Av’s 2023 Rams Draft Board (Version 1.0)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
This is my initial Rams Draft Board for 2023.

Two important caveats.

First, players who are consensus Top 20 prospects are omitted, as this presumes that the Rams won’t be trading up.

Second, I have a definite position bias, which is resulting in my list having no QBs, WRs or ILBs.

With that, here is my initial Top 30 prospects for the Rams:

1. Joey Porter, Jr., CB, Penn State
2. John Michael Smith, C, Minnesota
3. O’Cyrus Torrence, OG, Florida
4. Darnell Wright, OT, Tennessee
5. Blake Freeland, OT, BYU
6. Luke Musgrave, TE, Oregon State
7. Andre Carter, EDGE, Army
8. Will McDonald, EDGE, Iowa State
9. Darnell Washington, TE, Georgia
10. Felix Anudike-Uzoma, EDGE, Kansas State
11. Jammie Robinson, S, Florida State
12. Christian Gonzalez, CB, Oregon
13. Mazi Smith, DT, Michigan
14. Eli Ricks, CB, Alabama
15. Julius Brents, CB, Kansas State
16. Sean Tucker, RB, Syracuse
17. Isaiah Foskey, EDGE, Notre Dame
18. B.J. Ojulari, EDGE, LSU
19. Zach Harrison, EDGE, Ohio State
20. Adetomiwa Adebawore, DL, Northwestern
21. Cody Mauch, OT, North Dakota State
22. Jordan Battle, S, Alabama
23. Jaylon Jones, CB, Texas A&M
24. Lucas Van Ness, EDGE, Iowa
25. Andre Vorhees, OT, USC
26. Zion Nelson, OT, Miami
27. Tyjae Spears, RB, Tulane
28. Tank Bigsby, RB, Auburn
29. Ricky Stromberg, C, Arkansas
30. Chase Brown, RB, Illinois

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
Not sure Schmitz makes it to the Rams in the 2nd, but it could be close. I’d say he might be the best pick for the Rams if shoring up the OL is their priority.

Another plug and play OL, Torrence might even be a better option. I know the Rams have several guys who can play Guard, but aren’t they mostly depth and development guys at this stage? If the Rams can land a true NFL caliber starter on that OL, suddenly it looks good AND deep.

Musgrave is very intriguing because I think his receiving game is something that would piqué McVay’s interest. My only concern is with so many starting jobs up for grabs, there’s really no reason to spend that first pick on someone who would NOT start, IMO. Running more 2 TE sets combined with the idea that Musgrave would overtake Higbee at some point during the season might justify the pick, though.

Several good Edge guys on your list who would be given a chance to start.

Again, no way the Rams should spend that high of a pick on anybody they DID NOT see as an instant starter. That, IMO, would be a mistake.