Best case scenario for week 7 (Who to root for)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BeefJurky

Rookie
  • Texans over Seahawks. This is the most important by far. If the Seahawks win, they are back in front of the NFCW and Rams fall to second place. The Seahawks would be 5-2 with a W over one of their few remaining challanges. If the Texans win, Rams get 1 game ahead of the Seahawks, maintain a lead on the division, and have the Giants next week.
  • 49ers over Eagles. "Wait, what?!" That's right. The 49ers are so far behind the Rams that they pose no threat to the division. The Eagles on the other hand have the top seed currently, so if they lose, the Rams are 1 step closer a top seed for the playoffs. Homefield, bye week, etc.
  • Bears over Saints. The Saints are 4-2, playing great, leading the NFCS, and have one of the easiest remaining schedules (only behind KC, Philly, Washington and Minny). The Saints winning puts them 1 step closer to getting ahead of the Rams in seeding.
  • Browns over Vikings. Again, the ideal outcome is: any direct threat to seeding should lose. Minny also has one of the easiest schedules. Down the road they might threaten the Rams seeding position.
And, these next ones are reaching a little bit, but if we are talking true optimum outcome...
  • Jets over Falcons. The Falcons are the defending NFC champs. If they beat NY, they would probably be one of the favorites to snag a WC. That's if they don't make a total comeback and challenge NO for the NFCS.
  • Buccaneers over Panthers. Bring the Panthers 1 game farther away from a potential WC.
  • Cowboys vs Redskins. I don't know about this one. Basically, the best outcome would be the worst team winning. Because then the better team is 3-4 and has a worse chance at fighting for a WC that the Rams might want later. Cowboys have a WAY harder schedule remaining, but the Redskins are severely injured. IDK who has a better chance to make a run for the WC spot, really.
  • Chargers over Patriots. Because fuck the Patriots.

Basically, there are two outcomes that matter.
  • Rams win the NFCW. Then Rams want every division winner to lose this weekend (Minny, NO, Eagles).
  • Rams fight for a Wildcard. Then Rams want every potential WC candidate to lose (Atlanta, Carolina, Dallas, Wash. And all of the division leaders to lose too, because they might lose their lead for all we know.)

Let me know if I missed anything or made any wrong calls.

Last edited:

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Screw em all they all need to lose!

Oh that's not possible? I just hope everybody plays bad, lacks chemistry, can't tackle and struggles to get 1st downs or in the end zone.

BeefJurky

Rookie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I also find it funny how Rams ended up getting harder "Conference Standing Matchups" than Seattle who had 8 more wins than us.

We got Minny and New Orleans who are looking great.
Seattle got Atlanta who looks like crap and Green Bay (we are at least fortunate they got to take an L from Rodgers before he got hurt!)

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
And I hope we can hold onto highest scoring team, I enjoy having that title once again in 15 years. :yess:

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
49ers over Eagles. "Wait, what?!" That's right. The 49ers are so far behind the Rams that they pose no threat to the division. The Eagles on the other hand have the top seed currently, so if they lose, the Rams are 1 step closer a top seed for the playoffs. Homefield, bye week, etc.

Plus, let's not forget that the 49ers should win a couple of games, to screw up their draft pick next year. Beat the Eagles, beat the Seahawks and Cards, maybe win one or two more. Make them have to reach for a QB next year.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
For me, it's all about punking the Hawks and winning the NFC West Title and then everything else is gravy. A Wild Card spot is a luck position and a mercy spot in the playoffs because your team wasn't good enough to win its division. THE RAMS ARE good enough to jack slap the Hawks THIS year.

It's time to step into our rightful place at the top. Once achieving that, we can look at the 99' team for inspiration...It was 4-12 in 1998 and won it all in 1999.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
Way too early for this stuff. We need to take care of business and win our division. Staying healthy is a big part of that.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Meh, I don't care what other teams do. We control our destiny. But I would enjoy a Suckhawks loss.

Ram65

Legend
  • Texans over Seahawks. This is the most important by far. If the Seahawks win, they are back in front of the NFCW and Rams fall to second place. The Seahawks would be 5-2 with a W over one of their few remaining challanges. If the Texans win, Rams get 1 game ahead of the Seahawks, maintain a lead on the division, and have the Giants next week.
  • 49ers over Eagles. "Wait, what?!" That's right. The 49ers are so far behind the Rams that they pose no threat to the division. The Eagles on the other hand have the top seed currently, so if they lose, the Rams are 1 step closer a top seed for the playoffs. Homefield, bye week, etc.
  • Bears over Saints. The Saints are 4-2, playing great, leading the NFCS, and have one of the easiest remaining schedules (only behind KC, Philly, Washington and Minny). The Saints winning puts them 1 step closer to getting ahead of the Rams in seeding.
  • Browns over Vikings. Again, the ideal outcome is: any direct threat to seeding should lose. Minny also has one of the easiest schedules. Down the road they might threaten the Rams seeding position.
And, these next ones are reaching a little bit, but if we are talking true optimum outcome...
  • Jets over Falcons. The Falcons are the defending NFC champs. If they beat NY, they would probably be one of the favorites to snag a WC. That's if they don't make a total comeback and challenge NO for the NFCS.
  • Buccaneers over Panthers. Bring the Panthers 1 game farther away from a potential WC.
  • Cowboys vs Redskins. I don't know about this one. Basically, the best outcome would be the worst team winning. Because then the better team is 3-4 and has a worse chance at fighting for a WC that the Rams might want later. Cowboys have a WAY harder schedule remaining, but the Redskins are severely injured. IDK who has a better chance to make a run for the WC spot, really.
  • Chargers over Patriots. Because freak the Patriots.

Basically, there are two outcomes that matter.
  • Rams win the NFCW. Then Rams want every division winner to lose this weekend (Minny, NO, Eagles).
  • Rams fight for a Wildcard. Then Rams want every potential WC candidate to lose (Atlanta, Carolina, Dallas, Wash. And all of the division leaders to lose too, because they might lose their lead for all we know.)

Let me know if I missed anything or made any wrong calls.

Nice job. Doesn't look promising for helper upsets. They all have home field advantage. I've watched the Hags lose to the Titans so it's never automatic. It's been too long since we had the chance to do some meaningful scoreboard watching. It's early but, something to do during the bye week.

Psycho_X

Legend
Well don't count on much luck with any of those lol. Those are some bad matchups.

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
It’s just nice to sit here during bye week lingering in a win in week 8 and in control of our own destiny. Almost all those teams: Seahags, Iggles, Aints, Viqueens we play. And we already beat Dallas. I get the feeling Washington will fade. So the Rams just need to take care of business.

Hey Man

Starter
Name
Hey Man
I just can't believe this is a conversation, lol, no disrespect but this is great ! After 15 year's and finally a great season.
It's a good conversation to have.
I remember saying during the GSOT day's that the bye week for the Rams gave the rest of the NFL teams a chance to catch up !
Ram on.......

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I also find it funny how Rams ended up getting harder "Conference Standing Matchups" than Seattle who had 8 more wins than us.

Seattle got Atlanta who looks like crap and Green Bay (we are at least fortunate they got to take an L from Rodgers before he got hurt!)

If the rams lose to a case keenum led Vikings they don't deserve to make the playoffs. It was bad enough losing to them with the tooth pick as their qb.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave

The scheduling is based off of last years records. Atlanta and Green Bay had better records than Minn. and New Orleans, so Seattle got the Falcons and Packers. The Rams get the two Lesser Teams.

KDS73

Rookie
Gonna be some sloppy football today in Philly with the rainy weather. 9ers just might have a chance.

Q729

Legend
So basically everything we wanted is a bust so far. As predicted.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
It's not all bad the Raiders are losing
20171029_123224.jpg