Arm chair GM 1st Rd Mock Draft-Pick #2 St Louis Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

St Louis Rams pick #2

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
From http://www.ramsondemand.com/threads/rod-arm-chair-gm-1st-rd-mock-draft.24038/
Results:
#1) Houston Texans-Blake Bortles 57%

Ok ROD's, your St Louis Rams are on the clock. No trades. You are the GM. Who do you draft?

th

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I went with Robinson with a very slight nod over Matthews, although Clowney is tempting, but value wise, for OUR team, I go with the OL.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I went with Robinson with a very slight nod over Matthews, although Clowney is tempting, but value wise, for OUR team, I go with the OL.
I also draft Robinson with a slight edge over Clowney for need. Robinson over Matthews because of his ability to make an immediate impact day one at Guard for a season or two,if necessary. I wouldn't even consider Watkins at #2. It was either Robinson or Clowney for me.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
By now everyone knows I am in camp with Matthews whether it is at #2, or in a trade down.

I don't think Long will be 100% by the first game or even the first month for that matter. Saffold will just get hurt again if he is played there I hate it when I see experts saying he is a decent option at T. Matthews is ready to play there now.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Lucky for us there are guys worthy of the pick.
I take Clowney, if he really is a once in a generation DE.
Though I wouldn't be disappointed if we take Robinson, Mathews or Watkins.

FRO

Legend
I picked Clowney because he is a rare prospect. Always choose the rare guy when you can get him. My second choice would be Watkins because I just think that highly of the guy.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
No votes for Watkins, yet?

This board has a large Watkins following!

Ramsey

Starter
Name
Ramsey
I'm surprised too.

My wife pinched my arm, because some stupid ass excuse... I wasn't wearing green? What the Hell! So, I inadvertently voted for Johnny Manziel instead of Sammy Watkins. And I can't go back and change my vote. Ruined my day, man.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
My wife pinched my arm, because some stupid ass excuse... I wasn't wearing green? What the Hell! So, I inadvertently voted for Johnny Manziel instead of Sammy Watkins. And I can't go back and change my vote. Ruined my day, man.
Lol,ok. One vote for Watkins.

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
I vote Robinson, I like his style and would love to see him lined up against the other teams in the west. Clowney is very tempting though....

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Matthews. He is by far the most pro-ready tackle I've seen in a long time. We know for a fact that he can play left tackle and do it at a high level. While he doesn't have Robinson's brute strength, he's also a much safer pick and at number two overall, you don't want that pick to bust.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Matthews. We need to develop an elite O-Line and Matthews will be another step towards that goal. If we can't protect our QB and develop a consistent run game, we will struggle to overtake our division even with a great defense. I want our offense to put up enough points to win games without the defense having to "hold on" for a win. Our O-Line is the key for being a consistent playoff team.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Pretty tight vote between the big three of Clowney,Robinson and Matthews.