Arizona just got much better

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

nighttrain

Legend
Carson Palmer signed 2 year 16 mil contract, if they can draft or find a decent running back, our division aint the dog of the NFL anymore
train

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I think they'll need to dedicate the whole of their resources to the O-line if they want ANY chance of competing within this division. JMO.

nighttrain

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The Dude said:
I think they'll need to dedicate the whole of their resources to the O-line if they want ANY chance of competing within this division. JMO.
Absolutely have to provide protection for Palmer, but he can sling it
train

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
106809-650-366.jpg

"Hooray! A new QB to sack!"

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
The Dude said:
Agreed but if palmer plays as well as i think he can with fitz they at least stepped out of the bottom of the barrel

A55VA6

Legend
They'll draft Lane Johnson or someone in the 1st round. They need an O-line for than anything.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
<a class="postlink" href="http://sportsradiointerviews.com/2013/04/03/nfl-arizona-cardinals-trade-quarterback-carson-palmer-raiders/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://sportsradiointerviews.com/2013/0 ... r-raiders/</a>

Carson Palmer joined KTAR in Phoenix with Doug and Wolf to discuss why Arizona was a great place to land, the offense they’re installing with the Cardinals, working with Larry Fitzgerald, the offensive line that will be in front of him and how he describes himself at this point in life.

You should have had a few options. Why did you decide the Arizona Cardinals were the best option?:

“Because this is hands down, by far, the best opportunity. There were a handful of places, but as soon as this organization came up, and you start thinking about the coaching staff they’ve put together and the players they’ve drafted and the players they’ve signed in free agency, absolute, hands down no-brainer. … I know a lot about Arizona. I’ve got a lot of family history. … It just made too much sense from every angle.”

What do you know about Bruce Arians and the offense he plans on running?:

“I know he’s aggressive. I know he doesn’t want to put together 14-, 18-, 19-play drives and try to beat people that way. He wants to score; he wants to put the ball up and down the field. He wants to score a point per minute of possession. He believes in ball security and stopping the run on defense. He was in Pittsburgh and I played against him a bunch and saw his offenses move the ball up and down the field. … When you have a chance to step into your throws and do some of the things he’s done in the past, protection-wise, you’re just giving those playmakers on the outside more and more opportunities to do what they do.”

Have you ever had as professional of a receiving core as you will have in Arizona?:

“You know, when you think about that position throughout the league and you think about Larry, Larry’s as professional as they come. Larry’s a businessman who happens to be a phenomenal football player. He does it year in, year out. … He gets better each year, and the opportunity to work with a guy like him, he’s going to rub off on everybody around him. … The trickle-down effect you get from a guy like Larry makes average receivers really good and good receivers great. I’m going to learn a lot from Larry.”

How concerned are you when it comes to the offensive line in Arizona?:

“I’m not concerned at all. If you look at it, you look at all the injuries, that’s a freak thing. When you get that many guys hurt at one position group, that just doesn’t happen year after year after year. … With the coaching they’re going to get from the guys we have on this staff, we’ll get better at that position just like we’ll get better at every position.”

How would you describe yourself as a person?:

“I’m a father of three, four including the dog that doesn’t listen to me. … I love football and I know that we’re not blessed to play this game for very long and you have to take advantage of every opportunity. And you have to be a gym rat and have to be studying film, you have to be improving. Because if you’re not, there’s too many guys out there that want to play in this league.”

Listen to Carson Palmer on KTAR in Phoenix here

[mp3]http://icestream.bonnint.net:8000/az/audio/2013/04/04022013155836.mp3[/mp3]

lasvegasrams

Rookie
Palmer has done well with franchise WRs. With that being said, he is way past his prime. I have followed him since his days at USC and have seen his game decline since his last year at Cincy.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
The Dude said:
How concerned are you when it comes to the offensive line in Arizona?:

“I’m not concerned at all. If you look at it, you look at all the injuries, that’s a freak thing. When you get that many guys hurt at one position group, that just doesn’t happen year after year after year. … With the coaching they’re going to get from the guys we have on this staff, we’ll get better at that position just like we’ll get better at every position.”

:lmao: Clearly, you didn't watch the Rams from like '07 to '11. Trust me Carson, if it looks like your line is cursed, they're cursed. Lobby for a tackle like your life depends on it, because like Angry Ram pointed out, IT DOES!

nighttrain

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
lasvegasrams said:
Palmer has done well with franchise WRs. With that being said, he is way past his prime. I have followed him since his days at USC and have seen his game decline since his last year at Cincy.
Still, he's better than any QB the Card's have had since Warner, and everybody thot he was over the hill
train

biggame1190

Starter
Name
CB
Zona is still a major joke. They will not win more than 5 games and the Rams, Hawks, Niners will EAT Palmer alive....