Attacking the rams from defense or offense? I can't get it

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Attacking the Rams Offense:

(1) Attack Gurley. Use +1 defender in the box, not necessarily 8 in the box.

(2) Attack the Rams' play action game. Looking at vids, I didn't realize how frequently the Rams only sent 2 or 3 pass receivers into the pattern -- feels totally anti-Martz. Watkins' TD against NYG and Woods' TD against Hou were just 3 receiver patterns. When Hacksaw Hamilton says "everyone into the pattern", he's not talking the Rams' 2017 offense.

(3) Use combo coverages. If the defense can play tight man, it opens up more options for the defense. (Yes, Cook has speed, but he's not getting past a properly positioned safety.)

(4) Make Goff pay, because the quarterback must go down and he must go down hard. (Yes, Cook has speed, but a slow developing deep route is still a slow developing deep route.)

Yes, I "borrowed" from 2 Baldinger vids:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntsDx_nSmGQ

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qLdUm4-7UA

Given his amazing memory for all things football, and the fact that he's had all offseason to brood and plan based on what the Falcons did - I suspect McVay is ready and champing at the bit - for teams to try the same thing again. Especially with Cooks available. "Just try it, mofos!"

TSFH Fan

Epic Music Guy
Given his amazing memory for all things football, and the fact that he's had all offseason to brood and plan based on what the Falcons did - I suspect McVay is ready and champing at the bit - for teams to try the same thing again. Especially with Cooks available. "Just try it, mofos!"
Indeed
In addition, I'm thinking Jedd Fisch will/can/might add a wildcard element to things.