PREGAME Beating the Bucs

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I'm having a hard time getting any work done today. Last night was spectacular and I'm still riding the high.

Looking ahead, I see some real areas of opportunity against TB - and also a few areas of real concern.

Our O / Their D - The Bucs are hard to run on. Top 5 defense against the run. We all know how important it is that we get the running game going, but I don't want to be wasting downs running into walls either. Meanwhile, they are pretty suspect against the pass. I don't want to get into a situation where we are engaged in a shootout - but against the Eagles, without CB Murphy-Bunting, the Bucs played over 50 snaps with 3 safeties on the field. From a flyover perspective, that kind of D is even tougher to run against and even more susceptible to our 11 personnel packages. We may see Stafford carrying us on Sunday.

Our D / Their O - There can be no more debate about it, as painful as it is, Tom is the GOAT. But his offense has problems right now. Down on healthy RBs, and even more importantly, a healthy O-Line. We beat these guys by putting the hits on. Mike Evans and Gronk need to be accounted for - and if Tom can beat us with the other JAGs out there - so be it. Not sure who will be able to go on the O Line - but whether it is their next man up or a hobbled starter - they need to be tested early and often. Tom took some shots in the Philly game. He needs to feel the heat. And we can't let them establish the run at all. We need to jump out on them and put them into drop back mode.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I'm having a hard time getting any work done today. Last night was spectacular and I'm still riding the high.

Looking ahead, I see some real areas of opportunity against TB - and also a few areas of real concern.

Our O / Their D - The Bucs are hard to run on. Top 5 defense against the run. We all know how important it is that we get the running game going, but I don't want to be wasting downs running into walls either. Meanwhile, they are pretty suspect against the pass. I don't want to get into a situation where we are engaged in a shootout - but against the Eagles, without CB Murphy-Bunting, the Bucs played over 50 snaps with 3 safeties on the field. From a flyover perspective, that kind of D is even tougher to run against and even more susceptible to our 11 personnel packages. We may see Stafford carrying us on Sunday.

Our D / Their O - There can be no more debate about it, as painful as it is, Tom is the GOAT. But his offense has problems right now. Down on healthy RBs, and even more importantly, a healthy O-Line. We beat these guys by putting the hits on. Mike Evans and Gronk need to be accounted for - and if Tom can beat us with the other JAGs out there - so be it. Not sure who will be able to go on the O Line - but whether it is their next man up or a hobbled starter - they need to be tested early and often. Tom took some shots in the Philly game. He needs to feel the heat. And we can't let them establish the run at all. We need to jump out on them and put them into drop back mode.
Well that didn’t take long.

I’m still enjoying the recent win.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Well we already did beat them this year, and by 10 points. Was Staffords best game of the year IMO and we didn't have Von, Akers, or OBJ. They now don't have Godwin and possibly Fournette. I like our chances in the game, but they do still have the old cheating QB, so not a sure thing at all.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
They will have some backups filling in on their O-Line. Local sports talk was very concerned about the injuries they had against Philly on the O-Line.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
The threat with Tampa is their lines. If their OL can handle our rush Brady will riddle our secondary all day long. And if their DL can get our OL to disintegrate they probably win the game.

This is always true in the playoffs IMO but for the Rams it is more true because their OL needs run game balance on the offensive side, and their DL is masking a weak secondary on the defensive side. We're relying on the big dogs here boys.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
Brady is the master of death by 1000 cuts. And the Rams struggle against big receiving targets - the Bucs have two in Gronk and Evans. But Tampa Bay is beat up. If Morris can call a decent game (hint: put Ramsey on Evans!) and the front 7 can get pressure on Brady, we should come away with the W. We match up well vs. the Bucs to begin with, and typically I'd call this a coin toss, but they are missing lots of key pieces and those that might suit up might be gimpy (a RB with a hamstring is never ideal, or a lineman with an ankle). The NFL is as much of anything a battle of attrition. The Rams are the better team right now when you look at who each respective side has available. Not that we do not have our own key players sitting on IR, too.

RamWoodie

Legend
I'm saying it again...THE RAM D' IS A NIGHTMARE FOR THE ARIANS OFFENSE!

That's what has me confident...they've rained on Arians parade many times now.

Philly got to Brady about 5 times Sunday too.

The Rams just need to watch the penalties and TOs.

I see this as a game where the Rams lead all the way winning like 28-20.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm saying it again...THE RAM D' IS A NIGHTMARE FOR THE ARIANS OFFENSE!

That's what has me confident...they've rained on Arians parade many times now.
Yeah there's no doubt and Arians is a lot like McVay. Both get really impatient and want chunks. Both love to stretch the field vertically. And when you face a two deep look with a great DL that's cancer.

The Bucs this year are feeling the injuries. Rams this year are feeling them too, but getting back Akers and that run game surge makes them more similar to the Bucs of last year.

There's a path for this Rams team to make history. So exciting. We just need 3 straight wins let's gooooo!

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
They will have some backups filling in on their O-Line. Local sports talk was very concerned about the injuries they had against Philly on their O-Line.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Definitely a matchup in our favor. I’m hoping Jones is back.
No doubt. Jones is a big piece, he really changes how that defense looks.

And btw I'll agree with those talking up our ILBs in that last game. So nothing against either of those guys who both did a fine job. But I want Jones back in there snuffing shit out in the flats and sitting in those throwing lanes.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
No doubt. Jones is a big piece, he really changes how that defense looks.

And btw I'll agree with those talking up our ILBs in that last game. So nothing against either of those guys who both did a fine job. But I want Jones back in there snuffing shit out in the flats and sitting in those throwing lanes.
I was excited to see him reading and filling and his ability to get out to the sidelines on both the run support and passing game.

If this team could be completely healthy the last three weeks they’d be a hard out for anyone.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Play just like last night and we have a very good shot against anybody we come up against. That's a tall order though that was an exceptional game, we can do it just going to take that effort from 46 guys and coaches.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
If TLew was playing he could just give Gronk the crazy eyes! Take him out of his game.

the-new-guy.gif

busted.jpg

Attachments

• busted.jpg
    busted.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 43

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I feel reeeeaaaaallllly good about this matchup.

Which worries me.

Because I didn't feel overly confident last night. A 9ers hangover, more than anything else.

Man.. Philly got to Brady 4 times?
The Rams were 3rd in the nfl in sacks... Philly was second to last. The Rams should feast this week.

SWAdude

And don't call me Shirley
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
John
I believe at this point it is anybodys championship to win.

And we see a clear path today.

GO RAMS!!!