Best of the Rams WR?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ellard80

Legend
For realistic purposes it's too early to make any final conclusions... Brandon Cooks has a more productive history.

However who is the best in this offense?

Cooks - the fastest of the 3... the deep threat. However he has shown to be reliable on many different routes and has shown some solid hands.

Woods - Gets popped and still makes the catch. Has shown ability to get vertical as well (94 yarder last year).

Kupp - Strong and hard to tackle, the best RAC threat of the 3. Sometimes will drop easy balls.

I love them all, and there isn't a great disparity among them.

I'd say at this moment however in my mind Woods is the most consistent performer.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Great topic.

All three are really-really good. Hard to pick a favorite.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
I would call it a tie between Woods and Cooks, very hard to choose between those two. Maybe 1A and 1B

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I would call it a tie between Woods and Cooks, very hard to choose between those two. Maybe 1A and 1B

Woods is probably surprising other teams.

Obviously not the Rams - they signed him because they liked him.

Ellard80

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
FWIW

In PFF grades

Woods 84
Cooks 82.3
Kupp79.4

Last edited:

dang

Legend
I think we are seeing the best of Woods right now. Kupp and Cooks haven't yet peaked. I love them for what they bring to the table. My best guess for 2018:

Cooks - most yards/1600
Kupp - most TDs/12
Woods - most catches/96

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
I think they all three have unique abilities/talents and complement each other very well.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
I also wanted to add last year, didn't Kupp get the most separation per route of any NFL receiver? He's got a knack for finding the soft spots in a secondary.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
This is the Best "Trio" of Wide Receivers on the same team in the entire NFL :yess:
usa_today_11328816.0.jpg

Ram65

Legend
All three play a important role in the Rams offense. Cooks speed gives him an edge over Woods and Kupp. Woods hands and timing with Goff are remarkable. Kupps fakes in route make him a great go to third down WR.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
I’ve seen people compare this trio to the GSOT. But it was already better in terms of statistics going into the season.

Az Hakims best season was 53 rec 734 yards 4 touchdowns.

He was mostly a punt returner with some receiving ability. If we’re comparing him to Kupp, it’s really not even close.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I like all three, but Kupp is my favorite

Ram65

Legend
I’ve seen people compare this trio to the GSOT. But it was already better in terms of statistics going into the season.

He was mostly a punt returner with some receiving ability. If we’re comparing him to Kupp, it’s really not even close.

True but the Rams had a forth in Ricky Proehl. I called him Cooper Kupp light in another thread. I can't remember how they split the time.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/P/ProeRi00.htm

tempests

Hall of Fame

In 2001 the Rams were the only team to pass for 4000 yards in a season. This year 16 teams are on pace for 4000, and seven for 5000. It's simply a different era.

"To football fans, the 5'10", 178-pound Hakim is a game-breaking
blur. The pass defenders charged with stopping him are even more
impressed. "Az Hakim? The word that comes to mind is wow," says
Tennessee Titans All-Pro safety Blaine Bishop of the player who
is also the league's leading punt returner. "All the Rams'
receivers are great, but he's the quickest one we've faced in a
long time." Another Pro Bowl safety, Lance Schulters of the San
Francisco 49ers, says, "He's as good as [St. Louis wideouts]
Isaac Bruce or Torry Holt. He doesn't make small gains; he drops
bombs on you."

With offensive coordinator (and now head coach)
Mike Martz making aggressive use of multiple formations and
Warner emerging as a star, Hakim became a "12th man" who could
score in bunches. In St. Louis's third game, a 33-10 victory over
the Bengals in Cincinnati, Hakim caught touchdown passes of nine,
51 and 18 yards from Warner and returned a punt 84 yards for
another score. (1999) eight of his 36 receptions went for
touchdowns, and five of those scores came on third down, tying
him for the NFC lead in that category. He averaged 18.8 yards per
catch and had five touchdowns of 48 yards or more.

https://www.si.com/vault/2000/12/18...ce-of-his-father-who-was-running-from-the-law

fearsomefour

Legend
They are all slightly different.
They all complement each other very well and each contributes to the others success. Defenses cant focus on shutting one down.
Think back to the Whiner offenses of old.
You want to roll triple coverage to Rice....ok, Taylor is open....you want to bracket the two WRs? Ok, Brent Jones will destroy the LB coverage....you want to run 6 DBs? Ok, the OL and Rodger Craig will run the ball down your throat. Pick your poison.
I get excited thinking about year two and three etc of these three playing together and learning to compliment each other. Please no WR drama with this group.
I'm just baffled as to why teams were so willing to dump Cooks.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
This starting WR unit fulfills the needs of McVay desires. Keeps him busy & off the chain in developing new fresh pass plays to win.

I would say that Woods is the most complete wide out IMO, but not by much. I am Not sure the rest of the NFL really knows much about the Rams trio at this time too busy droolling over the Saints, Steelers, Eagles, Vikings, Chiefs Bucs & others recievers to have any drool left for the Rams.

@fearsomefour.....Just guessing on why Cooks was dumped by two teams the last 2 seasons might be his size & that serious head hit that he took early in Pats/Eagles SB. It changed the game for the Pats bad & Eagle in s good way.

Last edited:

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Today, I think Woods has the big game. Kupp gets the focus because of last week's performance and the Seahawks will be terrified of Cooks deep ball threat. Woods eats them alive in between.