Avila signed ...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River

According to Spotrac, Steve Avila signed a 4 year, $9,252,710 contract with the Los Angeles Rams, including a $3,729,244 signing bonus, $7,442,150 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $2,313,178. In 2023, Avila will earn a base salary of $750,000 and a signing bonus of $3,729,244, while carrying a cap hit of $1,682,311 and a dead cap value of $7,442,150.

Appears "Mr. Irrelevant" Desjuan Johnson is also now under contract.

Last edited:

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
FO has a lot of confidence in the guy. Crazy how he hasn’t played an actual game yet. Hoping this won’t comeback to haunt us.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
FO has a lot of confidence in the guy. Crazy how he hasn’t played an actual game yet. Hoping this won’t comeback to haunt us.
I don’t understand your point. He is being paid pursuant to the rookie scale set by the CBA. Do you really think a 10% guarantee in year 4 is that big a deal?

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Signing draft choices to contracts used to be a stressful (for some teams) process, with some uncertainty as to timing. For years now, it has been little more than a formality. Players' contracts are slotted based upon where they were selected. Some teams try to fuck around with how the bonus is paid or allocated but these deals always get done; and almost always before camps open.

Now who is this Avila guy some of you are talking about?

Last edited:

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Isn't that a lower cap hit than Spotrac or OTC projected? IIRC, it was over 2.2 mil

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Jack Nicholson Yes GIF

oldnotdead

Legend
Steve has signed as a RG. He will be their RG this year and going into the future. He's been practicing at RG. They want him for his run blocking. When I heard they were looking at him as a permanent OG I assumed it was at LG. But McVay and Wendell like his run blocking and that is the side where your run blocking OG plays.

LG will be Jackson, Bruss, Shelton or McClendon the way it looks now. That said Logan Bruss could be in play to become the successor to Rob Havenstein at RT next year. Bruss played extremely well as a RT at Wisconsin, never giving up a sack. He's got good arm length and most of all good quick feet to mirror. Logan can play OG on either side and RT so he could end up the starter at LG.

If they play Jackson at LG then Bruss would be swing OT and projected to take over RT in 2024. I think McClendon will need a year to transition to OG. He gives them a swing OG/OT this year.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Yeah, have some of you somehow never heard about the rookie wage scale that has been in place for the past.... Oh, I dunno.... 12 years or so?? Haha...

RAMSinLA

Hall of Fame
The way I read this is the Rams are giving a rookie draft pick a 4 year contract, all I said was I hope the guy is worth all that. There... I made it real easy for you to understand this time I think....

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
The way I read this is the Rams are giving a rookie draft pick a 4 year contract, all I said was I hope the guy is worth all that. There... I made it real easy for you to understand this time I think....
That’s what all second round picks get under the rookie scale.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
All rookie draft picks receive a four year contract. No exceptions.

They can not be signed for less than four years, or more than four years. First round picks have a fifth year team option.