Best food you ever had out if town?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
X said:
LesBaker said:
Hmmmmm this is a hard one......

Jerk chicken in Jamaica at the Pickled Parrot eating right at the cliffs edge at sunset.
Aww. That sounds really

Gay.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Not!

Funny story to the first visit to the Parrot.

Leaving the resort we got on one of the shuttles that they had to take guests to different places. The van that 6 of us got in reeked of weed. So the driver was the typical Jamaican, dreads and all. I asked him jokingly "hey do you smoke weed?" and very matter of factly he said "Ya mon all day everyday" then reached underneath his seat and pulled out a brown paper lunch bag and said "you want some.....go ahead" as he handed it to me. I didn't take any but the one of the other guys took a nice big fat bud.

We get to the restaurant and it's pretty empty. The waiter comes over and takes our drink order then a few minutes later brings them. 15 minutes later nothing.....now 20 plus minutes and nothing. So I go over to the bar and there is noone there, I can't see anyone around. So I poke my head in the kitchen door and what do I see.

The waiter, the bartender, the cook and our shuttle driver sharing a spliff the size of a sub sandwich!!! I asked if we could get another round and I got the Jamaican response "soon come mon soon come" and in a few minutes we had another round of drinks and got the food order in. The jerk chicken was melt in your mouth delicious and worth the wait.

On the way home some crabs were crossing the road and the driver, stoned as he was, maneuvered around all of them at warp speed while extolling the virtues of being perpetually stoned! He got a great tip from us, especially the guy who had taken the primo bud from his bag.

Many excellent memories from Jamaica trips and this is one of them.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
libertadrocks said:
Pok Pok's Fish Sauce Chicken Wings in Portland, OR has to get my vote. BY FAR THE BEST WINGS ON THE FACE OF THE EARTH

a-matos-pokpok.jpg

:popcorn:

If not for Pok Pok, I'd say nothing beats deep dish in Chicago. You pick your place. I like Geno's East. Or NY deli's.

Those wings are pretty damn good. The place makes some fun drinks too.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
When we were in Florida, we ate at the Original Waterfront Crabshack in Fort Walton Beach. I thought it was fantabulous. The wifey loved Boondocks more, but it was all good.