Best Jobs

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jimitroutboy

@jimiramsboy
Name
Jim Fadler
Bears-Unless they hire someone that has both a lot of power and is a really forceful personality this is a coach killer job. I think in retrospect they will be sorry they fired Love and he got as much out of the team as anyone could. Cutler is a coach killer and unless someone is willing to hit him upside his head as hard as they can he is going to ruin anything a new coach accomplishes. The defense is aging and they have never been able to build an offensive line. I think this team is trending down and as the Vikins rise they decline.

Arizona-Michael Bidwill really runs/owns the team these days. I think they would be much better off hiring Horton and a top flight offensive coordinator. Reid is going to want control or to pick his GM. They seem to want to salvage Kolb and I doubt he can be salvaged. If they don't promote Horton they may lose him to another team as a Head Coach and I think that a mistake. If they persist in Kolb I think they will be fourth in a suddenly brutal division for a long time.

Chargers-A clearly declining roster that is about a year away from a complete rebuild. I doubt the team would commit to it but they could get ahead of the curve and start this year.

Eagles-Whoever they hire is going to be under great pressure to win right away and I really think they are in the same spot as the Chargers and need to tear it down and rebuild it. Now that Vick threw his teammates under the bus what do they do with him and if he is gone who do they get? A total mess and the pressure from above is intense to produce now.

Browns-They have some pieces save a young QB. The defense isn't that bad, the team played much better in the second half and they have a franchise back and franchise tackle. Any kind of improvement will be met with an outpouring of support. The new owner seems like a good fit with the community and the fanbase. There are QB prospects in the draft but no stars this year. They could still get some years out of Weeden but in hindsight that pick looks like a huge mistake.

Chiefs-Pioli really complicates the matter but he is shut out of the coach hiring process which makes it appear he could be gone the minute someone is hired. Defense and offense has ample talent and some good playmakers. Some of the defense though is scheme specific and that has to be a consideration in hiring a new coach or they will have to rebuild the front seven. Clark Hunt is almost surely going to reach out to the 49ers and Alex Smith. Fanbase will turn on a slow rebuilding process. They have done it before and not just to the last one.

Bills-Ownership and upper management are always kind of "capricious" with this team. There has been great pressure from above to win now for Ralph Wilson and they haven't done a good job of it. The last time there was an opening they could hardly find anyone interested in the job. They have a lot of untapped talent on offense and a really poor under performing defense. What this team really needs is a very strong team GM or President to give the team a plan and the franchise coherence.

Advantage Browns.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
One has to consider the great weather and sheer volume of hot babes in San Diego though.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
47-35087-Y.jpg

It seems to me that the Cards are a QB away from being a real good team.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
In terms of pure player potential and talent, I'd take the Browns. Weeden is a good player, he needs better WRs.

But all these teams have shit going on with the owner and/or GM but the one with the least owner/pressure is probably Chicago.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
Id take Chicago. You step into a situation where you have an upper echelon D , a above average QB, a top 5 WR, and a good RB. The big thing that needs work is the Oline. Spend a couple high draft picks on the line or bring in a few vets and they could be serious contenders. The D will have to see some turnover within the next few years, as it's getting older, but that can be managed.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
jimitroutboy said:
Bears-Unless they hire someone that has both a lot of power and is a really forceful personality this is a coach killer job. I think in retrospect they will be sorry they fired Love and he got as much out of the team as anyone could. Cutler is a coach killer and unless someone is willing to hit him upside his head as hard as they can he is going to ruin anything a new coach accomplishes. The defense is aging and they have never been able to build an offensive line. I think this team is trending down and as the Vikins rise they decline.

Arizona-Michael Bidwill really runs/owns the team these days. I think they would be much better off hiring Horton and a top flight offensive coordinator. Reid is going to want control or to pick his GM. They seem to want to salvage Kolb and I doubt he can be salvaged. If they don't promote Horton they may lose him to another team as a Head Coach and I think that a mistake. If they persist in Kolb I think they will be fourth in a suddenly brutal division for a long time.

Chargers-A clearly declining roster that is about a year away from a complete rebuild. I doubt the team would commit to it but they could get ahead of the curve and start this year.

Eagles-Whoever they hire is going to be under great pressure to win right away and I really think they are in the same spot as the Chargers and need to tear it down and rebuild it. Now that Vick threw his teammates under the bus what do they do with him and if he is gone who do they get? A total mess and the pressure from above is intense to produce now.

Browns-They have some pieces save a young QB. The defense isn't that bad, the team played much better in the second half and they have a franchise back and franchise tackle. Any kind of improvement will be met with an outpouring of support. The new owner seems like a good fit with the community and the fanbase. There are QB prospects in the draft but no stars this year. They could still get some years out of Weeden but in hindsight that pick looks like a huge mistake.

Chiefs-Pioli really complicates the matter but he is shut out of the coach hiring process which makes it appear he could be gone the minute someone is hired. Defense and offense has ample talent and some good playmakers. Some of the defense though is scheme specific and that has to be a consideration in hiring a new coach or they will have to rebuild the front seven. Clark Hunt is almost surely going to reach out to the 49ers and Alex Smith. Fanbase will turn on a slow rebuilding process. They have done it before and not just to the last one.

Bills-Ownership and upper management are always kind of "capricious" with this team. There has been great pressure from above to win now for Ralph Wilson and they haven't done a good job of it. The last time there was an opening they could hardly find anyone interested in the job. They have a lot of untapped talent on offense and a really poor under performing defense. What this team really needs is a very strong team GM or President to give the team a plan and the franchise coherence.

Advantage Browns.

Prior to reading this, I was thinking San Diego. It's the team with the best QB (signed through 2015). But Jim's right; the roster needs serious work.

I see some appealing pieces in Cleveland, but of all the cities to consider moving to... Cleveland would be pretty low on the list.

Chicago is a team that should win in 2013, but you got to handle the QB with kid gloves.

I'd take the Chiefs job. It needs work, but some pieces are there. Plus, they have the first overall pick this year. And... it's a football town! They love their Chiefs in KC.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
jimitroutboy said:

Advantage Browns.

Well thought out Jimi, but for the spell check I'd have thought that was a pro writing it, you should consider some free lance stuff.

IMO Cleveland is the best opportunity and IMO Wisenhunt comes back to haunt the Steelers THERE,new owner,IF he isn't another Jerry Jones .
ANY org. that has dumped a coach is a snakepit and you pretty well identified why in each situation.
I'm with Selassie, if you are going to be hired and that's the first day on the progression to being fired, go for the scenery and the life style. But anyone who has never been to Chi. in the summer, needs to see it, pretty cool place

Looks like Reid to KC is a done deal and IMO that's the second best situation, 5 pro bowlers is a pretty good start.But until he finds a DC who can make you look as good as Jim Johnson did,he's gonna be iffy.

AZ, is the perfect example of an org. that can fall into a barrel of tits and come out sucking their thumb. The last Bidwell to have the accumen to win was Charlie and he had the misfortune of being in direct competition with George Halas.