Barron Played Awesome

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame
16 tackles, assisted on a forced fumble (a TO), and layed at least one huge hit on Josh. I just love the idea of Barron, JL55, and Tree' as our starting LB'ers in the playoffs. With the DL being so disruptive, those speedy LB'ers can flow cleanly and are great in pass protection. This is one nasty defense we are forming, fellas.

Barron is what Ray Ray Armstrong was suppose to develope into. His ceiling was the level Barron is playing at. That LB/SS hybrid is what great defenses are turning towards these day. Tree' is close to that, too. DT/DE hybrids are becoming more common (Westbrooks---had a really good). And we already know many teams have DE/LB hybrids. Pretty fascinating the direction great defenses are going towards.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
It's sorta crazy to think Barron could actually be BETTER then Alec. He puts up identical stats and IMO hits harder. How talented is this D at full strength?

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Plus Ogletree will be back by the later part of the season. Making our 4-3 base defense look like a 4-2-5 also gives OCs headaches because of role ambiguity with the LB/SS. Glad Barron joined us as he would've struggled in Lovie's Tampa 2 (who the fuck even runs that as a base defense anymore?)

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Seemed to give up quite a bit of passes in his coverage, unfortunately. But he played pretty well.

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Also gotta give JL55 a shout out. I don't recall in stoning running backs that much in the past. I've seen him do it the last two weeks. It was always maybe his biggest weakness. He may be playing his best ball right now. Captain James keeps earning his pay check.

FRO

Legend
Pay the man. He is a niche player that fits this system. Not sure he is a fit with many other teams. We have a studly defense.

ItsonTavon

Rookie
Name
Erick
I don't want to toot my own horn but.. I did vote Barron on the wanting to keep thread.

Then again Jenkins also is playing better. Just Barron is a steal if you can get a low contract.

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I don't want to toot my own horn but.. I did vote Barron on the wanting to keep thread.

Then again Jenkins also is playing better. Just Barron is a steal if you can get a low contract.

Well, a player's value always goes up after you win a Super Bowl. Good thing we have that additional second round pick and likely will not be giving up that fourth rounder. :yess:

Orchid

Starter
Name
Obert
Seem to remember another point in time (GSOT) when we had to make decisions about who to keep or not and which young guys to roll with.

Wonder how we will do this time. I hope a lot better.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
16 tackles, assisted on a forced fumble (a TO), and layed at least one huge hit on Josh. I just love the idea of Barron, JL55, and Tree' as our starting LB'ers in the playoffs. With the DL being so disruptive, those speedy LB'ers can flow cleanly and are great in pass protection. This is one nasty defense we are forming, fellas.

Barron is what Ray Ray Armstrong was suppose to develope into. His ceiling was the level Barron is playing at. That LB/SS hybrid is what great defenses are turning towards these day. Tree' is close to that, too. DT/DE hybrids are becoming more common (Westbrooks---had a really good). And we already know many teams have DE/LB hybrids. Pretty fascinating the direction great defenses are going towards.
It's sorta crazy to think Barron could actually be BETTER then Alec. He puts up identical stats and IMO hits harder. How talented is this D at full strength?
I can't find anyway to argue with " Flawless thinking!!"(y)(y):grouphug:

Orchid

Starter
Name
Obert

• Stop with the "low ball the players talk".
  • Teams ditch players all the time because of money not performance.
  • If you are a player with leverage, I say use it.

jjab360

Legend
Seem to remember another point in time (GSOT) when we had to make decisions about who to keep or not and which young guys to roll with.

Wonder how we will do this time. I hope a lot better.
Thanks to Demoff we might be in good enough cap position where we can keep almost all of them.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Lets hope that Mark Barron realizes that no other team in the NFL fits him better than the Rams defense. Barron is a liability in pass defense but place him up close to that LOS and turn him loose magic happens.

Yes it will be interesting to see if Ogletree returns later this season if Gregg refuses to bench Barron and then goes with a JL-Tree-Barron LB'ing trio.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
Barron and McDonald both had a great game. By far and away the hardest hitters on the team. Fucking Mack trucks.

A55VA6

Legend
He's played great... becoming a big part of the D.

Looking into the future - we have Jenkins, Johnson, McLeod, and Barron all becoming FA's. Hope we can keep them all somehow... or at least 3 of them.