Bernie: How long can Rams fans wait?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

A55VA6

Legend
  1. Stan is the best owner any fan could ask for. He's not cheap.
  2. Despite the record, there was a talent gain from 2012 to 2013.
  3. Put the Rams in any other division, particularly the AFC, they would be right in the hunt despite losing their starting QB.
  4. I'm not in love with the OC and particularly the DC, but Fisher and Snead deserve patience. This is a massive rebuild. I just hope they have the unbiased approach to make coaching changes where needed. Fishers stubborn side could lead to his downfall.
  5. I'm not worried about the fans. St. Louis is a SPORTS town. It's a bruised fan base on the football side, that's all. It will heal.
I can agree with is.

Idk what the future is in St. Louis, but I know Stan will do what's best for the team whether it's to stay or relocate. Either way I'm a fan and always will be. I just want winning football. Just don't move us to London. lol

bluecoconuts

Legend
That's not what I said, I said FWIW that judging a man by the content of his wallet instead of the content of his character is bigotry and is a cultured attitude , sadly though bc there's somoebody "out there " who considers YOU a dishonest rich SOB JUST because you've succeeded to whatever degree you have and it surpasses them, WHICH is as unfair and bigoted as anything as well.
Keeping ONES OPTIONS open and hoping to maximize them is not vested in businessmen alone, but they sure get vilified for it.
Now................ if Stan decides he doesn't care if it costs him a few more million dollars to keep the football team in the city of the iconic heroes he was NAMED FOR if he decides he has a goal to do something extraordinary here, you've laid out the premiss that he's stupid, I say he's a man who has objectives and one OF THEM WAS to bring this team to St.Louis,it was a precondition to his partial purchase, he called favors to get a stadium worked his tail off to get it done.
His accountant is a millionaire, and the money is only good for buying what you want ,so IF HE wants this team here , it's what he's gonna do, and that wouldn't be any more stupid than you buying a big screen.

I never said he was a bad guy, I saI'd he was a businessman. I like Stan, I'm happy he is our owner. I just don't believe that any owner would ever take relocation off the table. When you make it that far up the ladder, you always ensure you have options.

And yes, if the Rams were losing millions of dollars, and there was no fan support, from a business standpoint, it would be stupid to just ignore it. We aren't there, so it doesnt matter.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I never said he was a bad guy, I saI'd he was a businessman. I like Stan, I'm happy he is our owner. I just don't believe that any owner would ever take relocation off the table. When you make it that far up the ladder, you always ensure you have options.

And yes, if the Rams were losing millions of dollars, and there was no fan support, from a business standpoint, it would be stupid to just ignore it. We aren't there, so it doesnt matter.
Everybody is a businessman ,scale is all the difference, he's just a good one and FWIW has LESS REASON TO BE DISHONEST IN HIS PRONOUNCEMENTS.
Now IMA give you the last word if you want it,or not ,I've said my peace

fearsomefour

Legend
  1. Stan is the best owner any fan could ask for. He's not cheap.
  2. Despite the record, there was a talent gain from 2012 to 2013.
  3. Put the Rams in any other division, particularly the AFC, they would be right in the hunt despite losing their starting QB.
  4. I'm not in love with the OC and particularly the DC, but Fisher and Snead deserve patience. This is a massive rebuild. I just hope they have the unbiased approach to make coaching changes where needed. Fishers stubborn side could lead to his downfall.
  5. I'm not worried about the fans. St. Louis is a SPORTS town. It's a bruised fan base on the football side, that's all. It will heal.

I agree. I believe Georgia had no intention of leaving LA until the "pain" (a terrible stadium, practice facilities and a sweet offer somewhere else….that said, she is a whore) of staying was greater than the pain of leaving. It would have to get to that point in St. Louis. A team would gain worth when moving to LA, that is undeniable. But, Stan has made no efforts to get the Nuggets out of Denver despite periods of luke warm support.
I dont know St. Louis at all (I do know So Cal) but I dont see the Rams leaving. There are plenty of cities where teams get burned out on continual losing and stop showing up…..LA for one, unless your the Dodgers, they always draw.
Fair weather or not most fans are not passionate enough to spend hard earned dough to watch a losing team and be asked to pay for parking and $12 for a light beer.
I had season tickets (my first purchase when I was living on my own as a teenager) the last couple of years in LA, no different, stadium half full of enemy fans, 1/2 full by the start of the 4th quarter. When things were good in LA (dating way back even) you couldnt find a ticket. In San Diego you can usually just walk up and buy a ticket….terrible fans in San Diego, the ultimate ones for only showing when things are good. Whatever, if a city doesnt have several million potential ticket buyers they can expect empty seats if the team stinks. St. Louis is no different. I dont think the Rams are moving.
Los Angeles Raiders is a lot more likely to happen.

had

Rookie
I agree. I believe Georgia had no intention of leaving LA until the "pain" (a terrible stadium, practice facilities and a sweet offer somewhere else….that said, she is a whore) of staying was greater than the pain of leaving. It would have to get to that point in St. Louis. A team would gain worth when moving to LA, that is undeniable. But, Stan has made no efforts to get the Nuggets out of Denver despite periods of luke warm support.
I dont know St. Louis at all (I do know So Cal) but I dont see the Rams leaving. There are plenty of cities where teams get burned out on continual losing and stop showing up…..LA for one, unless your the Dodgers, they always draw.
Fair weather or not most fans are not passionate enough to spend hard earned dough to watch a losing team and be asked to pay for parking and $12 for a light beer.
I had season tickets (my first purchase when I was living on my own as a teenager) the last couple of years in LA, no different, stadium half full of enemy fans, 1/2 full by the start of the 4th quarter. When things were good in LA (dating way back even) you couldnt find a ticket. In San Diego you can usually just walk up and buy a ticket….terrible fans in San Diego, the ultimate ones for only showing when things are good. Whatever, if a city doesnt have several million potential ticket buyers they can expect empty seats if the team stinks. St. Louis is no different. I dont think the Rams are moving.

I too remember the Rams last years in LA. Or should I say Anaheim.

I don't really want to even think about those days.

But I did want to say -- if this Rams team had been in LA the last 10 years, stinking it up the way they have, there'd be 12 people at the games. All Raiders fans. Brawling in the cheap seats.

***Which is to say that I think the fans in St. Louis have been pretty great at showing up, considering how terrible the team has been.

Last edited by a moderator:

nighttrain

Legend
Geragia move for the big bucks, was no other reason. Oh,she shafted or traded the best. Witch of the West(West of the Mississippi) And St Louis
train