Baldy's Breakdowns: Aaron Donald vs Quenton Nelson

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Q729

Legend
Awesome shit. But god dammit, just irritates me no one else can do shit when they got extra bodies on AD.

CanadaRam

No guts, No glory.
Name
Andrew
Hate to say it, but from what was shown, Donald dominated when lining up against the other 4 Colts Olinemen, but against Nelson, I would give Nelson the nod.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Awesome shit. But god dammit, just irritates me no one else can do shit when they got extra bodies on AD.
AD is doing so much that doesn't show on the stat sheets. It's games like this when TJ Watt homers say, "AD didn't do anything! But Watt got a sack!" Fark off...

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hate to say it, but from what was shown, Donald dominated when lining up against the other 4 Colts Olinemen, but against Nelson, I would give Nelson the nod.
Even Nelson got help, tho...

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave

That was Nelson's lowest graded performance in his career, according to PFF. It's certainly no knock, the kid is a badass. But it didn't matter if Nelson or someone else was across from Donald, whovever it was was getting help.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
I watched that and came to the same conclusion! The rest of our D line is ineffective even though AD is taking on half or more of the O linemen. You can actually see our other D linemen standing around watching AD play.
We need to get him some actual help on the D line!

TexasRam

Legend
I watched that and came to the same conclusion! The rest of our D line is ineffective even though AD is taking on half or more of the O linemen. You can actually see our other D linemen standing around watching AD play.
That’s not entirely true. SJD had a sack on a great move. Floyd’s sack was due to his amazing closing speed.

I mean I get your point. When compared to Donald none get consistent pressure. But the Colts have some top notch lineman. Nelson, Fisher and Kelly.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
The play at 3:45 ish? Baldi says he doesn't know how AD didn't get the sack there. Unless Wentz was outside the tackle or I'm missing something that was intentional grounding? I only watched it once because I'm making cake with my kids, so maybe I'm missing something.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
He had his best season with Suh on the line. They need another dominant rusher and Robinson is not looking like the guy. Unfortunate. They already seem to be missing Brockers and Fox.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
The play at 3:45 ish? Baldi says he doesn't know how AD didn't get the sack there. Unless Wentz was outside the tackle or I'm missing something that was intentional grounding? I only watched it once because I'm making cake with my kids, so maybe I'm missing something.
That was IG... he wasn't throwing it to anyone just trying to avoid a sack, plus he was outside the hash... and then Donald turned his ankles into hash. :ROFLMAO:

On the hold, yeah too obvious, if you had to cheat you really didn't win. I agree good lineman though.

TexasRam

Legend
Donalds strength is otherworldly. He just knocks big men off their spot like he's 500 lbs of muscle.

Then you have his quickness. lol it's not fair.

Nelson did an admirable job vs the first Donald move but within 1 second Donald is loose, unless they double teamed him.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
Is geno Atkins still available if he is id love add him. He could help with the rush and with hollins and flood that be a nice get. I'm sure the dude wants to win