BDS

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
Bradford Deranged Syndrome

People have differing opinions about Bradford, and that's fine. However, over the years I, personally, have accused some, NOT ALL, of actually not being Rams fans.

And that's fine, they don't have to be. But, if they claim they are, but have so much hate for Bradford it makes their claim of being a Rams fan dubious.

Here is one example from another board:
"I have had "NFL Ticket" since its inception in order to watch Rams' games, but if we go into the season relying on Bradford as our starting QB, I will not renew"

So, I can speak for myself, I was a Rams fan in 1982, 1991 and all the way through the Linny and Spags era. If Rams got into the season with Bradford I will still be a fan. If Sam is cut or hurt again, I will still watch. It will not be pleasant like it was from 1999-2004 or so. . . but I will watch.

Also, to preempt some of the "fans" that will agree with the quote, I don't expect anyone to watch anything they don't want to. But, don't try to say you are a big-time Rams fan, to the extent you will post on a Rams-only board.

I think there are more than a few people like this, but they are the minority. Most want the Rams to do well, and if it is Sam, great, if it is someone else, also great. I happen to like Sam, but if he's gone I will not dislike the Rams because of that.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
And more, not necessarily to Bradford,

"For that very reason except it was Bulger. When it was clear the Rams weren't looking to at least bring in someone to challenge Bulger I cancelled my nfl ticket. They went 1-15 that season

I'm telling you this is the same thing and honestly it is stunning how many people are loyal to such an average player who has done nothing

But it won't last much longer.. You'll see"

This one who has hated both Bradford and Bulger. Now, as to Bradford, he's admitting he's not seen Bradford much, only on national TV, but claims to know that Bradford cannot read defenses, cannot do this, cannot do that.

All based on reading statistics. In time, the truth outs. Critics are often stat watchers who do not watch games as is the case with this poster from another board.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Well, tell him to go fuck himself and then remind him that nobody here cares about his tv watching habits.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Bradford could throw for 6,500 yards and 80 touchdowns with 0 picks every season for the next ten years and people would still complain and him getting hurt or the 3 or 4 bad games he's had. He's the Tony Romo of the Rams.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Well, tell him to go freak himself and then remind him that nobody here cares about his tv watching habits.
OR ASK HIM TO DO THE FORMER AND POST IT ON YOUTUBE

V3

Hall of Fame
Bradford Deranged Syndrome

People have differing opinions about Bradford, and that's fine. However, over the years I, personally, have accused some, NOT ALL, of actually not being Rams fans.

And that's fine, they don't have to be. But, if they claim they are, but have so much hate for Bradford it makes their claim of being a Rams fan dubious.

Here is one example from another board:
"I have had "NFL Ticket" since its inception in order to watch Rams' games, but if we go into the season relying on Bradford as our starting QB, I will not renew"

So, I can speak for myself, I was a Rams fan in 1982, 1991 and all the way through the Linny and Spags era. If Rams got into the season with Bradford I will still be a fan. If Sam is cut or hurt again, I will still watch. It will not be pleasant like it was from 1999-2004 or so. . . but I will watch.

Also, to preempt some of the "fans" that will agree with the quote, I don't expect anyone to watch anything they don't want to. But, don't try to say you are a big-time Rams fan, to the extent you will post on a Rams-only board.

I think there are more than a few people like this, but they are the minority. Most want the Rams to do well, and if it is Sam, great, if it is someone else, also great. I happen to like Sam, but if he's gone I will not dislike the Rams because of that.
I don't see a problem with them not renewing their season tickets. If they don't have faith in the most important player not performing and essentially guaranteeing another losing season, they may feel it's a waste of money to renew.

If they won't even watch on TV, then I can see your point.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter

This topic will not end well. Why? Because you're implying that those who don't approve of Sam Bradford as a QB for the Rams are either "haters" or may not actually be Rams fans. If I'm misreading you then please explain.

I'm a fan of the team, not of any one player. If someone comes along and does a better job than him and for less money, I'm all for it. Any Rams fan should agree that whatever's best for the team is the way to go. Otherwise they might be deranged. BDS swings both ways. See how that works? ;)

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I was a Rams fan when Bradford was still swimming in his Daddy's nuts.

So I don't give a feck if he is the Rams QB forever, or next year, or never again. It won't change a thing for me.

Just sayin'..........

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
I don't see a problem with them not renewing their season tickets. If they don't have faith in the most important player not performing and essentially guaranteeing another losing season, they may feel it's a waste of money to renew.

If they won't even watch on TV, then I can see your point.

If someone cancels season tickets because the product no longer satisfies them, fine. No problem, I commend them. And if they don't want Sunday Ticket or replay, no problem at all.

But, if they say, and these guys have, that Bradford cannot do A, B, or C and have not had Sunday ticket since 2009 they are basing their Bradford bashing on nothing. That is my only point, really. If they'd admit they base their analysis on stat sheets, that would be fine, but they don't see enough games to address fundamental flaws they percieve in Sam's game.

The more broad point is if they made it through the 15-65 Linny/Spags era , then what is so bad about the Fish era?

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
I was a Rams fan when Bradford was still swimming in his Daddy's nuts.

So I don't give a feck if he is the Rams QB forever, or next year, or never again. It won't change a thing for me.

Just sayin'..........
Bradford's Dad was doing the backstroke in my case.

WestCoastRam

Legend
When the Rams have a good season, I'm more likely to catch every game. When the Rams have a bad season (usually get a sense by mid-season), I begin to miss games. Gosh, I never thought I could be all black and white about it and just not watch them. ;)

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I don't really see the point in evaluating other peoples fandom or what their motives are for watching and/or rooting for the Rams or any other team.

I root for the team that I consider represents me. I try not to get wrapped up in the players personal beliefs. If there is a player that I don't like, either because of their skill/ability or otherwise I still root for the team. If others feel like they need to believe in or like the guys wearing the jerseys on a more personal basis, so be it.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I so want Bradford to put it all together next season and stay healthy but I just about hold my breath every time he drops back now. This coming season will be even worse. I'm going to need Xanax for this year's pre season games.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
This topic will not end well. Why? Because you're implying that those who don't approve of Sam Bradford as a QB for the Rams are either "haters" or may not actually be Rams fans. If I'm misreading you then please explain.

I'm a fan of the team, not of any one player. If someone comes along and does a better job than him and for less money, I'm all for it. Any Rams fan should agree that whatever's best for the team is the way to go. Otherwise they might be deranged. BDS swings both ways. See how that works? ;)
It does not have to end badly. You have 100% misread it. And you made my point by posting, "Any Rams fan should agree that whatever's best for the team is the way to go". The offending posts, that were from another site and used as an example so as to not offend anyone here. And my point was simple, there are some, who have what I term Bradford Deranged Syndrome posts that if Sam is the plan they won't watch Rams games. I, on the otherhand, said I've supported Rams through thick and thin, in 1982, 1991, 2007-2011. And if Sam is not the Qb i will still be a fan.

So, no, BDS does not work both ways because no one who supports Rams is a Bradford-only fan. They are Rams fans who have defended Sam against a lot of attacks. I think you couldn't have been more obtuse in your understanding.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
This sounds much like PMS ,pissed at Martz syndrome that effected a number of fans and FO personnel after we lost a SB, symptoms included but were not in total, watery eyes ,big veins standing out on forehead, elevated liver enzymes, rectal bleeding , a compelling need to masturbate. Although not fatal it is very painful and has been observed in a few cases to cause low sperm count. There is no known cure but has been put into remission by clicking ones heals together three times and chanting ZYYYGMUNNNTS A PUTZ three times a day for two weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.