Arm chair GM 1st Rd Mock Draft-Pick #6 Atlanta Falcons

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Atlanta Falcons pick #6

• Sammy Watkins

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Anthony Barr

• Eric Ebron

• Justin Gilbert

• Tim Jernigan

• Zach Martin

• OTHER(write)

• Total voters

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Recap:
#1) Houston Texans-Blake Bortles 57%
#2) St Louis Rams-Greg Robinson 41%
#3) Jacksonville Jaguars-Jadeveon Clowney 38%
#4) Cleveland Browns-Teddy Bridgewater 46%
#5) Oakland Raiders-Jake Matthews 35%

Ok ROD's, the Atlanta Falcons are on the clock. No trades. YOU are the GM. Who do you draft?
th

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
This scenario is why the Falcons could trade up.

They don't need Watkins or a QB.

It's too early for Lewan and Martin.

One could make a case for Ebron, but it feels too early there too.

So in this situation, I took BPA; Mack

Memphis Ram

Legend
This scenario is why the Falcons could trade up.

They don't need Watkins or a QB.

It's too early for Lewan and Martin.

One could make a case for Ebron, but it feels too early there too.

So in this situation, I took BPA; Mack

IMO, this is a scenario why the Falcons may stand pat. Going by their free agent signings, their DC Nolan looks to be going towards more of a 3-4/4-3 hybrid defense and Mack would be a perfect fit.

Last edited:

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
You both bring up good points,but i think Kalil Mack falling to them is a great scenario...they get what many consider to be the best defensive player in the draft and they save a draft pick or two by staying put. I pick Mack with no hesitation if i'm the GM. This would be a great addition to that already talented team. Like CGI said...Ebron would be a perfect fit,but too high at #6.

Watkins slipping a tad in this mock. Maybe Jrry was right! :cool: Then again, Tampa is in the batters box and i don't think Watkins gets past them.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Khalil Mack. Can play in a 3-4 or a 4-3 (unlike Barr), is definitely a top-ten player in this year's draft, and he brings an element to the Falcons defense that they don't have: a dominant pass-rusher. They have a solid middle linebacker in Weatherspoon. They have three solid members of the secondary in strong safety William Moore, and a promising duo at cornerback in Desmond Trufant and Robert Alford. They've signed a lot of big names at defensive tackle in free agency. Now they desperately need someone who can get to the quarterback.

So, with the sixth overall pick in the 2014 NFL Draft, I'm taking Khalil Mack out of Buffalo.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
This is a no brainer right here. They need guys who can rush the passer. He might be the best pass rusher in this draft. They go Mack all the way

SierraRam

Recreational User
Rams trade up to #6 and take Watkins. New Falcon player developement guru, Billy Devany, insists on control over additional picks to recreate his unparalleled 2009 draft where 5 of 7 picks are out of football in less than 4 years. sorry - still bitter

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Looks like everyone has the right idea here. Mack is the best player available at a position of need and he would fit their defensive scheme. Easy choice.