, Orlando Pace, Isaac Bruce, Torry Holt, Marshall Faulk, Jack Reynolds, Roman Gabriel, Elroy Hirsh, Tom Fears, Norm Van Brocklin, Henry Ellard, Bob Waterfield, Steven Jackson, Lawrence McCutcheon, Isiah Robertson, Nolan Cromwell, Larry Brooks, Rich Saul, Tom Mack, Eddie Meador, Jack Snow, Fred Dryer, Dennis Harrah, Eric Dickerson, London Fletcher, etc) who have played for the Rams!

A few of my personal favorites have been Roman Gabriel (I am showing my age!), Merlin Olsen, Deacon Jones, Jack Youngblood, Jack Reynolds, Kurt Warner, Marshall Faulk, Isaac Bruce and London Fletcher.

My personal opinion on who I think should be considerred as the Rams greatest players would be (Even I am not old enough to have seen Bob Waterfield, Norm Van Brocklin, Elroy Hirsh or Tom Fears!):
* Deacon Jones
* Merlin Olsen
* Marshall Faulk
* Isaac Bruce
* Orlando Pace
Man o man does seeing all these names together bring back some great great memories. I think I have been lucky enough to see everyone on this list in-person except for Brocklin, Hirsh, Waterfield and Fears. I really don't know how I could pick just 1-person from that list.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Picking the best of all time doesn't diminish the excellence of many other Rams.

For me, and the era I have seen; Isaac Bruce

Perhaps others had more impressive seasons (Faulk and Warner) but Bruce had the longevity.

I think an argument could be made for Holt and Jackson too.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Growing up I have to say that I ID'd most with Nolan Cromwell. Wore my 21 jersey all over the place. But when we're talking best ever, I can't think of anybody other than David Deacon Jones. Lotta great players down through the years but the Secretary of Defense has my nod.

EastRam

Pro Bowler
The Deacon

"When I see guys huddling up after the game, to pray, that's what scares me about the game. I'm a Baptist, but I'm also a quarterback killer, and I ain't praying with you. But I will give you 30 seconds to ask your Lord and master to keep me from killing you." -- Hall of Fame defensive end "Deacon" Jones on what aspect of the modern game most upsets him.