Bernie v Poster on Bernie's Forum

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Post subject: Bernie? Maybe Not Same ole Rams, but Same ole Sam? Agree?
Posted: 10 Sep 2012 00:37 am

jjcardinals:
On Sam, I still saw the same jittery feet, underthrows on deep throws, locking onto one receiver while holding the ball too long waiting for him to get open(rarely trying to squeeze a tight one in like the elite QBs do so well such as Rddgers and Stafford as he showed today in the comeback), no moving in the pocket to avoid rush or find a passing lane, bad throws down the sideline and uncatchable, especially down the right side, and often obblivious to the rush causing fumbles that we were lucky to get back.

And the last two drives by Detroit certainly reminded me of the same ole somebody, but I'll take your word for it that it was not the same ole Rams... for now.

BernieM
Staff Moderator

I guess we were watching different games. I saw Bradford miss throws early, throws that he should have made, especially the two shots down the field. I saw him lock onto a receiver one time in a way that cost the Rams a play.

I saw him fail to get the ball out of there to avoid a sack one time, and one time only. The other two sacks weren't his fault; Suh creamed him on a jailbreak, and the kid (Rok Watkins) whiffed on a block and let Corey Williams drill Bradford's blind side. And you really think Bradford was to blame for those two sacks? Really? You can't be serious.

I saw the guy complete 6 of 8 for 84 yards on two drives that twice gave the Rams the lead in the 4th quarter. On a second and 10 from the DET 40, with the score tied 20-20, I saw Bradford firmly plant his feet and keep his eye level elevated, slinging an 11-yard sideline pass to Gibson, just as two Lions blasted him -- one high, one low. I saw him save a play on that drive by scrambling for positive yards (3) instead of taking a sack on 2nd and 12. I saw him throw the ball away instead of doing something stupid after Schottenheimer called a head-scratching play on 3rd down, right before the 46-yard FG.

I never saw Bradford him freak out, never saw him turn weak. He shook off hits. He led the team to the go-ahead FG with an offensive line of Hunter, Watkins, Turner, Dahl and Richardson. He got stronger as the game went on, and was plenty good in the fourth quarter. His teammates praised his leadership.

I have to laugh at the Stafford comparison. Stafford is really good, better than Sam is right now. But Stafford was picked off three times Sunday, and that's the No. 1 reason why the Rams had a chance to win this thing. Even at his worst moments Sunday, Bradford wasn't giving the ball away, setting up DET for easy scores.

Bradford had a 105.1 passer rating with no running game, a patchwork offensive line, two Billy Devaney wideouts, and a reclamation project (Smith) that spent the last two years trying to overcome a serious knee injury. Bradford had a 147.9 passer rating in the 4th quarter, and yet really some wise people out there have concluded that Sunday's loss was his fault. Sure it was.

It would be interesting to see how many comebacks Stafford could engineer with B Gibson, D Amendola or S Smith as his go-to guy. I'm thinking Stafford would probably choose to stay with Calvin Johnson. Because even when the Megatron isn't catching passes, he'd drawing defenders like a magnet, and that opens up easy throws to wide open tight ends. Calvin Johnson, Danny Amendola ... wow. Really close call. I don't know who to choose.

I also saw a Rams defense rush three and sit back and concede huge pieces of real estate as the Lions zipped down the field for two quick and easy TDs to win the game, and I didn't see any adjustments made, after it became obvious that the Lions knew how to attack the Rams' passive approach. But I suppose Bradford was the defensive coordinator?

Some of you folks make me borderline nuts. You lost your minds after the exhibition game at Indianapolis, and you now seem to be stunned that the Rams aren't a fully transformed and finished product AFTER ONE REGULAR-SEASON GAME UNDER JEFF FISHER. I think for my own sanity I'm gonna have to avoid Twitter and the forum during the Rams season. Or at least avoid Rams threads, because this is just too much. I understand the frustration of losing, and I truly respect the fact that so many fans care about a franchise that provides precious few rewards. But it doesn't make sense to flail and thrash away at the easiest and most convenient target...if you must flail and thrash away, at least try to make it relevant to what actually happened in the game. Thanks; I am done venting now.

-B

Read more: http://interact.stltoday.com/forums/vie ... t-11700006#ixzz266PthUXP

bluecoconuts

Legend
He's got a good point, people seem to be flipping out that we're not going to be 19-0 this year. It's a process, and it takes a while for things to smooth out. This isn't the finished roster Fisher wants, this offense needs time to gel and figure it all out. I was encouraged by the end of the game, I thought they played well. Frankly I think people get on Stafford's nuts too often. Yeah he's a good QB and he's got a cannon arm, but the talent he has around him is unreal. Not only does he have 6'5 Calvin Johnson that runs like a cheetah and jumps over sky scrapers, but he's got a 6'5 pass catching TE as well. Shit, I could win with those two, just have them run deep and throw as hard as I can and let them comeback and out jump the defenders. Give Bradford time with his receivers, give Quick and Givens time to grow, and watch the offense look completely different.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
X said:
Post subject: Bernie? Maybe Not Same ole Rams, but Same ole Sam? Agree?
Posted: 10 Sep 2012 00:37 am

jjcardinals:
On Sam, I still saw the same jittery feet, underthrows on deep throws, locking onto one receiver while holding the ball too long waiting for him to get open(rarely trying to squeeze a tight one in like the elite QBs do so well such as Rddgers and Stafford as he showed today in the comeback), no moving in the pocket to avoid rush or find a passing lane, bad throws down the sideline and uncatchable, especially down the right side, and often obblivious to the rush causing fumbles that we were lucky to get back.

And the last two drives by Detroit certainly reminded me of the same ole somebody, but I'll take your word for it that it was not the same ole Rams... for now.

BernieM
Staff Moderator

I guess we were watching different games. I saw Bradford miss throws early, throws that he should have made, especially the two shots down the field. I saw him lock onto a receiver one time in a way that cost the Rams a play.

I saw him fail to get the ball out of there to avoid a sack one time, and one time only. The other two sacks weren't his fault; Suh creamed him on a jailbreak, and the kid (Rok Watkins) whiffed on a block and let Corey Williams drill Bradford's blind side. And you really think Bradford was to blame for those two sacks? Really? You can't be serious.

I saw the guy complete 6 of 8 for 84 yards on two drives that twice gave the Rams the lead in the 4th quarter. On a second and 10 from the DET 40, with the score tied 20-20, I saw Bradford firmly plant his feet and keep his eye level elevated, slinging an 11-yard sideline pass to Gibson, just as two Lions blasted him -- one high, one low. I saw him save a play on that drive by scrambling for positive yards (3) instead of taking a sack on 2nd and 12. I saw him throw the ball away instead of doing something stupid after Schottenheimer called a head-scratching play on 3rd down, right before the 46-yard FG.

I never saw Bradford him freak out, never saw him turn weak. He shook off hits. He led the team to the go-ahead FG with an offensive line of Hunter, Watkins, Turner, Dahl and Richardson. He got stronger as the game went on, and was plenty good in the fourth quarter. His teammates praised his leadership.

I have to laugh at the Stafford comparison. Stafford is really good, better than Sam is right now. But Stafford was picked off three times Sunday, and that's the No. 1 reason why the Rams had a chance to win this thing. Even at his worst moments Sunday, Bradford wasn't giving the ball away, setting up DET for easy scores.

Bradford had a 105.1 passer rating with no running game, a patchwork offensive line, two Billy Devaney wideouts, and a reclamation project (Smith) that spent the last two years trying to overcome a serious knee injury. Bradford had a 147.9 passer rating in the 4th quarter, and yet really some wise people out there have concluded that Sunday's loss was his fault. Sure it was.

It would be interesting to see how many comebacks Stafford could engineer with B Gibson, D Amendola or S Smith as his go-to guy. I'm thinking Stafford would probably choose to stay with Calvin Johnson. Because even when the Megatron isn't catching passes, he'd drawing defenders like a magnet, and that opens up easy throws to wide open tight ends. Calvin Johnson, Danny Amendola ... wow. Really close call. I don't know who to choose.

I also saw a Rams defense rush three and sit back and concede huge pieces of real estate as the Lions zipped down the field for two quick and easy TDs to win the game, and I didn't see any adjustments made, after it became obvious that the Lions knew how to attack the Rams' passive approach. But I suppose Bradford was the defensive coordinator?

Some of you folks make me borderline nuts. You lost your minds after the exhibition game at Indianapolis, and you now seem to be stunned that the Rams aren't a fully transformed and finished product AFTER ONE REGULAR-SEASON GAME UNDER JEFF FISHER. I think for my own sanity I'm gonna have to avoid Twitter and the forum during the Rams season. Or at least avoid Rams threads, because this is just too much. I understand the frustration of losing, and I truly respect the fact that so many fans care about a franchise that provides precious few rewards. But it doesn't make sense to flail and thrash away at the easiest and most convenient target...if you must flail and thrash away, at least try to make it relevant to what actually happened in the game. Thanks; I am done venting now.

-B

Read more: http://interact.stltoday.com/forums/vie ... t-11700006#ixzz266PthUXP

Wow that was a shot. I thought the Devanny wideouts played decent.

I'm just going to say this, and it's probably true for a lot of fans. If Austin Davis had the game Bradford did some fans would want his jersey retired and a parade.
Perception is everything, but some fans don't have the skills to precept their a$$ from a hole in the ground

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
The jjcardinals poster is a fucking idiot, or possibly one of Bernie's alter identities. Whatever the case may be,,, Big Bern is absolutely correct in his response to the tool poster.