Bernie on Bradford

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
A closer look at Sam Bradford

Bernie Miklasz
http://sulia.com/channel/st-louis-rams/ ... ce=twitter

Sam Bradford Bradford’s overall stats are nothing special. But he is making plays. He is moving the chains and putting the Rams in position for field goals. Which is a good thing. Touchdowns would be better, but the Rams' offense is very much a work in progress.

For now field goals from Greg Zuerlein are preferable to punts and turnovers. And Zuerlein has such extraordinary range, it's even more important to convert third downs and advance down the field, because Zuerlein's range will lead to more FG opportunities.

When other teams have to punt, because their kicker can't make the long ones, it's an advantage for the Rams. Because the Rams and Z can bomb away from 50+ yards. And that's an advantage in close games.

The offense has a duty to get their kicker into position. They have to move the ball. And Bradford is doing his best work on third down, completing 22 of 33 (66.7 percent) with a TD and no interceptions. His third-down passer rating of 102.2 ranks 7th among starting quarterbacks. His percentage of converting third downs with the pass is 51.5 percent, which ranks 4th in the league.

In the 19-13 win over Seattle, Bradford converted a 3rd and 14 and two 3rd and 13s to keep scoring drives alive.

In the 4th quarter, when the Rams are trailing by seven or fewer points or leading by seven or fewer points, Bradford has connected on 17 of 27 passes for two TDs and one pick. His passer rating in those situations is 97.6, which ranks 10th.

Bradford is making progress. He'll do even better when the Rams develop more talent at wide receiver, and reinforce his protection with a stronger offensive line. 35 minutes ago

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
This information must be chapping the fucking asses of the haters out there.

LOL

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
Its a little disappointing to not have an offensive TD the last 2 games against good defenses, but I think we can say that Bradford is definitely making the most out of this situation, and things will continue to improve.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I keep saying... Bradford's stat line doesn't impress but given the situation, he is IMO doing a pretty damn good job.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
Just keep marching onward and upward. Points will come. Just get the damn ball to the 40 and if all else fails, Legatron will take care of the rest.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I think Bradford is playing a little Flaccoish. Joe Flacco usually doesn't seem to do much but ends up winning more than not. When Quick and Givens are more fine-tuned, the OL gets well and starts to gel as a unit, Richardson and Pead get NFL'd some more, this O will take off. Second half of the season sound good to you guys? :nice: