Barrett Jones may practice tomorrow...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
@HBalzer721: Rams reported rookie OL Barrett Jones passing his physical Sunday. Should be available for practice Monday, perhaps limited.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
That's good news. I have a feeling we'll need'm.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Wow. I was watching him today vs. LSU. He's a damn fine center that's for sure. I can't wait to watch him more.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
We have only 2 starters over 29 yrs old. Wells and Dahl at 32. Jones will be replacing one of them very soon.

This is one young squad.

jap

Legend
I'm pretty sure Professor Bou knows he needs to get Barrett ready to fill in where needed. They should ease him into the active hitting and eventually ramp up his training, depending on his fine native intelligence.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
jap said:
I'm pretty sure Professor Bou knows he needs to get Barrett ready to fill in where needed. They should ease him into the active hitting and eventually ramp up his training, depending on his fine native intelligence.

I agree and expect they will ease him in, as they should.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
I would love to see him starting by the end of the year, on merit not because of injury

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
X said:
That's good news. I have a feeling we'll need'm.
We will.
Love the versatility. Get 'em on the field already! :bg:

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Barrett Jones is as valuable to this team as Tavon Austin is. This is very good news! Fully healthy Barrett is an immediate upgrade of reserve talent not seen in a Ram uni in a very very long time. The OL reserves without him are UDFA's, released discards from other teams. With the health history of the Ram starters Snead & Fisher should have drafted at least 2 other talented OL'ers just like him in this yrs draft.

Center is not a strong position for us in spite of the large amount of cap $$ invested @ this time & the past play history of Wells. I also find myself somewhat surprised that Snead & Fisher's best hope to improve the play @ OLG is in two former other NFL team discards. Williams did finally contribute very late last yr @ ORG when he was sharing the post. That was CW first time playing @ ORG. In the past 4 yrs he had spent all his time @ shifting from OLT to OLG to ORT then back to OLG then got released from his play @ OLG. Barrett Could also figure in here too if Smith & Williams have mental breakdowns.

Do I need to stress the ton of pressure that is on Paul Boudreau in jelling this 2013 Ram OL with three new starters @ three OL posts. In fact last yr the Rams best center who remained healthy & Rams main center who played that post all of TC & most of all pre season & started 9 games @ center & most of 3/4 quarters of the 10th game was a center not named Scott Wells but Robert Turner. Thank goodness that Barrett time is about to begin.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Good to hear that he is cleared for action. Rookies need as much prep time as they can get. I was worried that he was going to miss significant time.

SaneRamsFan

Rookie
I thought Jones was our best value pick. It would be great to have him up to speed enough that he can contribute as soon as needed, and training camp is an integral part of being able to do that.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
I loved the Jones pick and so glad he is about to be in TC! I have a feeling we are going to need him sometime this year...