Best Offensive Lineman in the 2015 NFL Draft?--Path to the Draft Video

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
The “Path to the Draft” crew debates who is the best offensive lineman in the 2015 NFL Draft. They talk about Andrus Peat, D.J. Humphries, and Laken Tomlinson.

Watch O-Line Discussion

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
The “Path to the Draft” crew debates who is the best offensive lineman in the 2015 NFL Draft. They talk about Andrus Peat, D.J. Humphries, and Laken Tomlinson.

Watch O-Line Discussion

Humphries and Tomlinson don't even belong in the discussion, although Tomlinson is still a hell of a lineman. In my honest opinion, Peat is the best, followed by Clemmings, Cann, and Collins.

paceram

Pro Bowler
Humphries and Tomlinson don't even belong in the discussion, although Tomlinson is still a hell of a lineman. In my honest opinion, Peat is the best, followed by Clemmings, Cann, and Collins.

I have to be honest I sill personally prefer Brandon Scherff BUT I would not be at all disappointed if the Rams end up with Andrus Peat! I think they are both more than worthy of being a top 10 pick in next month's draft! Can I ask you a question - How do you compare Peat with Greg Robinson? Which one do you think has the most upside and if the Rams do end up with Peat who (Peat or Robinson) do you think would end up being the Rams OLT?

Memento

Name
Jemma
I have to be honest I sill personally prefer Brandon Scherff BUT I would not be at all disappointed if the Rams end up with Andrus Peat! I think they are both more than worthy of being a top 10 pick in next month's draft! Can I ask you a question - How do you compare Peat with Greg Robinson? Which one do you think has the most upside and if the Rams do end up with Peat who (Peat or Robinson) do you think would end up being the Rams OLT?

Robinson is like Willie Roaf. Peat compares more to a more physical D'Brickshaw Ferguson. I like Robinson more at left tackle and Peat at right.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Here's my take on Peat vs. Robinson. Peat and Robinson are both massive players with good feet. Robinson wins the quickness battle, and the power battle. Peat is much more polished as an OT. He is will be a day one starter. They can both get stronger, but I think Peat has more room for improvement here. I can't imaging him after a coupe of years in the weight room. Robinson is a better run blocker vs. Peat, who is a better pass blocker.

They both have a little nasty in their game. Peat has a higher football IQ, and more traditional experience. Both have very high ceilings. Both can play either side. Robinson can play Guard, I don't see Peat as a Guard. I see Robinson staying at OLT, and Peat at ORT, and our swing OT. 1 - 2 years in an NFL weight program, and Peat could be a dominant force at RT. I think G.Rob could play there also, but Rob is the better athlete. In a couple years, we could have the two best starting OT's in the league, if you average them out. They both have Pro Bowl ability, IMO, but you can't measure a players heart.

Memento

Name
Jemma
Here's my take on Peat vs. Robinson. Peat and Robinson are both massive players with good feet. Robinson wins the quickness battle, and the power battle. Peat is much more polished as an OT. He is will be a day one starter. They can both get stronger, but I think Peat has more room for improvement here. I can't imaging him after a coupe of years in the weight room. Robinson is a better run blocker vs. Peat, who is a better pass blocker.

They both have a little nasty in their game. Peat has a higher football IQ, and more traditional experience. Both have very high ceilings. Both can play either side. Robinson can play Guard, I don't see Peat as a Guard. I see Robinson staying at OLT, and Peat at ORT, and our swing OT. 1 - 2 years in an NFL weight program, and Peat could be a dominant force at RT. I think G.Rob could play there also, but Rob is the better athlete. In a couple years, we could have the two best starting OT's in the league, if you average them out. They both have Pro Bowl ability, IMO, but you can't measure a players heart.

Said it better than I ever could.

Sportsed

Pro Bowler

DR RAM totally agree with your comparison, especially re Peat vs G Rob in run blocking. How would you rate Peat's run blocking now? I've watched tons of film on Peat, and don't see his run blocking being impressive. What's your opinion re Peat's ceiling as a run blocker-----imho his pass pro is very good. Anyway, I think Peat's the best tackle in this draft.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
DR RAM totally agree with your comparison, especially re Peat vs G Rob in run blocking. How would you rate Peat's run blocking now? I've watched tons of film on Peat, and don't see his run blocking being impressive. What's your opinion re Peat's ceiling as a run blocker-----imho his pass pro is very good. Anyway, I think Peat's the best tackle in this draft.
I see him get a little winded during games, which negates some of his skills at run blocking, but he is also very tall. When he's in better shape, and run blocks with more balance and tilt, I think he'll be great at it. He's pretty good already, and he gets knocked for it unfairly. He's a good athlete, and he does really good at the first level. My one knock is that he could use more leg drive, keep his feet going. He needs to be a little more consistent on the 2nd level, but when he gets there, he demolishes guys. He knows how to lower his pad level, and hit.

I've seen him make every kind of block you want him to make, he's a pretty complete guy, who will get better with strength and coaching. I have one knock on his pass blocking, his hand placement, he gets his hands way too high in certain cases, and I don't know if he's tired, and it's intentional, or he's coached to do that.

Good player though.

Last edited: