At Last.. Tre Mason still absent from Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Orchid

Starter
Name
Obert
It appears that the NFL and NFLPA are trying to help this young man. Thank you.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/

Tre Mason still absent from Rams
Posted by Mike Florio on September 4, 2016, 8:25 PM EDT
459082896-e1473034988926.jpg
Getty Images
As the Rams begin preparations for their regular-season opener at Santa Clara, they still don’t have running back Tre Mason on the roster.

“Tre Mason is on our Reserve/Did Not Report list, that’s where he stands,” coach Jeff Fisher told reporters on Sunday. “We’ve been in communication with the family, not Tre, but with the family. The organization’s position, including the league and the [NFL] Players Association, is to take care of him and help him to get the help that he needs to get through this life crisis that he’s having.”

Mason is in the same posture as a holdout. He can return at any time until the Tuesday after Week 10, and he will be unpaid until he does. If/when he reports, the Rams will have to decide whether to reinstate him to the roster, to cut him or trade him, or to place him on the non-football illness or injury list, based on his condition when he arrives.

For Mason, the first challenge is to resolve apparent mental-health issues that have plagued him for months. We wish him the best.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
This was a blessing in disguise Benny Cunningham looks better than ever, Malcolm Brown runs heavy, Chase Reynolds is the white running back in the room, and Aaron Green combined with Terrence Magee seem like real finds!

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Mason isn't even good enough to make our roster anymore. I've moved on.

Orchid

Starter
Name
Obert
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I am sorry. This was not a post about his skill or ability. I just wanted him to be well. It was/is about him not the Rams.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
This was a blessing in disguise Benny Cunningham looks better than ever, Malcolm Brown runs heavy, Chase Reynolds is the white running back in the room, and Aaron Green combined with Terrence Magee seem like real finds!
+1
It's the best stable of backs the Rams have had in a very long time.

Regardless of the reasons for Tre being where he's at today, we'd all like to see Mason get his life back on track.
IMO he's done as a Ram but i have a feeling the NFL will still be an opportunity for him if he can find clarity.

fancents86

Starter
Imagine if this thread was about Mason killing it in the preseason. We'd all be be saying great things. Sadly these Mason threads have shown out to be prime examples of human nature where he praise people when they do good, but kick them when they're down. I don't remember any negative comments about Bailey when he almost lost his life and is no longer allowed to play ball, so why is it so different when someone is in the midst of losing their sanity and unable to contribute?

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Imagine if this thread was about Mason killing it in the preseason. We'd all be be saying great things. Sadly these Mason threads have shown out to be prime examples of human nature where he praise people when they do good, but kick them when they're down. I don't remember any negative comments about Bailey when he almost lost his life and is no longer allowed to play ball, so why is it so different when someone is in the midst of losing their sanity and unable to contribute?
No need to stir the pot here. It's already been skinned and cooked in previous threads. Move on please.

Reminder to ALL. This isn't the place to discuss social commentary on non-football things.
Thanks.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Does anyone really think that Mason is/was a better a RB than Cunningham?
I don't. Just my opinion of course.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
As a football player, I also believe he will not be missed. Not because he was not capable and even exciting sometimes, but with Benny, and Malcolm, and of course, a healthy Gurley, we are loaded.

fancents86

Starter
That is not entirely clear if he is "losing his sanity". Stedman's situation was different altogether, I think @Mojo Ram summed it up best beyond that.

As a football player, I also believe he will not be missed. Not because he was not capable and even exciting sometimes, but with Benny, and Malcolm, and of course, a healthy Gurley, we are loaded.

edit: Just read your response. I don't need to speak for @Mojo Ram (Nor would he probably want me to (n) ) but my understanding of his response was that he didn't want follow ups to your post (probably from guys like me :censored: ) to turn this thread sideways. :D
I understand that, but if you read orchids very first sentence, this was posted for those who are interested that he is being helped by the nfl. Has absolutely nothing to do with what people think of him as a rb. There are many other threads about him where you can bring that shyt back up. It dosent need to be dragged into every thread.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
Sorry @Mojo Ram , I promise. Just this ONE more time. (I can't help it)

Joe_Namath_Mike_Lookinland_Brady_Bunch_1973.jpg

"Hey Bobby. Is that your friend Tre doing drills on the front lawn again?"

"It sure is, Joe! Oh boy! Do you think he'll sign the back of my Jack Snow jersey this time, if I ask real nice?!"

"Naw. Maybe some day he'll be ready. For now I think you and me need to work on our screen passes. Now, on two I'll hit you out in the right flat...uh...watch out for Cindy's swing set this time. OK buddy."

"Swell Joe!"

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
I wasn't too enthusiastic about him. Is it a bad thing that I don't miss him?... I think what we got now, it would be difficult for him to compete for a spot.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I've made it very clear where i don't want this thread to go...and i know...that most of you know...where that place is.
200.gif

We can discuss Tre's life, his football career and his dreadlocks but the next post that attempts to drag this subject into a mental illness human debate will get this thread locked.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I wasn't too enthusiastic about him. Is it a bad thing that I don't miss him?... I think what we got now, it would be difficult for him to compete for a spot.
I think when you talk about a RB's vision, Tre is sorely lacking there. Great burst though.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
I've made it very clear where i don't want this thread to go...and i know...that most of you know...where that place is.
200.gif

We can discuss Tre's life, his football career and his dreadlocks but the next post that attempts to drag this subject into a mental illness human debate will get this thread locked.
herman.gif

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

lighten%20up%20with%20words.jpg

tempests

Hall of Fame
Does anyone really think that Mason is/was a better a RB than Cunningham?
I don't. Just my opinion of course.

After 2014, I would've said yes. I think Tre could've been a good one. That career path is pretty much lost now.

Benny is a classic overachiever. Won over coaches and fans with his dogged determination to make the most of any opportunity that came his way.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
From what I've seen with this year's running back crew, I don't see Mason returning as a Ram. He might have a career somewhere, but LA is in pretty good shape at RB as is.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
How can you not be very pleased with the 2016 Rams stable of runners......Gurley, Cunningham, Tavon Austin, Brown, Reynolds, Magee & Green ....well done Snead & Fisher for the best cadre of RB's not seen here in a long time.(y)