At this Point My 53 Prediction

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

oldnotdead

Legend
OFFENSE (26)

XWR Robinson, McCutcheon
YWR Jefferson, Skowronek, Atwell
ZWR Kupp, Harris, Powell (returner)
TE Higbee, Hopkins, Carter

LT Noteboom, AJ Jackson
LG Edwards, Anchrum
C Allen, Kolone
RG Shelton,
RT Havenstein

QB Stafford, Perkins, Wolford
RB Akers, Henderson, Funk, Kyren Williams

DEFENSE (24)

DE Lewis, OLB Hollins
NT Gaines, Robinson, Jonah Williams
DT Donald, Hoecht
JACK (SAM) Floyd, Garrett

MIKE Wagner
ILB Jones. Gervase

RCB Ramsey, Long
LCB Rochell, Kendrick
SCB Durant, Hill

SS Rapp, Fuller, Lake
FS Scott, Burgess, Yeast

ST (3)

P Dixon
K Gay
LS Orzech
PR/KR Powell, Williams

Probable PS Candidates

OG Snyder
DT B. Brown (3 game suspension)
ILB Rozeboom
DE Copeland
OT/OG Brewer
OT Arcuri
WR Trammell

The Rams could open a spot on the 53 by carrying only 2 QBs with the 3rd on the PS. Perkins will not clear waivers that much is very clear. Wolford might, however. If not they can sign Perez to the PS. If you are starting a QB from the PS your season is over anyway. They might try trading Wolford for a 5th or 6th round pick. Wolford is all he's going to be right now. He's a decent backup QB that's it a tier 3 player. Perkins has the talent to be a tier 2 type of QB. Who knows how long Stafford's arm will hold out? I'm guessing no more than 3 years. Perkins could allow the Rams to make another QB trade in 2025 if Stafford's arm deteriorates. I have tendonitis in my shoulder so I know what I'm talking about. Yeah, he might be fine now but how will he be in 3 years? Perkins can be a starter or a bargaining chip. They won't have that with Wolford.

Personally, I think they carry 3 QBs this year and try to trade Wolford next year. Next year Wolford will be a RFA too expensive for a backup in LA but affordable to another team who might be looking for a bridge QB. If they release him this year both Seattle and particularly SF might see him as a good bridge or backup option. But even then he wouldn't pose the same threat level as Perkins. Like I've been saying Perkins can improve his arm strength with proper physical training. That is the only thing keeping him from being a mid-tier two QB.

BC Ramfan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
BC Ramfan
I mostly agree with Dead, except Lake to PUP, Copeland to 53, and Brewer for Carter.
I want more depth on OL or DL.
OL injury insurance / DL fresh legs.

BC

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Copeland on the PS, yeah I don't think so
Agree. The fact that Copeland (the 4th DL at the end of last season and in the Playoffs) has not been dressed the first two preseason games suggests to me that he has the top reserve DL-spot locked.

That would leave Hoecht, Williams and Earnest Brown competing for ... at most ... two spots.

Also, Bobby Brown's suspension is six games ... not three; and the Practice Squad is once again (I believe) sixteen players with several different criteria and designations.

Last edited:

dang

Legend
I’d feel better if BBrown was available to rotate and BRuss was ready to ascend to starter role by mid/season. Any further set backs on DL/OL may necessitate some external moves. We would have some neotiation chips from our WR/DB corps.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
These are always fun to guess, especially at the bottom of position groups.
I have 10 DB's maybe 11. 12 seems like a lot but we have a lot of talent there and many of them can play on ST
I think Copeland is on the 53 and I have Brewer on 53 with Kolone on P.S.
I like Carter as a FB/TE type hope you are right.
Well Done

oldnotdead

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The list of PS were just players currently in camp that I think have a shot at the PS not a complete listing.

The only reason I kept Kolone over Brewer is with Shelton at RG it might make less disruption if Allen comes out particularly if its for something minor or only for one game. Why slide Shelton over then put Anchrum in at RG unless it's for the loss of Allen for a whole game. This is how keeping 3 QBs impacts the roster.

It's why I honestly think they will keep Perkins as #2 and release Wolford and hope he can clear waivers and sign back to the PS. Otherwise, they can sign Perez to the PS. It's why IMO they brought Perez in to see if he's a viable option. By releasing him early they don't tip their hand. IMO Wolford and Perez are a wash in terms of talent.

If they only keep Stafford and Perkins then I think they will carry 9 OL with either Snyder or Brewer. I think Arcuri showed how raw he is and how he needs a redshirt year.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
The only reason I kept Kolone over Brewer is with Shelton at RG it might make less disruption if Allen comes out particularly if its for something minor or only for one game. Why slide Shelton over then put Anchrum in at RG unless it's for the loss of Allen for a whole game. This is how keeping 3 QBs impacts the roster.

It's why I honestly think they will keep Perkins as #2 and release Wolford and hope he can clear waivers and sign back to the PS. Otherwise, they can sign Perez to the PS. It's why IMO they brought Perez in to see if he's a viable option. By releasing him early they don't tip their hand. IMO Wolford and Perez are a wash in terms of talent.

If they only keep Stafford and Perkins then I think they will carry 9 OL with either Snyder or Brewer. I think Arcuri showed how raw he is and how he needs a redshirt year.
This makes sense and it might be the way they have to go. Kolone has played solid, not great, but his snaps have been good and he's held up well. Overall I concur with the rest that Copeland will make the squad along with Williams, IMO, Hoecht is the odd man out.

I also believe that Christian Rozeboom makes the roster over Jake Gervase, IMO, both are good on special teams, Gervase to me just seems to be always late.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
This makes sense and it might be the way they have to go. Kolone has played solid, not great, but his snaps have been good and he's held up well. Overall I concur with the rest that Copeland will make the squad along with Williams, IMO, Hoecht is the odd man out.

I also believe that Christian Rozeboom makes the roster over Jake Gervase, IMO, both are good on special teams, Gervase to me just seems to be always late.
I think there's a decent chance Arcuri is lineman #8 right now.

Malibu

Pro Bowler
The last several spots it is going to be tough. Lot of names - Carter, Lake, Yeast, Williams, Wolford/Perkins, E Brown, B Brown, Rozebroom, Kolone, Brewer, Synder, possibly Howard, Hardy, Garrett, Thomas, Gervase, Hummel - I add maybe Burgess and possibly one of the rookie DBs Kendricks

Some serious tough decisions.

First I move Harris to TE that frees up a spot to keep McCutchen. I PS Wolford rest is tough. ILB/Safety just defense over all and OL on offense are tough areas.

I don't envy McVay and the coaches.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
As the trade deadline approaches, and assuming McCutcheon & Harris make the team and show promise, do you move Jefferson so you have room to sign OBJ...assuming you have a deal worked out with OBJ?

Maybe Jefferson and a 5 for Quinn in Chicago. The Bears need WRs badly.

Or you just move Jefferson for a pick. Might get as high as a 4th for him and a team like the Bears it would be a high 4th.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Are we assuming Bobby Evans will be cut? Going into year 4 he still does not look good out there. I think Wolford will be the QB2. Not too keen on Wolford or Perkins at this point. But I think McVay likes Wolford as the backup.

dang

Legend
As the trade deadline approaches, and assuming McCutcheon & Harris make the team and show promise, do you move Jefferson so you have room to sign OBJ...assuming you have a deal worked out with OBJ?

Maybe Jefferson and a 5 for Quinn in Chicago. The Bears need WRs badly.

Or you just move Jefferson for a pick. Might get as high as a 4th for him and a team like the Bears it would be a high 4th.
IMO no way do you move Jefferson before signing OBJ. I also don’t see Rams trading starters for draft picks but I could see trading for another starter (e.g. OG or Edge).

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Here are some of my random opinion nuggets in rewatching the Texan game.

Did anyone mention or notice #39 ILB'er Jake Gervase was relaying the defensive plays called by DL coach Henderson in the first half? Thought he played well.

Safety Terrell Burgess played the first half @ the Strong Safety post & many times lined up with the only ILB'er Gervase inside in passing situations. Burgess played much better than the first preseason gm. ER Benton Whitley is very quick into the backfield but has no skills to wrap or tackle the QB or the RB

In the Texan game, the best DL'er on the field for the 4 quarters was by far Jonah Williams who usually lined up in the middle close to the center. When only 2 DL'ers were on the field he lined up @ RDT. IMO this was his best game as a pro. Williams has put on muscle & weight. He is much thicker & stronger. In the past, we have seen him playing DE or at times the ER posts.

DT Marquise Copeland did not see the field Friday night. I believe that UDFA DT Elijah Garcia will earn a position on the PS. DL'ers Ernest Brown & newby T.J. Carter appear to be waiver material.

Backup center Jeremiah Kolone is not close to being a replacement for the last year's backup center Coleman Shelton. Kolone is only effective when blocking in a box. He lacks any movement blocking skills. Carberry badly needs to look elsewhere. Reserve OT Max Pircher did not play..

Once RG Logan Bruss knee was blown Carberry inserted Tremayne Ancrum from LG to RG & his performance was not what I expected but better than Bobby Evans who was playing next to him. Carberry brought Chandler Brewer to play LG for the rest of the gm. Brewer's play was solid. Jackson had a few good blocks playing RG. Late in the game, #64 Jack Snyder replaced Jackson @ RG & his play was very solid. Snyder needs more work!

I was highly impressed with the game that FB/H-Back/TE #49 Roger Carter played. He outplayed TE Kendall Blanton by a large degree. Carter's in-line blocking & move blocking is very good for a UDFA rookie. He will be Ram's very versatile 3rd TE. #49 was all over the place excellent find.

Last edited:

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
IMO no way do you move Jefferson before signing OBJ. I also don’t see Rams trading starters for draft picks but I could see trading for another starter (e.g. OG or Edge).
I said they would have to have a deal in place I would think.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
Has it been confirmed that Jefferson won’t be ready for opening day?
As for opening roster spots, I don’t see the Rams carrying 3 QBs. Perkins goes to the PS.
Burgess? Maybe he goes when either VJ or BB3 comes back.
It could be Harris who gets bumped.

I don’t see either Rozeboom or Copeland surviving on the PS.

There is a bittersweet reality to having a championship roster. We can’t keep or protect everyone. Guys who would be depth for us, will be starting as upgrades on other teams. So the decision to jettison proven contributors for FUTURE upgrades is risky business. It might be easier to stash rookies/unproven players like Lake or Harris until he is needed at some point during the season.

I’m telling ya, ST performance is gonna be a major issue in deciding these last few spots. I see Durant, Kendrick, McCutcheon, and Carter all flying around on STs.