Benoit Rams Tweets/Observations

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Andy Benoit@Andy_Benoit

No player outperforms his body type more than Matt Longacre.

Lamarcus Joyner has outstanding range and coverage flexibility, is also a great hitter.

Love Aaron Donald, but how does a member of a run D that ranked 30th in yards allowed per attempt run away with Defensive Player of the Year?

CBs Talib and Peters need a potent pass rush in front of them. Their gambles work when defense forces the ball out early. When it doesn’t, gambles can backfire.

#Rams defense star-studded in places, but questions at wide DE, LB and safety, and almost no back 7 depth to speak of.

#Rams might miss Tavon Austin. His gadgetry brought a lot of deception to the scheme.

Andrew Whitworth is most commanding pass-blocker in NFL in terms of fundamentals, but only when he’s dictating the terms. When he’s in reaction mode, his age shows.

Kupp has a high-level understanding of how plays are designed to beat specific coverages.

#Rams will be great in 3x1 sets this year. Gurley as receiver here, Cooks drawing double-teams on weak side.

Gerald Everett an important piece for #Rams. McVay wants a receiving TE like he had in Washington (Jordan Reed).

#Rams OL under Aaron Kromer was the most improved unit in NFL last year.

It’s between Aaron Kromer and Bill Callahan for best zone-oriented OL coach in football.

Left side of #Rams OL, especially guard Saffold, is as good as any in the screen game.

Gurley has good wiggle but not GREAT change-of-direction. Those are 2 subtly different things.

Gurley a perfect fit in a zone scheme and backfield screen passing game like #Rams feature.

Goff must get better in messy pockets. He’s shown progress here.

Jared Goff a more talented Kirk Cousins. You can go far with that.

#Rams on the cusp of being the best play-action offense in football.

McVay masterful in the hurry-up game, imagine he’ll play 3-WR packages and go hurry-up a lot in 2018.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Wonder if the Rams resign Saffold.....Could go a couple of ways, they might let him walk and move Whit inside to LG in the final year of his contract with Noteboom manning LT. Just food for thought and I love Saffold.

Stl2La

Hall of Fame
Benoit didn’t even have Donald in his top 10 for DPOTY if I remember correctly.

Also he says we have questions at the safety position. That is news to me.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

I believe his tweet encompasses the depth at Safety, which has Christian & Countess as the backups. However, some of the younger guys have shown well like Nate Holley for example.

André

Always far too invested
Rams On Demand Sponsor

The safety thing was the biggest surprise to me as well.

Stl2La

Hall of Fame
I believe his tweet encompasses the depth at Safety, which has Christian & Countess as the backups. However, some of the younger guys have shown well like Nate Holley for example.

Idk I think he meant the starters. He’s says:

#Rams defense star-studded in places, but questions at wide DE, LB and safety, and almost no back 7 depth to speak of.

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
Sorry but Benoit just proved he doesn't pay attention to Ram practices, or read reports of them. All he's done is read the roster list.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
RamBalls observations of Benoits observations. Mostly bullshit, how can back 7 depth be an issue when CB is 4 or 5 deep in players that could start on other teams? How can the Rams miss TAs production, it was pretty much non existant even when forcing the ball to him in gimmick plays that often resulted in lost yards? He did make some good points but totally missed on some others.

James Otto

Starter
Questions at safety? WTF

No back 7 depth??? Shields and NRC can both start if needed.

JoJo Watson could do what TA did. Same player, magnitudes cheaper.

Ogletree was almost single handedly responsible for the 30th ranked YPC.

I've seen few RB's able to make 45-90 degree jab cuts more effectively than Gurley, ever ...

Benoit has lost his mind

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

What a dumb opinion with an equally dumb premise behind it.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Benoit's hit 'n miss but he does watch film and form opinions off something concrete at least, which is more than can be said for 90% of the rest of the media.

TexasRam

Legend
There are easily at least 50 regulars on this board that have a more accurate perspective of the players on the Rams Roster then this clown.

tempests

Hall of Fame
Andy Benoit@Andy_Benoit

Love Aaron Donald, but how does a member of a run D that ranked 30th in yards allowed per attempt run away with Defensive Player of the Year?.

I don't know, how did Khalil Mack win it in 2016? Raiders defense was 25th in YPA against the run and dead last in YPA defending the pass.

WestCoastRam

Legend
For a guy who isn't a cub reporter for this team, I'd say he's got some of the best analysis. He can't get it all right. Now if Vinny said that about our back seven, then I'd have some words.

dang

Legend
Say Nay to the Naysayers: “First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win.” ~Mahatma Gandhi.

They no longer ignore or laugh at the Rams but there are many that want to fight against the Rams. Its time to say Nay to the Naysayers by WINNING!