Av’s 7 Round Rams Mock

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
Here’s my effort.

NOTE: I don’t do trades.

For Days 1 and 2, I’ve included first alternates (at the same positions as the players I selected).

1 (19) Terrion Arnold, CB, Alabama
Every time I mock the first 18 picks, I find myself taking the top three EDGE rushers (Dallas Turner, Jared Verse, Liatu Latu) off the board. So, rather than reaching, I’m continuing the Rams’ apparent strategy of bolstering the defense from the back end forward. Arnold is a great fit, as he can excel in man or zone, is a good tackler, and (based upon an interview I heard him give on NFL.com) is very confident and passionate about the game. First Alternate: Cooper DeJean, CB, Iowa

2 (52) Braden Fiske, DT, Florida State
As it is not a particularly deep class at DT, this might be too late to grab Fiske, who put on a great show at the Combine. He is a solid all-around player who would provide some pass rush punch on the DL, complimenting Kobe Turner. First Alternate: Kris Jenkins, DT, Michigan

3 (83) Austin Booker, EDGE, Kansas
The Rams need depth on the front 7, so I’m back to the well here with Booker. He strikes me as a “better than his measurables” kind of prospect. We’ve certainly done well with guys who fit that description before. First Alternate: Jonah Elliss, EDGE, Utah

3 (98) Jalen McMillan, WR, Washington
The Rams finally turn to the offensive side of the ball and add a crafty slot receiver who could be an understudy to Cooper Kupp. McMillan had a knack for getting open on 3rd down and converting. Sound familiar? First Alternate: Ricky Pearsall, WR, Florida

5 (153) Jaylan Ford, LB, Texas
A tackling machine who could be an upgrade over Christian Rozeboom playing inside with Ernest Jones.

5 (154) Dylan Laube, RB, New Hampshire
Arguably the best receiving RB in the draft, he is also an underrated runner and can return punts and kicks. A Senior Bowl standout.

6 (195) Tanor Bortolini, C, Wisconsin
The Rams currently don’t have any depth behind Steve Avila at center. Bortolini played the position in his final year of college, and also brings some position versatility, having played OG and RT, and is a solid pass blocker.

6 (209) Joshua Karty, PK, Stanford
And, hopefully, that’s the last time we’ll have to worry about the PK position for at least four years!

6 (213) Jordan Jefferson, DT, LSU
Some depth behind Bobby Brown. Jefferson has good size and can be a an effective run defender on the inside.

6 (217) Nathan Thomas, OT, Louisiana
Another depth selection. Thomas has extensive experience at the LT spot. Probably not a high ceiling, but a high floor who can fill in if needed.

7 (254) Daequan Hardy, CB/PR, Penn State
Hardy is mostly a special teams selection, and could become our punt returner as a rookie. His ability as a slot corner means he won’t be a wasted roster spot.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
FIRST !!!!!!!!
Tell him what he’s won, George…
George Costanza Seinfeld GIF

André

Always far too invested
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I would be pleased with that draft, absolutely.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
Apparently Dejean can also return punts? lots of highlights of him doing so.
But we def need a shut-down corner at 19.
That RB would be a nice complement to Kyren.
Smart pick-up on the C from WI.
.....no prize???? :'-(

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I love it....my hope is one of the three edge rushers fall to us at 19, but it's good to see how it might go if that doesn't happen

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
Apparently Dejean can also return punts? lots of highlights of him doing so.
But we def need a shut-down corner at 19.
That RB would be a nice complement to Kyren.
Smart pick-up on the C from WI.
.....no prize???? :'-(
DeJean absolutely can return punts, but I think he’d be deemed too valuable to risk in that role.

As for a prize…when you die…on your death bed…you will receive total consciousness.

So you’ve got that going for you…which is nice.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
I like Fiske in the 2nd, but I still think we have to do what it takes to get an EDGE in the first.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
I like Fiske in the 2nd, but I still think we have to do what it takes to get an EDGE in the first.
Do you think there is an EDGE worth taking at No. 19 other than the top 3 guys?

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I would love that but I don't see Braden Fiske lasting to #52 overall.

Fiske had a great Senior Bowl week, followed-up by an outstanding Combine. Could see Fiske being selected in the 1st Round. and not falling beyond the early 2nd Round.

But being forever hopeful, give me one of the top-3 Edge or Cornerbacks in Round 1, and Fiske in Round 2!

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
I would love that but I don't see Braden Fiske lasting to #52 overall.

Fiske had a great Senior Bowl week, followed-up by an outstanding Combine. Could see Fiske being selected in the 1st Round. and not falling beyond the early 2nd Round.

But being forever hopeful, give me one of the top-3 Edge or Cornerbacks in Round 1, and Fiske in Round 2!
He's not a great pass rusher so there is a chance he falls to us.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
Is that a religious thing?
LOL. No…just feel like using trades in a mock inevitably becomes a cheat code.

I guess you could say I’m a mock draft puritan, of sorts.

Hmmm… that does sound a bit religious!