A'Shawn and Floyd still unsigned

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Haden

Kurt Warner for President
Name
Dave
My first thought is that the rest of the league isn't too high on our defenders. Even Rapp's deal was 1 yr and so was Wagner's.

My second thought was this: I wonder if the Rams are interested in bringing either player back on a substantially reduced salary???? I'm not aware if there is any internet speculation on this.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
I'm assuming teams are waiting for the draft. They likely have suitors who have indicated this to them. The comp pick formula is gone after draft, so, more reasonable for teams to sign these guys.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Not the same caliber of player, but I thought the Rams would bring back Chandler Brewer until he was signed by Jacksonville today.

Salary could very well be an issue for Floyd, A'Shawn and their agents, it could also be important for these guys to hook up with a play-off contender or city they'd prefer to reside, any number of things may delay a signing.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Said it before. A number of guys signed a one year deal. Floyd and Robinson are not upper tier free agents. Is it possible we overvalued our guys? Maybe losing them isn't as devastating as we thought?

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Ashawn's only window of good production was the Super Bowl run. Outside of that he was a disappointment so nobody is gonna pay him shit. He's looking at low end run stuffer money.

Leo is a cut above him in quality. Someone will add him to their roster, he brings toughness off that edge and a good strong side rush. Not a tough thing to find but he's a good player so will end up with a job.

I mean we're looking at Hoecht taking his place. Worry there is the contain. When Leo was healthy his contain was excellent.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Yeah, a lot of our FA’s haven’t exactly cleaned up on their new deals.

Turducken

Starter
We don't compromise our comp picks next yeat by resigning our own FA's (vs other FA's) so there is a little added value to bringing them back if we do not fill our needs in the draft.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Pre free agency predictions were that AShawn would get 10-12 million

I wonder if those pre fictive numbers come from the players agents., and are overinflated.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

I wonder if those pre fictive numbers come from the players agents., and are overinflated.
@Merlin is right, I think the 2022 A’Shawn tanked his value, or for sure kicked it to the post draft market.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River

Spotrac still has a pretty inflated price on A'Shawn.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
Honestly, if we can get them on an incentive loaded contracts, it would make the draft easier. Having Floyd across from a rookie with Robinson plugging holes is much more comforting than the apparent plan we have now. Letting them hit free agency might have been a good move for us.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
A'Shawn likely signs after the comp formula is no longer a factor. Floyd however can sign any time he wants to, if his asking price is reasonable but I doubt he gets as much as he was getting from the Rams.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
I'm not buying that no one values these players as they'll be signed after the draft. Also most players are signing 1 year deals (not just former Rams either) because I believe their agents know the CAP is going up a lot after next year due to the new deals the NFL made with the likes of YouTube.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm not buying that no one values these players as they'll be signed after the draft. Also most players are signing 1 year deals (not just former Rams either) because I believe their agents know the CAP is going up a lot after next year due to the new deals the NFL made with the likes of YouTube.
NFL= Not For Long. Next year is never guaranteed...

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott

I saw on OTC I believe, where they projected Rapp to get $10M apy.

dang

Legend
My first thought is that the rest of the league isn't too high on our defenders. Even Rapp's deal was 1 yr and so was Wagner's.

My second thought was this: I wonder if the Rams are interested in bringing either player back on a substantially reduced salary???? I'm not aware if there is any internet speculation on this.
The question to answer is are either of these players in the plan gif 2024? If not - I don’t see the Rams giving them a one year deal.