Available Internet Stream Sources for Rams|NFL Games?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jap

Legend
I believe there was an earlier discussion about this, although I believe the focus there was on television viewing. I don't have a TV, and I used my computer (MacBook Pro) to view virtually all video (news, TV shows|movies|documentaries, etc.).

With Homeland Security cracking down on pirating everywhere, does anyone know where one can find top quality (i.e., high definition [HD] or close to it) stream sources for NFL games. I am almost surprised the NFL hasn't jumped on an opportunity to provide commercial streaming of its product---or have they???

I certainly have no problem paying for Horns games with such a bright future beginning its sunrise. All suggestions will be highly appreciated. Many thanks in advance for any assistance.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
For the past five years I've watched Rams games on my laptop. atdhe.com. You have to wade through the ads, but when you get through that games come in just fine.

jap

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
For the past five years I've watched Rams games on my laptop. atdhe.com. You have to wade through the ads, but when you get through that games come in just fine.

Thanks! I probably should have waited to retrieve my MacBook Pro from Apple (where it is getting replacement parts) before posting this thread. I want to eventually add a 30-inch monitor---that should look real sweet in HD!!!

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
I have been watching Rams games online for years, there are a bunch of sites streaming them. There is a thread for this in the members forum. Once the season gets here it should be updated.

Psycho_X

Legend
Legally speaking your choices are NFL gameday pass through nfl.com which is $99 for every season/preseason game for 2016. Preseason games can be streamed live or season games can be streamed after they are over (no live viewing). For live viewing of everything sunday ticket via directv or I think playstation is available but is $250 unless you get a deal.

Otherwise, stream through online sites at your own risk. Kodi through an amazon fire or stick is a prime choice for most I believe.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Guys, I pay $57 per month for direct tv. I get the first year free and told them I am only doing it for NFL Sunday ticket. They said as long as I stay in good faith I will get it free next year. They are so easy to negotiate with. Don't sign that contract until you get something in writing that you will never pay for Sunday ticket again.

psxpaul

Rookie
Name
Paul
Last year I used a VPN with NFL Gamepass international. It worked perfectly - there's even a nice Kodi plugin available for it.

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
Kodi is the way to go!

Last year I used a VPN with NFL Gamepass international. It worked perfectly - there's even a nice Kodi plugin available for it.

Please do tell!! What is the name of the plugin?! Thank you

lordbannon

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I registered for a class at the local community college to get the student discount rate for Sunday Ticket streaming. $99 for the season.

Then I dropped the class once they "verified" my status (and before tuition was due).

I tried streaming through pirate sites one season and I was just constantly aggravated by either low quality, buffering, dropped connections, etc.

jap

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks to all who responded. Yes, I have used pirate sites before (shame!, shame on me!!!), but the homeland security team has been cracking down on illegal streaming of many video sites (sports, movies, etc.). The site I used to use for Rams games streaming as well as other non-sport sites appear to have been affected, and I really prefer to have high definition viewing and audio anyway---especially with the expected (by me, anyway) coming Horns renaissance this season.

I use a commercial site for another sport league, and there is very little to complain about where high definition video & audio quality is concerned.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
Guys, I pay $57 per month for direct tv. I get the first year free and told them I am only doing it for NFL Sunday ticket. They said as long as I stay in good faith I will get it free next year. They are so easy to negotiate with. Don't sign that contract until you get something in writing that you will never pay for Sunday ticket again.
You got it in writing that you get it free as long as you have DirecTV? I was given 5 consecutive years free but I needed to ask for it. Things are changing though because this time they called my bluff in retentions dept. I tried 6 different reps all in the retention dept and all of them said no.

psxpaul

Rookie
Name
Paul
Please do tell!! What is the name of the plugin?! Thank you

It's called NFL GamePass. Wiki link here. For the VPN part I just use PrivateInternetAccess. I haven't found a good Kodi plugin for managing VPN connections, so I just do that part manually before launching GamePass.

Ram65

Legend
I don't have a TV

So your a cord cutter!:wow:

Thanks to all who responded. Yes, I have used pirate sites before (shame!, shame on me!!!), but the homeland security team has been cracking down on illegal streaming of many video sites (sports, movies, etc.). The site I used to use for Rams games streaming as well as other non-sport sites appear to have been affected, and I really prefer to have high definition viewing and audio anyway---especially with the expected (by me, anyway) coming Horns renaissance this season.

I use a commercial site for another sport league, and there is very little to complain about where high definition video & audio quality is concerned.

I will have to check on that. I did watch the draft using one.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
You got it in writing that you get it free as long as you have DirecTV? I was given 5 consecutive years free but I needed to ask for it. Things are changing though because this time they called my bluff in retentions dept. I tried 6 different reps all in the retention dept and all of them said no.
Yes sir. I told them I wouldnt sign up unless guaranteed to have NFL ticket for free the next two years. So my bill has a column of -$300 or whatever it is for the next two years.

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
It's called NFL GamePass. Wiki link here. For the VPN part I just use PrivateInternetAccess. I haven't found a good Kodi plugin for managing VPN connections, so I just do that part manually before launching GamePass.

Thank you very much! I'll try my best to download it, you rock brotha

Psycho_X

Legend
Just bought a firestick today. Going to give this a try. It'll be nice to have access to broadcast tv programming at the very least after cutting the cord. I was told Phoenix was a good channel to use through kodi for live sporting events. Figured I'd try that for the preseason game Saturday and see how it goes.

Also, be careful using any kind of torrents. That's the bigger security risk and also the shadier legality risk depending on what you're watching. And if you decide to do torrents or actual downloads of content make sure you have a VPN.

Edit: note that I am not an expert this is just what I've learned through research lately.

raised_fisT

Hall of Fame
If I can find an alternative to negotiation with DirecTv this year, that would be great. I had to jump thru hoops several different times just to get a discount on the NFL package last season. Don't know how you guys manage the free thing. Maybe I just suck at negotiations.