Bernie: Could Bradford Be the Most Intriguing Athlete in St.L History?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Bernie Miklasz explains why Sam Bradford could be the most intriguing athlete in St. Louis history. Good discussion with Randy Karraker and D’Marco Farr. Would fans be happy if Bradford became Andy Dalton-like?

Listen to Bradford Discussion

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
Sam Bradford is going to be the reason whether or not the Rams stay or go, and now he may be the most intriguing athlete in St. Louis history?

They must serve hyperbole for breakfast at the P.D.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
I like Bernie a lot, but I think he's lost his mind on Bradford. It's like he plays to whatever group holds the "contrarian" opinion on #8 at any given time.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Bernie, once again taking the easy slo-pitch method of article writing. Write about something polarizing, Bradford, rather than the OL or DB's or something that would require work and maybe some effort on the phones or at camp.

Philly5

Rookie
In St Louis history?????? What is intriguing about Bradford? I guess to an extent any NFL QB gets the attention or interest. Warner was way more intriguing. With all the baseball success, the Blues, the football Cards, etc would Bradford be in the top 100? Marvin Barnes of the St Louis Spirit was more intriguing (yeah I watched 30 for 30).

cracengl

Rookie
I just think he's the poster child for the overblown media hype train that values draft season workouts more than seeing a guy prove it on the field. I'm not saying he wasn't deserving of accolades or we shouldn't have thought he was going to be good. But comparing him to Troy Aikman after his workout at OSU was just dumb and unreasonably inflated the expectations of him. St. Louis has set a bad precedent of being too tunnel vision on the QB position. Maybe it's because we long for another run like Warner had. But what Kurt did was the anomaly. Or maybe we are just used to arguing after wasting so much time bitching back and forth about Bulger. Regardless, it's less intrigue than it is the boredom of waiting for something good to happen for this franchise again.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I just think he's the poster child for the overblown media hype train that values draft season workouts more than seeing a guy prove it on the field. I'm not saying he wasn't deserving of accolades or we shouldn't have thought he was going to be good. But comparing him to Troy Aikman after his workout at OSU was just dumb and unreasonably inflated the expectations of him. St. Louis has set a bad precedent of being too tunnel vision on the QB position. Maybe it's because we long for another run like Warner had. But what Kurt did was the anomaly. Or maybe we are just used to arguing after wasting so much time bitching back and forth about Bulger. Regardless, it's less intrigue than it is the boredom of waiting for something good to happen for this franchise again.

Where is my applause emote? Well said, brother!

cracengl

Rookie
Where is my applause emote? Well said, brother!
Thanks buddy!

Also, Bernie is far less polarizing sitting around talking with other sports guys than he is in his own writing. I wonder if the PD dictates that any in order to keep the views up...

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
This is kind of off topic but I kinda hate when people talk about how we haven't been to the playoffs since 2004. We had the same record as the Giants in 2006 when they got in. And the game vs the Seahawks to win the division in 2010 was about as big as it gets. I know we haven't actually been to the playoffs, but we have certainly had a good enough team to get in. Idk, maybe I'm just sour and want a winning record and a playoff game in St.Louis.