Around the League - Looking ahead to week 4

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
What games and matchups are you looking forward to?

Thursday, September 29, 2022

TNF
Miami Dolphins at Cincinnati Bengals

Sunday, October 02, 2022

9:30 AM ET
Minnesota Vikings at New Orleans Saints

EARLY GAMES
Buffalo Bills at Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Browns at Atlanta Falcons
New York Jets at Pittsburgh Steelers
Washington Commodes at Dallas Cowboys
Jacksonville Jaguars at Philadelphia Eagles
Chicago Bears at New York Giants
Los Angeles Chargers at Houston Texans
Tennessee Titans at Indianapolis Colts
Seattle Seahawks at Detroit Lions

LATE GAMES
Arizona Cardinals at Carolina Panthers
New England Patriots at Green Bay Packer's
Denver Broncos at Las Vegas Raiders

SNF
Kansas City Chiefs at Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Monday, October 03, 2022

MNF
Los Angeles Rams at San Francisco 49ers

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Top 5 Games for NFL's Week 4 Schedule​

A topsy-turvy weekend leaves a lot of uncertainty heading into Week 4 of the NFL season. Only five teams — the 3-0 Eagles and Dolphins, the 0-3 Raiders, the 1-1-1 Colts, and the 0-2-1 Texans — are not 1-2 or 2-1, leaving the standings fairly muddled.

But what that does mean is that most of the schedule is full of competitive games with real stakes. That's no given this early in the season. Not even making this week's top five is an AFC South showdown between the resurgent Titans and Colts, as well as a cross-conference game between the Packers and Patriots.

What's left are several games we could see again come playoff time — perhaps in the Super Bowl. Let's break down the best of Week 4.

(Note: All games listed in ET)

Top 5 Games of Week 4

5. Jaguars vs. Eagles, Sunday at 1 p.m.

How shocking is it to see the Jaguars in an interesting game? Well, after two straight blowouts, that's going to happen. Changing from Urban Meyer to Doug Pederson might be the biggest coaching update in recent NFL history. Now Pederson will have a massive test against his former team, which looks like it will have a chance at the NFC's No. 1 seed.

4. Dolphins vs. Bengals, Thursday at 8:15 p.m.

After beating the Bills, the Dolphins established themselves as true AFC contenders. The Bengals will be another good test, even if the offense (and team as a whole) doesn't look like the unit that went to the Super Bowl last season. Plus, we can reignite 2020 NFL Draft debates with Joe Burrow and Tua Tagovailoa facing off.

3. Rams vs. 49ers, Monday at 8:15 p.m.

Both teams are off to slightly disappointing starts, but that makes the NFC West race even more interesting. There's also the narrative of Kyle Shanahan owning Sean McVay recently, although the Rams snapped a six-game losing streak with a three-point win in the NFC Championship Game in January.

2. Bills vs. Ravens, Sunday at 1 p.m.

Two of the most electric offenses in the league will face off in Baltimore, and their contrasting styles only make this even more intriguing. And with both teams at 2-1, this could have massive playoff implications. Who's excited for an MVP debate between Josh Allen and Lamar Jackson?

1. Chiefs vs. Buccaneers, Sunday at 8:15 p.m.

Kansas City and Tampa Bay have had similar trajectories since meeting in Super Bowl LV. After falling short in the playoffs last season, they both started 2-0 in 2022 before dropping disappointing games last week. But most importantly, as long as Patrick Mahomes and Tom Brady are in the picture, these are both title contenders once again.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I am liking the Jags / Eagles as my early game to watch.

Jags are easy to root for. And… It would be good to see Philly get a loss.

Q729

Legend
Might tune in to that Lions game, or just RedZone it again.

oldnotdead

Legend
The Lions have played better than their record. They should be 2-1 except for another bonehead game call by Campbell. They were leading deep into the 4th quarter with only minutes on the clock. They had crossed the 50 yd line but their drive stalled. Instead of punting and pinning them deep, he called for a FG well out of his kicker's range. The kicker had just missed from a closer range. Of course, he missed and it set the opposing team up near mid-field.

Are you fucking kidding me? Same shit as last year. Same piss poor game management he's always shown. If there is a coach that is ripe to lose his locker room it's Campbell. Yeah, he admitted it after the game, but it's Goff who gets the long term blowback in the media. Just like last year, he gives the team a lead deep into the 4th quarter only for the defense to fold. So the media calls Goff a poor QB.

The Lions should have won 7 games last year. But bad defensive calls and coaching decisions lost those games on the opposition's last possession. But it's Goff who takes the blame. The lack of talent on defense was a key factor last year. But so far coaching has been the problem, i.e. game management. The Lions are an 8-9 win team in terms of talent. I think they are a year away from being a wildcard contender. But I'm not so sure with Campbell who IMO is the biggest impediment on the Lions, not their QB.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
So the media calls Goff a poor QB.
Goff is a coach killer. He'll blow your mind in 7 on 7 and look like the second coming of Montana but the moment he gets heat he grows a vagina. Boy doesn't like getting hit which is not conducive to QB greatness.

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
Goff is a coach killer. He'll blow your mind in 7 on 7 and look like the second coming of Montana but the moment he gets heat he grows a vagina. Boy doesn't like getting hit which is not conducive to QB greatness.
List of QBs who like getting hit:

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Goff's gonna be a HOFER! ~ Merlin in 2017

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
List of QBs who like getting hit:
The spectrum of how well they can handle it is quite broad IMO. But I get the feeling you'll disagree with that too and I'm fine with that.

RAMSinLA

Hall of Fame
Goff is one of those guys that will end up as a backup and come in for an injured starting QB and kick ass... he is a QB that played in a super bowl. Total respect for Goff.

dang

Legend
Its early in the season but IMO Goff is playing at top 10 QB level on a poorly coached team this year. He will never carry a team like Mahomes, Jackson or Hurts are currently doing but he’ll start for years to come if he plays at his current level. And while he is a below average running QB he is not fragile.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
I don't think it will happen, but I'd like to see the Rams douche the whiners on Monday night. A win will be just fine, however.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Goff is one of those guys that will end up as a backup and come in for an injured starting QB and kick ass... he is a QB that played in a super bowl. Total respect for Goff.
Nick Foles has entered the chat...

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Aside from the early Bills/Ravens game the late and night games look most interesting to me. Chiefs/Bucs look like a marquee matchup as does the Rams/49ers. The Bucs have not had the same offense so far. I'm expecting a Chiefs win.

I think the Bills win but the Dolphins showed they are beatable after looking unbeatable the first two games. Lets see how they respond. Ravens are a tough out with Lamar Jackson.

I expect the Cards to win their game. Panthers are not very good. But we can hope.

Of course the big game for us is Monday. I don't know what to expect. They seemed to matchup very well against us operating the short game to perfection in a 31-10 rout. I do expect our defense to continue the bend don't break with inexperienced secondary guys. Which normally plays into their hands. They'll gladly take underneath stuff all day. I believe if we can play the run better sooner or later it will force them into 3rd and long which plays into our hands.

LouisvilleRam

Hall of Fame
Heard earlier Justin Fields averages 99 passing yards per game
oh-man-this-is-really-bad-colin-jost.gif