Are You The Jilted Ex?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Or were you?

In 2008 we draft Chris Long out of Virginia, 2nd overall in the draft. We were desperately looking for a defensive end that was good. He wasn't spectacular, but he was good for 8 years, and then he left us for the hated Patriots. The Pats were where vets went to get a ring it seemed, and Chris got his in the 2016 season when the Rams went 4-12 (gulp). In 2017 he went to the Iggles and won ANOTHER Super Bowl that year...WTF!!!!

Most of us were sorta glad he got a ring and less so after the 2nd one. In 2018 we were close, but no cigar. In 2021 we finally won another one and so the sting of seeing Chris Long and Danny Amendola going away and getting multiple championships. lessened, because they left us behind. The best revenge is to live well, so we need another one, dang it!

View: https://twitter.com/RamsOnFilm/status/1508556847950835717?s=20&t=uUHIurp-dnQGCpu6_ohs1g

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Always liked CLong. The defense was never the problem in those years... The offense was........ Offensive.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
Long was a good player, we could have drafted Matt Ryan in that spot. In hindsight, that was the better pick.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Always liked CLong. The defense was never the problem in those years... The offense was........ Offensive.
I thought the Rams fielded D1 and like a D6 on Offense

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I’ll never forgive Fisher for letting Amendola sign elsewhere. He was literally the only good receiver they had. They could have released all the others to save money and sign Amendola.

I remember the Chris Long debate. 3/4 OLB or 4/3 DE. His college coach said 3/4. He was versatile enough for both.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
I liked Chris Long. He gave his all on shitty teams. Can't say fairer than that. I wasn't upset when he won a ring.

I went to a pats game on vacation the year he played there, I think it was their home opener. I was telling all the people around me that Long would play well. He got a sack and they thought I was nostradamous.

BuffaloRam

Hall of Fame
I’ll never forgive Fisher for letting Amendola sign elsewhere. He was literally the only good receiver they had. They could have released all the others to save money and sign Amendola.

I remember the Chris Long debate. 3/4 OLB or 4/3 DE. His college coach said 3/4. He was versatile enough for both.
I think C Long would have been a great 3/4 OLB - but we were wedded to a 4-3 base with come cover 2. We couldn’t cover shit though!

CanadaRam

No guts, No glory.
Name
Andrew
Agree with this.
Was happy that Long could get his SB.

The thing that makes me so much happier now is that the Rams have flipped the script completely.
Where before Rams players would leave to chase their ring, now players come to the Rams for the same reason.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I always liked Long, Laurinaitis, and S-Jax. They were who i watched during the dark years (where I grew during my teenage/young adult years), and I had good memories. It helped that I joined ROD early on.

Thanks for helping make this place, @-X- !!!

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I always liked Long, Laurinaitis, and S-Jax. They were who i watched during the dark years (where I grew during my teenage/young adult years), and I had good memories. It helped that I joined ROD early on.

Thanks for helping make this place, @-X- !!!
Well, with my ROD seniority by two days, I partially accept your thanks...... *flexes guns

I'm sure @-X- agrees....

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Chris Long was a very good player for the Rams and as much as I wished the Rams were winning during his time, they were not and thus I was not upset over him winning with another organization. Back then, it was tough to be a Ram, like it was under Harland Svare before George Allen arrived in 1966 (A great year for births) however, Rams owner the late great Dan Reeves (same name as the player/coach) once said and I quote....I had more fun losing with Harland Svare, then I ever did winning with George Herbert Allen.
1648578874567.png

tempests

Hall of Fame
I remember James Hall led the Rams 07 defensive ends with 2.5 sacks for the entire season. We had no pass rush at all. That's why Haslett had to blitz so often. There were better players at the no 2 slot, but fk, the 2007 Rams were the second worst team in the entire league. We needed to upgrade everywhere. Reminder of how awful our front office was - there was apparently a great debate about Chris Long vs Vernon Gholston. I don't know what the debate was - Gholston never even managed a single sack in the NFL. Drafting CL at least interrupted that horrible stretch of 1st rounders -Barron, Tye Hill, then Adam Carriker. And he was, the Rams first defensive player in ages, to actually warrant a lucrative contract extension.

I liked his ring with the Eagles more than the one with the Pats - at least they stopped Brady from getting another one.

LA_Rams_#29

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
LA Rams 29
I like Chris
..and his dad.

But he talked some smack about the Rams after we moved back to LA so I'm kind of cool on him now

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Long was a good player, we could have drafted Matt Ryan in that spot. In hindsight, that was the better pick.
Yep - dumb of The Rams. Falcons needed a QB badly. Jay Cutler a few years earlier. Draft & trade value.