Around the NFL: which non-Rams team do you find most intriguing?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
There are a lot of interesting storylines and situations around the league right now wrt the "lesser" teams. Since I dislike anyone not wearing Rams horns, it's tough to look around at them, however it does give us something else to discuss around these parts. I have two...

1. Titans. Not only did they sign Saff away from us and stick him into a power run scheme where he's going to make them a lot of money, but they have a head coach who has all the trappings of Patriots Way without the production when he was a DC. Is he a Fish type, who got that first job too fast and it's going to stunt his growth? And then you have their OC, who jumped from the Rams at the promise of playcalling responsibilities. Can he elevate that offense? When I look at that roster, they have some good talent they're just not impressive at QB. Going to be fun to see what happens to them in that division this year.

2. Jets. I'm a big fan of Darnold. I admit it. So that's part of it. But also you have the head coach who failed in Miami then moved to NY to win a power struggle and basically call the shots. And while he's not the best OC, I do think he's in that top half of the league in gameplanning. But what really elevates them to an interesting level for myself is Greg Williams at DC. So yeah, I'm a big fan of GDub as well. The roster has holes all over, but they also have some plus players at key positions, meaning if enough of those holes have guys play so-so they can make some noise.

Who are your non-Rams teams to watch? ;)

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I've always liked to watch NFC East Teams. Cowboys, Eagles, Giants, Skins... I've always liked the division. But...

It's gotta be an AFC team. Can't really "root" for any NFC teams...

1. Colts
2. Browns (they do seem interesting now)

Psycho_X

Legend
I’m with @CGI_Ram and the Colts. They’ve always kind of been my AFC team to cheer for and I had high hopes for them this year. Course Luck is fighting injury already so they might trend south quickly but if healthy that team has some interesting pieces.

And also the Browns but that seems to be the trendy pick now. They’ve got a team jam packed with exciting players with a lot of swagger. Be interesting if a first year head coach can pull them all together without imploding along the way.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
Colts for me too. Always rooted for Luck, top bloke and great QB and they've just never been able to put enough good pieces around him. This is their year. I really like the young nucleus they have.

Plus I had them in the ROD mock draft!

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I've always liked to watch NFC East Teams. Cowboys, Eagles, Giants, Skins... I've always liked the division. But...

It's gotta be an AFC team. Can't really "root" for any NFC teams...

1. Colts
2. Browns (they do seem interesting now)

Well note that I'm not talkin "rooting" here. Just the teams whose situation you find intriguing.

Colts are a good one. They really surprised me last season wasn't sure what to expect from Reich as HC.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
Raiders. And I am going to be pissed if Joyner has a breakout season with them, because it seemed like he stopped giving a damn when he was a Ram...

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
1. Cardinals. It's either going to work or not work with Kingsbury & Murray. I don't think it will take too long to get that answer.

I still don't understand though, why they didn't can their GM when they had the chance. Keim is the last guy i'd want when trying to rebuild from the ground up.

Raptorman

Pro Bowler
Name
David
Patriots. They sucked before Belicheat and will probably suck after him. As a team, they didn't have an overall winning record until about 2001 or so. Their fans act as if they have always been winners.
In the 39 years before Belicheat, they went 275/312/9. Making the playoffs 10 times in 39 years. 4 with Parcells. With Belicheat they have missed the playoffs three times in 19 years and compiled a 225/79/0 record over that time.

Ants

Starter
Intriguing?
Probably the Eagles and the Vikings - both good teams that can potentially be great. Maybe Buffalo also because they are underdogs but seem to be young and developing.

Who am I interested in because a sort of like them? Probably the Colts.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
There are a lot of interesting storylines and situations around the league right now wrt the "lesser" teams. Since I dislike anyone not wearing Rams horns, it's tough to look around at them, however it does give us something else to discuss around these parts. I have two...

1. Titans. Not only did they sign Saff away from us and stick him into a power run scheme where he's going to make them a lot of money, but they have a head coach who has all the trappings of Patriots Way without the production when he was a DC. Is he a Fish type, who got that first job too fast and it's going to stunt his growth? And then you have their OC, who jumped from the Rams at the promise of playcalling responsibilities. Can he elevate that offense? When I look at that roster, they have some good talent they're just not impressive at QB. Going to be fun to see what happens to them in that division this year.

2. Jets. I'm a big fan of Darnold. I admit it. So that's part of it. But also you have the head coach who failed in Miami then moved to NY to win a power struggle and basically call the shots. And while he's not the best OC, I do think he's in that top half of the league in gameplanning. But what really elevates them to an interesting level for myself is Greg Williams at DC. So yeah, I'm a big fan of GDub as well. The roster has holes all over, but they also have some plus players at key positions, meaning if enough of those holes have guys play so-so they can make some noise.

Who are your non-Rams teams to watch? ;)

For the Titans that former Rams coach who jumped to the Titans to call plays is now the head coach in Green bay.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
i'm a southern Cal guy, AFC=Chargers
train
Chargers second. I think Lynn was a great choice, but Gruden could possibly turn coal into diamonds. I was a huge advocate if Gruden was to be a coach. But him and his bro gave us McVay speaks for itself...

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
For the Titans that former Rams coach who jumped to the Titans to call plays is now the head coach in Green bay.

That's right. Knew he was the Packers coach but somehow forgot to connect the two loool. I'm already irritated with Rogers for actin like a prick re: them approaching preseason like the Rams with heavy scrimmages/practices.

Hoping Rogers gets some humble pie. Course it won't be his fault...

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Steelers...my interest has been renewed because they got rid of those two.

Texans...hometown team ftw.

Intrigued by the Giants. I think they'll be better than what everyone thinks. Got rid of the divas and loudmouths. Sterling Sheppard is a good WR, and will be helped when Golden Taint comes back, plus they have Saquon and good players onD. Playoffs probably not, but they won't be an easy game every week.

Reddog99

Pro Bowler
In the NFC I'm gonna keep an eye on the Packers since Lafleur is the head coach now. In the AFC its the Chiefs. Really looking forward to seeing what Mahomes does... I'll be keeping an eye on the Browns as well.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
That's right. Knew he was the Packers coach but somehow forgot to connect the two loool. I'm already irritated with Rogers for actin like a prick re: them approaching preseason like the Rams with heavy scrimmages/practices.

Hoping Rogers gets some humble pie. Course it won't be his fault...

I hated seeing all that as well. But Ragers also recently came out and was pretty harsh against the media for those stories. Saying he and Lafluer are really close and well connected.

Honestly I don't know how Lafluer could be considered ready other than having studied under Sean. Falcons let him come to us, he didn't call plays here, and the Titans were like 21st on Offense last year. Albeit there is more to coaching a team to that and that is what you are hoping coaches are gaining from Mcvay. I just don't know.

Guess we'll see how the Arod Lafluer relationship pans out.

Edit: Ragers (lol) = Rogers