Best LA Radio Station for Rams Coverage

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
I thought there was already a thread asking this , but I couldn't find it , so I apologize if this is a double post

After years of listening to ESPN 101 out of St Louis , I need to find a new radio station to listen to

Is there any one station in LA as the official home of the Rams ( might be to early for that )

or if there as several , which one is the best ?

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I've been listening to 980 The Beast due to Roggin (who has been firmly in Kroenke's/Rams corner all along) during the whole stadium move evolution and find myself still tuning in. I think we're going to have to wait for the Rams to announce who their radio partner is. My guess is 980 wins the gig, but we'll see.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
One thing I wonder , while listening to St Louis Radio , they had the Cardinals , Blues , Rams , and maybe UofM

But now that their in LA , where there is like a thousand different sports team , is there enough Radio time for all of them , and if the Chargers come to town , :confused:

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Roman Gabriel will be on the Beast 980 on Thursday Afternoon

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Just added it to my 'sonos" radio stations. Been listening to it all afternoon - Chris Meyers show - didn't know he's a huge Rams fan. Fred Roggin show just started - don't know him.

Thanks for the tip!:cheers:

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
We have as many radio stations as teams and I would guess their flagship whomever it may be will cover them close with scheduled segments.
Since they are the shiny new toy I expect close coverage on all the sports staions. and if they win like we all hope that should continue. Hopefully they continue to cover them on their St Louis Flagship it would be a nice bit of familiarity for the locals, I know good luck.
Rogin is an old vet that has covered LA sports on The television for NBC and had his own TV shows as well. He is actually much better on the radio calling it like it is for the most part.
I do not always agree but respect his opinion Even when he is wrong.

Last edited:

bluecoconuts

Legend
710 ESPN will have a lot of Rams stuff, and they're doing a good job.

The Beast 980 sucks, I hate all of their radio personalities, and they are the official station of the Clippers so that's most of what you get. Bill Plaschke and Jeanne Zelasko, both are awful and neither know very much about all the different LA Sports, frankly they are annoying.. I flipped to that station on my morning drive while my normal station was on commercial and it was just Bill whining about not being able to get Rams season tickets and saying it wasn't fair that Magic Johnson got them... Jim Rome is Jim Rome, Chris Meyers and Wes Clements are too busy yelling about the Clippers and Dodgers to be of any use, and Roggin is too busy telling everyone how great he is.

Plus the actual physical station is just awful, I'm constantly getting cross feeds from other stations, so I can hear random music in the background of them talking, there is poor organization, just poor radio all around.

I flipped to ESPN this morning and they were doing detailed notes on various Rams on every commercial break so everyone gets up to speed before the season started. Were talking about what the Rams needed to do at QB, etc...

So far they seem to be better. 980 was on top of all things relocation, but otherwise, yuck.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Beg to differ. Listened to Meyers today( first time) and he was VERY knowledgeable about the Rams.

JackKirby

UDFA
Name
JackKirby
The beast 980 (KFWB) will be changing its format beginning Monday. It will be a foreign-language station. Rams and Clippers will need to find another outlet to broadcast their games. AM 570, radio home of the Los Angeles Dodgers and UCLA Bruins is a possibility as well as AM 710, radio home of the Los Angeles Lakers and USC Trojans. Anyway, KFWB doesn't have a strong signal; you can't even get it in Ventura or South Orange Counties.
KABC AM is predominately Talk Radio though it does air Los Angeles Kings hockey games. Big mistake on KABC's part. I mean who listens to Kings's games. Most sports fans in So Cal don't even follow the sport. Fact: Sports talk stations never--and I mean never-talk hockey. And callers never-and I mean never-call in and talk hockey. I'm convinced that the only people who follow the game are the 18,000 and some odd fans who fill the Staples Center for each game and perhaps about 50-60 thousand others. Heck, I don't even know the purpose of a blue line other than the fan that it's just there. None of my friends and family who are die-hard sports fans don't watch or listen to hockey games. I went to two games in my entire life and I couldn't even see the puck from where I was sitting. Never saw what all the fuss was about. I guess that's why it's a cult sport.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
So it's been a couple weeks now , has any LA station established as a good source of information for the Rams

I listened to the Beast 980 for a couple days after the news of the Rams moving to LA , but now it all seems to all Clippers stuff

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
The Ram talk cooled just as fast as it heated. I suspect the draft will be the next time it sparks up. Maybe season ticket news may spike it a bit.

Bud Frosty

UDFA
Name
Steve
The nice thing about the ESPN affiliate 101.1 in St. Louis, is it's on the FM dial, not sure how much Rams coverage they'll have this season. Might be talked about a little more than other teams, maybe not as much, nothing like what it was when they were here though.

Be nice for the local LA fans if the flagship station is on FM, IMO easier listening than an AM station, pretty much zero interference.

MrMotes

Starter
The Beast 980 has been great covering the Rams but they're going off the air, so not sure which will the go to station...

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
The beast 980 (KFWB) will be changing its format beginning Monday. It will be a foreign-language station. Rams and Clippers will need to find another outlet to broadcast their games. AM 570, radio home of the Los Angeles Dodgers and UCLA Bruins is a possibility as well as AM 710, radio home of the Los Angeles Lakers and USC Trojans. Anyway, KFWB doesn't have a strong signal; you can't even get it in Ventura or South Orange Counties.
KABC AM is predominately Talk Radio though it does air Los Angeles Kings hockey games. Big mistake on KABC's part. I mean who listens to Kings's games. Most sports fans in So Cal don't even follow the sport. Fact: Sports talk stations never--and I mean never-talk hockey. And callers never-and I mean never-call in and talk hockey. I'm convinced that the only people who follow the game are the 18,000 and some odd fans who fill the Staples Center for each game and perhaps about 50-60 thousand others. Heck, I don't even know the purpose of a blue line other than the fan that it's just there. None of my friends and family who are die-hard sports fans don't watch or listen to hockey games. I went to two games in my entire life and I couldn't even see the puck from where I was sitting. Never saw what all the fuss was about. I guess that's why it's a cult sport.

Hockey is a cult sport only in the same way that soccer is a cult sport.. It's wildly popular other than in your small sample size of So. Cal...Soccer is the most watched sport on Earth (though I feel the same way about it that you do about hockey)...

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Hockey is great if you give it a chance. Soccer is king around the world

Q729

Legend
The nice thing about the ESPN affiliate 101.1 in St. Louis, is it's on the FM dial, not sure how much Rams coverage they'll have this season. Might be talked about a little more than other teams, maybe not as much, nothing like what it was when they were here though.

Be nice for the local LA fans if the flagship station is on FM, IMO easier listening than an AM station, pretty much zero interference.
The beauty of streaming the stations on the internet or a phone application is you can't even tell the difference if it's on the AM or FM dial. Sometimes it even sounds better than the FM signal. The ugly is you have something like a 2-minute delay. I'm gonna miss streaming the St. Louis ESPN station listening to the 4 o'clock fight at 5 p.m. and getting Rams coverage from them... and hearing fun stuff like that BBQ restaurant commercial. Bandana's BBQ or something. Smell that smoke.