Banned Williams allowed to pursue coaching jobs

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

News Bot

01001000 01101001
Name
News Bot
By The Sports Xchange
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/banned-wil ... --nfl.html

Suspended defensive coordinator Gregg Williams is allowed to pursue an NFL coaching job, though commissioner Roger Goodell plans to review his reinstatement should he find one, according to an NFL.com report.

Williams has been suspended indefinitely for his role in the New Orleans Saints' "bounty" scandal. He was hired last offseason as defensive coordinator for the St. Louis Rams, but won't return there, a Rams source told NFL.com's Albert Breer.

Eight new head coaches will be filling out staffs around the league, but the fact Goodell would still need to render a decision on reinstatement may keep teams away.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
What the hell is THAT? Uh... you can coach again - just so long as it is the team I want you coaching. Is that what I'm reading? Really?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
RamFan503 said:
What the hell is THAT? Uh... you can coach again - just so long as it is the team I want you coaching. Is that what I'm reading? Really?
Pretty much. Go look for a job, and then I'll decide if you can take it.

wtf? :???:

UnknownREknown

Well-unKnown Member
How bout rotoworld saying Jim Thomas is hearing there's some " under the radar" guys getting some consideration for an interview as DC? Surely Lovie can't go without a job this year right??!!!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
UnknownREknown said:
How bout rotoworld saying Jim Thomas is hearing there's some " under the radar" guys getting some consideration for an interview as DC? Surely Lovie can't go without a job this year right??!!!
Well, he does want another head coaching gig, and said he would hold out if he didn't get one. So my question is this. IF he was hired on as defensive coordinator for the Rams, how long would he really be here? I'm sure every year thereafter he'd be interviewing for another HC gig. And he'd get one pretty quick too. I kinda hope Fisher either promotes from within, or gets himself an up-and-coming hotshot college DC who can stick around for a few years on the Rams while making a name for himself. That way we can continue to run the same system and groom a successor at the same time.

I'm all about that continuity, yo. :cool: