Baldur's Gate III

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Anyone else playing it? I have to hand it to this studio... Baldur's Gate II was one of the greatest games of its era and one I played the hell out of back in the day. And this new release is outstanding so far. Still in that first act but damn.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
My whole fam is a DND fam and one of my best friends really wants me to play.

I’m not sure… but I’m considering it. Especially considering it because Diablo 4 has been such a disappointment

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
That’s a BioWare game, right? I’m huge into Mass Effect (even liked Andromeda…ironically enough more than the main game trilogy) and Dragon Age (have yet to play further than One and a tiny bit of 2, but I have all three games.) Never played Knights of the Old Republic, but I hear that’s good as well.

Psycho_X

Legend
That’s a BioWare game, right? I’m huge into Mass Effect (even liked Andromeda…ironically enough more than the main game trilogy) and Dragon Age (have yet to play further than One and a tiny bit of 2, but I have all three games.) Never played Knights of the Old Republic, but I hear that’s good as well.
No, unfortunately Bioware is mostly a joke these days (they did make the first two though). It's made by Larian Studios who are the peeps that made Divinity Original Sin and Divinity Original Sin 2 which are great games. BG3 is basically taking the Divinity Sin platform and turning it into DnD 5e rules. I'm really enjoying it so far on a Bard and am also still in act 1.

RamFanInPC

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Going to give it a try. I played more hours of BG I and II than any other game so hoping this does not disappoint.

Psycho_X

Legend
Some random thoughts so far... mostly about my party comp and the characters in your party so no story spoilers really...

My base party I'm using now is myself (Bard), Lae'Zel, Wyll, and Shadowheart. Do pretty well so far. Bard I mostly buff, debuff, and CC. Lae'Zel obviously runs into the fight and murders people, Wyll I have running with a casted magical greatsword and slinging damaging attacks, and Shadow the obvious heal/buff bot mostly. I do have dagger cloud on Bard which is pretty damn nice for both damage and influencing battlefield by blocking pathways for enemies to force them around or through it. Sleep spell is invaluable.

Astarion - find this guy annoying as hell and haven't played with him. I feel like if I look the wrong way he'll sneak up on me and start dry humping me any second.

Gale - I started with him in group but he kind of annoyed me too and now wants "things" from me that I don't want to give him lol. Will leave it at that. Once I got Wyll he was replaced.

Haven't met anyone else yet and I know there's at least a couple more companions.

My only complaint is it seems Shadowheart is basically who you're stuck romancing with unless you want to be thrown around by Lae'Zel like her personal sex doll lmao. Or are into the dudes which nothing wrong with that but not my cup of tea.

Overall, story has me engaged and I'm enjoying exploring every nook and cranny of the game.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah I detest Astarion. First he attacks you when you first meet him and then he tries to bite you in camp later on. So what I do is allow him in the party early on, then I kill him when he tries to bite me because by that time there are enough other options.

Also Gale is great in every way except he wants to devour magic items which irritates me. Also if you're talking about romance options this game is designed for all companions to be attracted to the player character so you gotta be careful with the dudes in the dialogue options.

Wait till you get the Tiefling barbarian. She's a brick shithouse with a great attitude.

Always clear the crypt first so you get the undead dude for your camp too. Then you can have him resurrect henchmen to fill out your party if you want a specific class type.

Lastly you know that Cambion in the first scenes, the one fighting the mind flayer... He drops a ridiculous 2h flaming sword.

Psycho_X

Legend
Yeah I detest Astarion. First he attacks you when you first meet him and then he tries to bite you in camp later on. So what I do is allow him in the party early on, then I kill him when he tries to bite me because by that time there are enough other options.

Also Gale is great in every way except he wants to devour magic items which irritates me. Also if you're talking about romance options this game is designed for all companions to be attracted to the player character so you gotta be careful with the dudes in the dialogue options.

Wait till you get the Tiefling barbarian. She's a brick shithouse with a great attitude.

Always clear the crypt first so you get the undead dude for your camp too. Then you can have him resurrect henchmen to fill out your party if you want a specific class type.

Lastly you know that Cambion in the first scenes, the one fighting the mind flayer... He drops a ridiculous 2h flaming sword.
I was tempted to kill him when he tried to bite me and I probably should have. I thought I'd see where his story goes my first run through. If/when I play this on another run through I'm killing him on the spot.

Yeah the artifact thing annoyed me so I benched him to try out Wyll who I really enjoyed so will probably stay that route. And yes everyone is a little too horny in this game lol.

Haven't met the Tiefling yet. Lae'Zel is kind of annoying so will probably replace her with Barbarian if she's less so. The undead guy I got but haven't used henchmen yet. Wanted to use original characters my first playthrough.

Was wondering if it was worth trying to fight that guy in beginning. Will definitely do that the next time.