Bernie: Stop with the excuses for Spags, Devaney

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
If Bernie is the foundation of your belief that Spags must go, you'll have to do better.

Good read? There's nothing new here. :yawn:

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
RealRamsFan said:
And Bernie is highly respected.....let me guess....its only a good source when it supports your views
Bernie is a total dickhead who runs coaches out of town, switches his views based on who he has in the interview booth, and has never ever play organized sport of any kind, unless coach potato has now been classified as sport. Why would anyone listen to him when you have rational knowledgeable people right here on this forum.

In an unrelated point, Marshall looks kinda spooked in your sig picture :p

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
he had an entirely different opinion not more than 2 weeks ago. this is kind of typical and expected. on an unrelated note I am typing all of this via voice recognition software built into my phone while driving. how f****** cool is that. lol but it objects to my use of language. I'll let you decipher all of the grammatical errors and lack of punctuation and capitalization

superfan24

Starter
RealRamsFan said:
superfan24 said:
Does not change my opinion one bit that Spags needs another year

What would have to happen for him to deserve temination next year?
What would have to happen for him to keep his job after next year?

I personally don't think year 4 will all of a sudden help the in game adjustments, player evals, and undiscpline play

Only way I would agree with firing him this year if the players quit on him and didn't want to play for him. Which hasn't and won't happen.
I say playoffs or bust next season. Nothing less

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
RealRamsFan said:
superfan24 said:
RealRamsFan said:
superfan24 said:
Does not change my opinion one bit that Spags needs another year

What would have to happen for him to deserve temination next year?
What would have to happen for him to keep his job after next year?

I personally don't think year 4 will all of a sudden help the in game adjustments, player evals, and undiscpline play

Only way I would agree with firing him this year if the players quit on him and didn't want to play for him. Which hasn't and won't happen.
I say playoffs or bust next season. Nothing less

Fair enough.....not a fan of the "players not quiting on him" reasoning....I mean regardless of if they play hard or not.....they're losing by 3 possesions a game. Their not playing well for him.

But time will tell what direction Stan decides to go

True. I want one more year to see if he can pull this thing together, but mostly because it is HORRIBLE to blow things up every three years. If we see the same issues(horrible execution, bad play calling, clueless clock management) next year, I will call for his head...mid season even. Like I said, I want him to get one more season, but I refuse to make excuses for him or this regime. They have performed at a pathetic level and it needs to change.

jimitroutboy

@jimiramsboy
Name
Jim Fadler
The problem I see is if you give him one more year he is a lame duck coach without an extension. The conventional wisdom in St. Louis is that Stan Kroenke is not willing to do that.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
jimitroutboy said:
The problem I see is if you give him one more year he is a lame duck coach without an extension. The conventional wisdom in St. Louis is that Stan Kroenke is not willing to do that.

Another good point, and one reason why I do not feel he will be back. Sucks, because I have no doubt he will go elsewhere and be a very successful DC as he was before. That is why I think you have to give him another year. The Rams have a history of jettisoning players and coaches before getting a full sample of what they are capable of.....

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
RRF,

Do you think that we have shot at any of these guys, and then what would be your next few candidates?

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

i'm not fussed one way or the other. if spags stays i don't mind but if he's given the boot i won't bat an eyelid either. there's no right or wrong here as both sides of the argument have valid points. i'm sure kroeke knows what he's doing, i hope.