Austin Davis - Interesting Stats

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamWoodie

Legend
I really don't like when people celebrate the win, before it happens...that is all.
Well...is he celebrating the win...or the catch that led to the win? This is why I say you're making an assumption. Go to the Rams website and listen to Davis talk about the win. What you will see is a guy who knows it was a team win, and glad he could contribute to it.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Well...is he celebrating the win...or the catch that led to the win? This is why I say you're making an assumption. Go to the Rams website and listen to Davis talk about the win. What you will see is a guy who knows it was a team win, and glad he could contribute to it.
I'd rather just drop it if that's OK with you. I saw some things that I liked, and some that I didn't. I stated my opinion, on something that I saw, not an assumption, of something I didn't hear. I hope he continues to improve at an accelerated rate.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Here's what I'm hoping. I'm hoping that Austin Davis gives Fisher a MASSIVE headache.

Why? Well, if he leads the Rams to a huge blowout win with huge passing numbers, then that puts Fisher in a quandry. He's on record as saying , "Hill's the starter" while having, at that point, one of the hottest young QBs in the league.

And... it would mean that we blew out the Cowboys.

So, yeah. I hope Austin Davis gives Fisher a MASSIVE headache by having a 400+ yd, 5TD game and the Rams win by a very large margin.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Apparently Matt Ryan is trying to Bogart my Wish...

Who do I report that to? The Faerie Police? Centers for Wish Yoinking?

Alaskan Ram

Last Frontier Member
Davis had a chance to practice with the 1s the whole week leading up to the game. Davis' 1st career start, and he was a big part of the team win. Some players only get one chance to show what they can do.
His whole future was riding on the moments he had in that game because circumstances out of his control gave him a shot.
I've always believed, given a shot on a good talented team, any capable QB can sky rocket if they want it bad enough.

No one can elevate a heaping pile of crap.
But when you are a leader in a team , you can elevate yourself and others using governing dynamics. Doing what's best for yourself and the group yields good results most of the time.
I saw a "player" out there. Still miss Sam. But we just might have found a player who has "it" when "it" matters most.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Davis had a chance to practice with the 1s the whole week leading up to the game. Davis' 1st career start, and he was a big part of the team win. Some players only get one chance to show what they can do.
His whole future was riding on the moments he had in that game because circumstances out of his control gave him a shot.
I've always believed, given a shot on a good talented team, any capable QB can sky rocket if they want it bad enough.

No one can elevate a heaping pile of crap.
But when you are a leader in a team , you can elevate yourself and others using governing dynamics. Doing what's best for yourself and the group yields good results most of the time.
I saw a "player" out there. Still miss Sam. But we just might have found a player who has "it" when "it" matters most.

Fair point. Lets say Trent Green never gets hurt, does Kurt Warner ever get a chance in the NFL? It's crazy to think about that there might have been some potentially great QBs that just never got a shot.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Fair point. Lets say Trent Green never gets hurt, does Kurt Warner ever get a chance in the NFL? It's crazy to think about that there might have been some potentially great QBs that just never got a shot.
He probably wouldn't have. I'm sure many have thought the same thing.

I saw a feature on Kurt, and Favre said that he turned down reps, because he was so overwhelmed. When he tried out for us, which was going to be his last, he thought he did so poorly, that he told his wife that his dream was over.