Bears Trade Bennett to Cheaters

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Seriously do other teams really enjoy making the freaking Patriots better???...Hope the Bears lose every damn game now!...Bastards!

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Bennett and a sixth(low 6) for a fourth(late). I would have given a fourth straight up for him. They basically gave nothing in return.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
How big of a cancer could this guy have been, that after 18 months, all you could get in return is moving up basically 40 draft slots in the middle rounds?

image.jpeg

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Isn't he a clone of Cook in many ways? And I don't mean the good ones.

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
I just find it amazing EVERY time the Patsies make a move, everyone seems to think they've outsmarted the other team.

Honestly, the Cooper trade sucked for both teams, and I have mentioned that before. This trade is no exception. Will Bennett put up decent numbers? Maybe, but a guy with his demeanor and attitude this far into his career is hard to change. Color me not impressed. They will score and make it deep into playoffs like they always do, and people will tug on his nuts and praise bellicheat, but I'm not impressed. He'll be gone next year after putting up decent numbers.

I like what we've done, and that includes staying away from this cancer.

... Just need to land Wentz, which something tells me we will, sign/draft a couple more offensive pieces and we are ready to rock!

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
So many people on here are so butthurt when it comes to the Patriots. I mean I get it to an extent but after a while it just sounds petty and pathetic.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So many people on here are so butthurt when it comes to the Patriots. I mean I get it to an extent but after a while it just sounds petty and pathetic.

I'm not asking for much. Just that they be given the equivalent of the NCAA death penalty for cheating in a Super Bowl - actually, likely multiple Super Bowl's, between the filming scandal, the headset scandal, deflategate, never investigated but many rumors about them using players on IR in practices to spell healthy veterans late in the season, etc.

Until they are properly punished, they are evil incarnate, especially since ALL of the key participants are still there.

It's not petty - cheating to win undermines the entire sport. I can accept losing because another team is better, or another team just gets the bounces. Not for systematic, very well organized cheating, which is clearly the case for the Patriots. Yes, they do things well within the rules too - but they without a doubt don't feel constrained by the rules.

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
I'm not asking for much. Just that they be given the equivalent of the NCAA death penalty for cheating in a Super Bowl - actually, likely multiple Super Bowl's, between the filming scandal, the headset scandal, deflategate, never investigated but many rumors about them using players on IR in practices to spell healthy veterans late in the season, etc.

Until they are properly punished, they are evil incarnate, especially since ALL of the key participants are still there.

It's not petty - cheating to win undermines the entire sport. I can accept losing because another team is better, or another team just gets the bounces. Not for systematic, very well organized cheating, which is clearly the case for the Patriots. Yes, they do things well within the rules too - but they without a doubt don't feel constrained by the rules.

Jesus people are never going to let Deflategate end. To act like letting minimal amounts of air out of your team's footballs is going to affect the outcome of a game is so unlettered. That isn't even mentioning the fact that no one seems to have conclusive proof of it. Everyone says the Patriots cheat all the time but for the most part they have very little evidence to show for it.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Jesus people are never going to let Deflategate end. To act like letting minimal amounts of air out of your team's footballs is going to affect the outcome of a game is so unlettered. That isn't even mentioning the fact that no one seems to have conclusive proof of it. Everyone says the Patriots cheat all the time but for the most part they have very little evidence to show for it.

Yeah, except that the balls were deflated, and the guy alone with the balls had the nickname "The Deflator" and that after Brady lobbied to have teams have control of the balls and the change was approved the Patriots' fumble rate dropped at a rate far higher than could be explained by normal statistical variance - became the lowest in the league by far.

I notice you didn't address all the other accusations of cheating, btw.

Don't be naive, in other words.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

These are the reasons people defend that scum of a team.

Everybody does it, the offenses were so minor it wouldn't have given them an advantage, they would have won anyway, you're just jealous.

We've heard them all before. No need to rehash them. The fact is they are an organisation that systematically cheats ever since bellyfat arrived. That's why they are despised by most fans.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
Once a Cheater, always a Cheatriot.
Facts are facts that go with multiple and convincing violations (misconduct amongst ethics of the Game and so much more). To summarize lightly.

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
Yeah, except that the balls were deflated, and the guy alone with the balls had the nickname "The Deflator" and that after Brady lobbied to have teams have control of the balls and the change was approved the Patriots' fumble rate dropped at a rate far higher than could be explained by normal statistical variance - became the lowest in the league by far.

I notice you didn't address all the other accusations of cheating, btw.

Don't be naive, in other words.

https://www.sciencenews.org/blog/culture-beaker/deflategate-favored-foul-play-over-science

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/05/06/finally-the-halftime-psi-numbers-are-known/

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/05/14/questions-remain-about-colts-footballs-at-halftime/

Read up on your stuff before you call someone naive. I'm not stupid and I know the facts. The lower air pressure in the balls is easily explained by science. The reason the Pats' balls were under inflated is the same reason 75% of the tested Colts' balls were under inflated, exposure to colder temperature and the elements. Brady sets his football at the minimum 12.5 PSI so any drop due to exposure to weather automatically makes the pressure fall below the limit.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
https://www.sciencenews.org/blog/culture-beaker/deflategate-favored-foul-play-over-science

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/05/06/finally-the-halftime-psi-numbers-are-known/

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/05/14/questions-remain-about-colts-footballs-at-halftime/

Read up on your stuff before you call someone naive. I'm not stupid and I know the facts. The lower air pressure in the balls is easily explained by science. The reason the Pats' balls were under inflated is the same reason 75% of the tested Colts' balls were under inflated, exposure to colder temperature and the elements. Brady sets his football at the minimum 12.5 PSI so any drop due to exposure to weather automatically makes the pressure fall below the limit.

Of course, those articles are basing interpretations on the best case for the Patriots

http://www.politifact.com/punditfact/article/2015/jun/22/deflategate-and-limits-science/

i.e. only if the Colts' balls were tested in the best case for them not losing pressure, and the Patriots' balls were tested in the worst case for them losing pressure, do the interpretations stand. Which if there were zero other evidence, might be fine. But there's still the texts, of course. Oh, and the fumble evidence. http://www.sharpfootballanalysis.co...iots-mysteriously-became-fumble-proof-in-2007

Where the Patriots suddenly and drastically cut their fumble rate after they had control of their balls - one of the basic predictions of what would happen if one team got to play with under inflated balls.

And you still haven't addressed all the other cheating claims.

Oh, and before whining about being called naive, maybe you shouldn't call people who disagree with you "petty and pathetic". Just a basic internet tip.

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
Of course, those articles are basing interpretations on the best case for the Patriots

http://www.politifact.com/punditfact/article/2015/jun/22/deflategate-and-limits-science/

i.e. only if the Colts' balls were tested in the best case for them not losing pressure, and the Patriots' balls were tested in the worst case for them losing pressure, do the interpretations stand. Which if there were zero other evidence, might be fine. But there's still the texts, of course. Oh, and the fumble evidence. http://www.sharpfootballanalysis.co...iots-mysteriously-became-fumble-proof-in-2007

Where the Patriots suddenly and drastically cut their fumble rate after they had control of their balls - one of the basic predictions of what would happen if one team got to play with under inflated balls.

And you still haven't addressed all the other cheating claims.

Oh, and before whining about being called naive, maybe you shouldn't call people who disagree with you "petty and pathetic". Just a basic internet tip.

And maybe you should work on basic reading comprehension. I never called anyone "petty and pathetic." I said the complaining about the Patriots, after a while, SOUNDS petty and pathetic. In this sentence "petty" and "pathetic" are adverbs for "complaining."

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And maybe you should work on basic reading comprehension. I never called anyone "petty and pathetic." I said the complaining about the Patriots, after a while, SOUNDS petty and pathetic. In this sentence "petty" and "pathetic" are adverbs for "complaining."

Yeah. On the internet, on a thread where people are complaining about the Patriots' cheating, saying that the complaining "sounds" petty and pathetic IS labeling the complainers. More evidence of naivety. In the future, before complaining about reading comprehension, maybe grasp what language in real use typically means. Or just stop digging yourself a deeper hole.

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
Yeah. On the internet, on a thread where people are complaining about the Patriots' cheating, saying that the complaining "sounds" petty and pathetic IS labeling the complainers. More evidence of naivety. In the future, before complaining about reading comprehension, maybe grasp what language in real use typically means. Or just stop digging yourself a deeper hole.

If you say something incorrect or downright dumb and I say that what you just said is stupid that isn't the same as saying you yourself are stupid. A critique can be made on someone's speech without that equating to a critique of the individual. I also didn't aim that post at any one person. We can argue semantics all day long.

As far as the Patriots go there is a lot of misleading information out there when it comes to Deflategate. I know the science behind why the balls were under inflated. I know if you put those same balls in a 72 degree room they would be back inside the appropriate margin. I also recognize the hypocrisy of the League to demonize the Pats when the Colts' balls were just as under inflated.