A'shawn to go under the knife??

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

KJD_Ram

Rookie
minor cleanup according to McVay....did he get dinged in practice or has this been an issue all along?

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon

After missing the first half of the 2020 season, A’Shawn Robinson may not start the 2021 slate on time. The Rams defensive lineman is set to miss time because of a knee surgery, Sean McVay said Thursday.

While McVay categorized this as a minor procedure, Robinson is expected to miss a few weeks. With barely two weeks remaining until the Rams’ opener, the prospect of the team needing to make an adjustment to its defensive starting lineup now enters the equation.

A backup on last season’s Rams squad, Robinson is expected to replace Michael Brockers at defensive end in this year’s Los Angeles lineup. Robinson played just 111 snaps last season, one in which he missed eight games. The sides worked out an agreement that prompted Robinson to avoid opting out due to a respiratory issue, but the former Lions starter played a minimal role upon return. The former second-round pick, however, has 37 career starts and stands to be a bigger part of this year’s Rams defense.

Los Angeles is quite light on experience behind Robinson. Among its top five backup defensive end candidates, only one — Marquise Copeland — has played an NFL game. And Copleland suited up for just one contest as a rookie. The Rams have Bobby Brown III and Earnest Brown IV as options, though both are rookies whom the team drafted on Day 3. Second-year UDFA Eric Banks did not see any action last season. Should Robinson need more recovery time, it will be interesting to see who the Rams choose to start alongside Aaron Donald and nose tackle Sebastian Joseph-Day in Week 1.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

this guy is turning out to be the drew bennett of the dline.

at least the rams got a couple of games from him.

Juice

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That's a shame. I hope he makes a speedy recovery. Who do you think get's the reps now?

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon

McVay: A'Shawn Robinson to undergo minor procedure on knee, will miss "the next few weeks"​

Aug 26, 2021 at 01:48 PM

Rams head coach Sean McVay announced Thursday that defensive lineman A'Shawn Robinson will undergo a minor procedure on his knee and be out for "the next few weeks."

Robinson is entering his second season with the Rams after signing a two-year deal with them in late April of last year. In his first season, he finished with 12 total tackles, one pass breakup and one blocked kick in eight games.

McVay also said Thursday that they're still working through outside linebacker Ogbonnia Okoronkwo's shoulder stinger.

"There potentially could be,
but we're still working through that right now," McVay said, when asked by a reporter if there could be any long-term concern about Okoronkwo. "And what exactly comes of that, we're kind of in the wait and see (mode) with how he responds to some of the treatment that we're going through right now." McVay said Okoronkwo's diagnosis hasn't changed.

Okoronkwo posted 12 total tackles, one pass breakup and one sack in 10 games last season.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Pro Bowl season ahead I hope. But this doesn't help me believe in a guy I already think is just collecting a check.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
That's a shame. I hope he makes a speedy recovery. Who do you think get's the reps now?
I would expect that primarily that SJD would get an HD increase along with Greg Gaines you also would see the Rookie Bobby Brown absorb some of the duties on that Brockers post.

DE- SJD
NT- Gaines
DT-Donald

The NFL continues the 2021 system where a player can go on the IR for just 3 weeks & return if healthy. This might be the case with Robinson. This timing is not all that bad good chance to take a longer look @ both Jonah Williams & Eric Banks & see which one of them is worth keeping when/if Robinson returns.

Good time to keep an eye out on DT M.Copeland performance in the Denver game this would be his best opportunity to take an MR53 spot. Copeland in college always had bad intentions for any RB he ran into.

Last edited:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
DE- SJD
NT- Gaines
DT-Donald
Yes. Gaines and Brown at NT. More Gaines vs power rush games. More Brown vs zone. I really like Gaines' game but not when it's a zone scheme.

I'm still pissed about this. But oh well maybe someone on that depth chart will take advantage.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Injuries are never good. In this case I personally have confidence in Gaines, SJD, and Brown. Those guys will only perform better with AD at their side.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I would expect that primarily that SJD would get an HD increase along with Greg Gaines you also would see the Rookie Bobby Brown absorb some of the duties on that Brockers post.

DE- SJD
NT- Gaines
DT-Donald

The NFL continues the 2021 system where a player can go on the IR for just 3 weeks & return if healthy. This might be the case with Robinson. This timing is not all that bad good chance to take a longer look @ both Jonah Williams & Eric Banks & see which one of them is worth keeping when/if Robinson returns.

Good time to keep an eye out on DT M.Copeland performance in the Denver game this would be his best opportunity to take an MR53 spot. Copeland in college always had bad intentions for any RB he ran into.
Well - yes I like Bobby Brown & Jonah Williams are going to be solid DT/DE.

Not a Copeland fan. My pick is Banks or Hoecht?? One of those 2 now have a lot better chance to make the 53.